Paymetric Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Asif Ramji

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Such a fun, innovative company!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Paymetric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The executive team is very supportive of everyone, even the small people. I have never been at a company where I had so much access to speak one on one with any of the executives. They truly care about your well-being and how you're doing in your day-to-day life.

The HR team has implemented so much in the short time I have been here, they have placed in a rewards system for health and wellness, they have monthly birthdays to make sure everyone feels special on their big day, and they have completely revamped the on-boarding and enrollment process to make it quick and easy for everyone. The HR has made sure that Paymetric hold tight to their Core Values one being "Have Fun!" by making sure the "Unplugged" events are fun for everyone and try to make it different than just a plain old "Happy Hour". Oh and the benefits at Paymetric, nothing in the corporate world can compare to how awesome the benefits are.

The corporate office is so modern and chic. The open floor plan its easy for everyone to collaborate with one another, which makes rolling out innovative projects that much smoother.

Cons

My own personal downside is the commute. Living in downtown Atlanta and driving to Roswell everyday was very difficult to keep up after a while.

Advice to Management

By positively enforcing the Core Values, it creates a stronger team feel throughout all locations.

"Senior Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Paymetric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

fast pace working environment at Paymetric

Cons

job is not stable at Paymetric

3. "Good company, well defined product set"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Paymetric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Has really good people working there

Cons

Seems to be focused on company valuation instead of success with specific products

Advice to Management

There seems to be a lack of balance between developing long term high value customers and making sales as quickly as possible. Some sales should be delayed to maximize value to both the client and Paymetric.

"Paymetric calls Glassdoor and demands negative reviews to be removed."

I worked at Paymetric full-time

Pros

Some really nice people, and snacks. I learned. I gave this 3 stars because I loved my boss.

Cons

The CEO loses it over bad reviews on Glassdoor and forces his employees to call Glassdoor and convince them that the reviews are untrue. Also, the good reviews are coerced as well. Management lives in a glass tower with almost permanently shut doors, which is ridiculous for a company as small as this. African-American employee numbers fluctuate between nonexistent and almost nonexistent.

Advice to Management

Sit in on all employee interviews with other members of management to ensure fair hiring practices.

Paymetric Response

Aug 29, 2016 – Sr. Director of HR

Dear ex-Paymetric colleague, we always encourage feedback from our team both positive and negative. In fact, the constructive feedback helps us continuously improve. You are correct, feedback... More

"Wonderful Company Values!"

I have been working at Paymetric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paymetric is a wonderful company to work for. The work-life balance is exceptionally good. The management team does an incredible job in listening to their employees and responding to their suggestions. The open-door management policy works extremely well, and the management-employee mentoring process is reaping rich rewards with constant employee promotions!

Cons

There are very few negatives working for Paymetric. The central Atlanta office does a superb job in organizing the functioning of the Houston and Austin satellite offices.

Advice to Management

Not much to say, except keep continuing to support the employees!

"Lives by their core values..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Paymetric full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Paymetric is a great culture and lives by their core values and if these values resonate with you, you’ll thrive here. The products and services built and supported here are market-leading and the opportunity for growth and expansion is staggering. The Development, QA, and Operations teams operate in synergistic harmony, and all resources are committed to keeping it that way.

Cons

During the early growth years, there was a period where I wasn’t receiving the feedback needed to improve. This has changed and Senior management has really stressed collaboration and transparency which has helped break down silos and bring departments together.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate core values and provide continuous feedback to ensure transparency, nurture growth, and support improvement.

"It's PCI compliance and payment integration with the ERPs!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Paymetric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paymetric is a product company with high margins coming from recurring revenue gigs and no competitors yet legitimate enough to provide real competition. This makes it a great place to work for! It is easy to work not silly hours consistently, and generally speaking it's not an environment of stress and angst. I like working in downtown Austin and all of the cool places to catch lunch that comes with that. Free parking downtown is also a perk. There is a "things are good" sense of optimism. There is also a balance between doing things the right way and a cowboy quality that is perfect. We do Scrum, but not puritanically so. We do code reviews and have the best testing team you're going to find, but we don't torture devs with peer programming or similar overbearing micromanagement. We are using the latest version of C# and both web forms and MVC. Both the ASP.NET Web API and WCF web services are in the mix. I like the variety. Also, there is a lot of Greenfield work and not just a polishing of the old. The leaders are good leaders.

Cons

The company has three separate offices in Austin, Houston, and Atlanta and with that comes the challenges you might expect of wrangling a Cerberus.

Advice to Management

Let employees know additional ways in which they may contribute and reward individuals trying to step up to a higher level proactively by giving them a digestible game plan.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Paymetric full-time

Pros

Paymetric is a wonderful place to work. Austin has an experienced team working on great products. The downtown office has a wonderful view and walking distance from everything. When upper management is in town they always take the time to talk to everyone. I truly enjoy working with everyone here and look forward to the years to ahead of us.

Cons

Don't really have any cons

"Fast moving, talented staff and great culture..."

I have been working at Paymetric full-time

Pros

Paymetric is a hidden gem in the Austin market with a relatively modest sized team making a big impact on the payments industry. The team in Austin is first rate and a pleasure to work with. The Agile development methodology is practically and well executed. Great place for creative, motivated, tech-minded folks.

Cons

Working in downtown Austin has mostly advantages in terms of being centralized thus providing access to talent and the vibrant culture downtown, however traffic is a challenge.This is somewhat mitigated by free office parking.

Advice to Management

Paymetric is relatively unknown in Austin although they have been around for several years and have premier office space downtown. Keep growing our presence in the Austin market through community and professional involvement and outreach.

"BDR at Paymetric"

I have been working at Paymetric full-time

Pros

Paymetric has a great work environment and a great culture. The Atlanta office is really nice! They give you the tools/training to succeed.

Cons

As with any job, the days can sometimes be long. The BDR position is a grind. It is repetitive with a lot of rejection, but that is the life of a BDR, not on Paymetric.

Advice to Management

Doing well so far. Keep the focus on appreciating the employees as the company continues to grow.