Payment Logistics Reviews

Updated Nov 24, 2020

3.3
Payment Logistics CEO Dustin Niglio (no image)
Dustin Niglio
  1. "Great Start to Career"

5.0
    Current Employee - Operations in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Payment Logistics full-time

Pros

I joined Payment Logistics with an entry-level position and have worked hard to earn a promotion into a supervisory role. One of the great things about Payment Logistics is their promote from within mentality that provides career growth and opportunities for employees that show they can be relied upon. Good benefits package, high-end campus location in Torrey Pines, company provided snacks, ping-pong table, great people!

Cons

Employees can be expected to wear many hats and sometimes balancing all those tasks can be overwhelming. It does however provide learning and professional experience in areas that may be outside your specific role making you a more rounded individual.

Continue reading
  2. "Lack of leadership, radical ceo, and smug managers"

1.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion

I worked at Payment Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most of the employees under the leaderships are great

Cons

Hardly any real work gets done because everything is directionless

Payment Logistics Response

November 30, 2020CEO

A week before the Governor of California enacted a shelter in place order, we went out and bought laptops for most of our staff and softphone technology that would allow us to implement a temporary and voluntary remote work policy. By the time the shelter in place order went into effect, we were able to transition 90% of our staff to work remotely. Our company is considered "essential" as we provide critical infrastructure and financial services that thousands of businesses rely on. As such, our staff are considered essential employees and are legally allowed to report to work in the office. But we erred on the side of caution to allow most of our staff to work remotely since we didn't know much about COVID at the time. Today, about 60% of our staff continues to work remotely. While we have recalled some employees to work in the office, we have instituted policies to screen in-office staff daily and maintain social distancing in the workplace as well as other hygiene precautions. Currently, we are averaging about 450 sqft of space per in-office employee. As a service provider whose company was designed to work in a collaborative in-office environment, shifting the bulk of our staff to work remotely has been costly in many ways. Unfortunately, as we work towards a more balanced mix of remote and onsite work, it means that some of our staff who had grown accustomed to and comfortable working remotely are now finding themselves being asked to return to the office. At every turn, we have responded to the pandemic in a way that prioritizes employee health and safety while allowing us to continue to provide the best possible service to our clients who rely on us as a critical service provider for their businesses. We owe it to our staff and our customers to operate our business in a sustainable and responsible manner. That means that tough decisions have to be made from time to time despite how unpopular those decisions may be with some employees. As CEO of the company, I am immensely proud of the way our management team and our staff have rallied together in the face of COVID adversity to continue our mission of helping businesses increase revenues, decrease expenses and improve guest experiences by leveraging our cutting-edge payment technology, superior customer service and transparent pricing. During this challenging time, we have brought new contactless mobile technology to market that is helping our customers improve hygiene and operate more safely and efficiently. I wish the former employee who posted this review of our company the best of luck in your future endeavors. I'm sorry you did not find our company to be a good long term fit for you and am grateful for the contribution you made while you were part of the team.

3. "good people"

4.0

I worked at Payment Logistics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

friendly work environment for all

Cons

none that i have at the moment

4. "OK as a temporary stint, but overall a dead end job"

2.0

I worked at Payment Logistics full-time

Pros

- Everyone was very friendly, open door policy made it easy to talk to management - Laid back atmosphere - Flexible work schedule

Cons

- No room for advancement, stuck doing the same thing day in, day out - Employees are not the brightest. Few people outside of management have a 4 year degree, and it shows in the quality of work produced. - Terrible compensation. Below average pay for everyone, and raises are so small it's almost insulting.

Payment Logistics Response

August 18, 2017CEO

-Contrary to this review, Payment Logistics team members are some of the brightest and hardest working in the payments industry and most of them do have 4 year college degrees. Those that do not, make up for it with on the job experience, tenacity and a shared commitment to excellence. Our company has very little employee turnover and we’re growing top line revenue rapidly at 50% year over year in 2017 compared to 2016. -Due to our growth, we are always looking for team members who can step-up and take on more responsibility. In fact, we make it a point to always fill new and important roles by promoting from within whenever possible. This gives our team members the ability to advance their careers and grow alongside the company. -As a payments company that processes several billions of dollars in electronic transactions annually for thousands of clients across the United States, we have a lot of moving parts to contend with. Our staff knows this well and those of them that can handle the pressure never find themselves without a new challenge to tackle. -Not everyone is cut out to work in an environment like ours. We’re fast paced and nimble which means we can change directions quickly and our staff has to adapt to that. We’re also a relatively small business that’s competing and winning against titans of industry which means we’re used to being the underdog but we find a way to succeed despite the odds being stacked against us. Our success in the electronic payments business is directly tied to the aptitude, commitment, and “can do” attitude of our team. Those who embody those characteristics will find a rewarding career with Payment Logistics.

5. "One the the best companies for work for"

5.0

I worked at Payment Logistics

Pros

Great staff Great training Family owned company Great location I would recommend anyone I know to work with this company. The owners are top notch.

Cons

I really don't have any cons of working there. It was an altogether great experience. I would there again if I was still in town.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.