Payscape Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Payscape President & Co-Founder Jeremy Wing
Jeremy Wing

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This is by far the best company culture I have ever experienced (in 11 reviews)

• Your book of business will be exploited and taken advantage of (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • I've seen little to no actual technology developed by Payscape (in 4 reviews)

• If you are not self-motivated, you will not succeed (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"GREAT opportunity to grow!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Payscape full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is by far the best company culture I have ever experienced. Everyone is family. Upper management is always looking to help you succeed. If you work hard, you will definitely see the reward. Lots of fun working here! Payscape is constantly growing and they love to promote from within so it is a great time to get on-board.

Cons

If you are not self-motivated, you will not succeed. Have to be willing to work around here. People may get distracted by the awesome culture.

Mar 20, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thank you so much for your feedback and we hope you continue to have a positive experience during your time here at Payscape!

2. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Payscape full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm learning how to grow as a Sales Representative at Payscape. MY manager trusts me and has been teaching me a ton! Weekly incentives and bonus' paid out.

Cons

It's not easy work. But I'm a hard worker, so it doesn't bother me.

Advice to Management

Love the company. Would like to see more online training centers for me to continue my fintech education.

3. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Payscape full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture, Great people, Freedom, and sales focused. If you can land large account the payout can be great!

Upper management is doing a great job to change many of the issues that are occurring.

Cons

The comp plan that was outlined upon hire was not completely realistic. This was disclosed by direct management during interview and I still optimistically accepted job. With this being a full commission and residual type job, you need those large account to survive and these potential clients are not easy to find or willing to speak with payscape reps.

There is very little training and this makes it difficult to sell yourself other than low balling the competition and that means less pay.

Advice to Management

If you are trying to recruit professional sales people, you need to make it where when starting out, you are making a living wage.

With more training and support being supportive, this can be a killer job. I like where the company is going with it's new direction and hopefully these cons are not cons for long.

"Great place to talk about golfing?"

I worked at Payscape full-time

Pros

I no longer work there.

Cons

I left Payscape quite a while ago, but have put off writing this review until now. The owners of the company appear to be very well connected throughout Atlanta, and I was concerned with regards to retaliation for a negative review. However, now that some time has past, and after hearing about some recent changes in the company, it became clear that I should warn other folks about what they would be walking into with this company.

Based on my experience, the company appears to be designed to specifically reward the owners and a select few members of the sales management team. The employees all feel relatively disposable. Sales associates come and go, and this churn is considered a cost of doing business. The reviews that discuss the "frat house" mentality are not exaggerations. If you're able to make your manager look good, and "bro down" with the rest of the staff, then you'll be treated favorably.

If you're not part of the sales team, you simply don't matter. Operations and technical staff are after thoughts, usually treated like a nuissance. All of which is odd for a company that purports t be a "FinTech" company. I've seen little to no actual technology developed by Payscape. The lifeblood of the company is the sales staff. If you're a technologist, you should look elsewhere. In my opinion, working for Payscape will set your career back, not advance it in any way. I also don't think you'll receive any respect for the work you do (and certainly won't be eligible for many of the so-called "perks" that apply to sales).

In short, Payscape feels like a group of children who are "playing business," but with less discipline. It is not a place I would recommend to anyone.

"Eh"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at Payscape full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Super fun people and work environment, great work perks if you can hit goals.

Cons

No base pay. Commission only.

Advice to Management

Base pay.

6. "Great Culture!"

I have been working at Payscape part-time

Pros

Great people to work with and were very welcoming from the first day. It is apparent that management wants to provide a healthy and successful work environment.

Cons

Must be self-motivated to be successful.

Oct 24, 2017 – President

Thanks for your feedback! We will keep striving to make this a great place to work for all of our employees.

"Best Place to Work? WHAT?"

I worked at Payscape full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's making me write 5 words to move to the next section. No Pros.

Cons

They are only a best place of work because they make all of their employees give them amazing reviews when all of the surveys come out. There is even a part on the survey that asks, "were you pressured into writing this review?" everyone SHOULD answer yes.

Everyone gets paid very poorly there. I don't know how any survives. Even corporate employees are paid poorly, not just the sales reps. Ask for a raise, you won't get it. They will change around your commission structure 17 times to make you think that you are getting more money when in reality you are not. They must think their employees are stupid and can't crunch numbers. They only ones getting paid are the CEO's who run off to Burning Man every chance they get, they have no clue what even goes on in their company.

Advice to Management

You should probably do something to keep your valued employees and the ones that do a great job for your company.

Oct 24, 2017 – President

Thank you for your feedback. We know every experience is different and we take feedback very seriously here at Payscape! We've even recently committed to revamp our training and better equip our reps... More

8. "A place to grow"

I have been working at Payscape full-time

Pros

There is an incredible corporate culture here. Everyone believes in what we do here and that's really easy to get behind. Our team is efficient and works well with all other teams. I get more and more excited to be here every week that goes by. It's a place I can really see a future in, and there's plenty of room to grow.

Cons

No cons on my end.

Mar 20, 2017 – Talent Team Lead

We are so appreciative of this feedback and are so glad to hear you've enjoyed your time here so far!
    -Talent Team Manager

"Startup Culture with Corporate Security"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Payscape full-time (More than a year)

Pros

How much time do you have? As a relatively young sales rep who has been given a lot of opportunity, and has ultimately seen a great deal of success, I have a lot of positive feedback.

This is a company that started out of a basement over a decade ago and has grown into an award-winning, established business. While the company has grown, and continues to grow, the startup mentality and atmosphere has never changed. At the exact same time, aspects like organizational structure, compensation plans, communication and much much more, have evolved to a corporate level.

In short, Payscape employees enjoy all of the benefits of a startup business without the looming fear of the company going under. I couldn't imagine working anywhere else.

Cons

The only notable "con" I can think of is that this job (sales in particular) is not easy. It is not for everyone. If you aren't willing to come in, put your head down, and work hard, then it might not be for you. We see a lot of turnover on the sales front because people are not willing to put in the work.

That said, I have been with the company for 2 years. I have worked very hard and have been rewarded for that hard work. As with any great sales organization, you control your own destiny.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in the employees who have shown they are willing to work hard and able to produce.

Apr 12, 2017 – Talent Team Lead

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we are so happy to hear you have had such a positive experience! We hope you see continued success during your time here at Payscape!

"Hard work is appreciated!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Payscape full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am lucky to be a part of a team that strives to help build each other up and keeps one another accountable for their goals. Payscape has created a culture that allows you to have fun while you work. It is always noticed when you go above and beyond, and those who put in the effort, are rewarded.

Cons

If you are not a motivated, goal-oriented individual, it will be easy to take advantage of the culture. That being said, if you work hard, this place is amazing!

Mar 20, 2017 – Talent Team Lead

Thank you so much for your feedback and we hope you continue to enjoy our culture and opportunties for growth!

-Talent Team Manager