Payscape Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Payscape President & Co-Founder Jeremy Wing
Jeremy Wing

Pros
  • This is by far the best company culture I have ever experienced (in 11 reviews)

• Your book of business will be exploited and taken advantage of (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no awareness in the community outside of the Atlanta office (in 3 reviews)

• Merchant services isn't a sexy industry (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"GREAT opportunity to grow!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Payscape full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is by far the best company culture I have ever experienced. Everyone is family. Upper management is always looking to help you succeed. If you work hard, you will definitely see the reward. Lots of fun working here! Payscape is constantly growing and they love to promote from within so it is a great time to get on-board.

Cons

If you are not self-motivated, you will not succeed. Have to be willing to work around here. People may get distracted by the awesome culture.

Mar 20, 2017 – Talent Team Lead

Thank you so much for your feedback and we hope you continue to have a positive experience during your time here at Payscape! -Talent Team Manager

"Startup Culture with Corporate Security"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Payscape full-time (More than a year)

Pros

How much time do you have? As a relatively young sales rep who has been given a lot of opportunity, and has ultimately seen a great deal of success, I have a lot of positive feedback.

This is a company that started out of a basement over a decade ago and has grown into an award-winning, established business. While the company has grown, and continues to grow, the startup mentality and atmosphere has never changed. At the exact same time, aspects like organizational structure, compensation plans, communication and much much more, have evolved to a corporate level.

In short, Payscape employees enjoy all of the benefits of a startup business without the looming fear of the company going under. I couldn't imagine working anywhere else.

Cons

The only notable "con" I can think of is that this job (sales in particular) is not easy. It is not for everyone. If you aren't willing to come in, put your head down, and work hard, then it might not be for you. We see a lot of turnover on the sales front because people are not willing to put in the work.

That said, I have been with the company for 2 years. I have worked very hard and have been rewarded for that hard work. As with any great sales organization, you control your own destiny.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in the employees who have shown they are willing to work hard and able to produce.

Apr 12, 2017 – Talent Team Lead

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we are so happy to hear you have had such a positive experience! We hope you see continued success during your time here at Payscape!

"Hard work is appreciated!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Payscape full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am lucky to be a part of a team that strives to help build each other up and keeps one another accountable for their goals. Payscape has created a culture that allows you to have fun while you work. It is always noticed when you go above and beyond, and those who put in the effort, are rewarded.

Cons

If you are not a motivated, goal-oriented individual, it will be easy to take advantage of the culture. That being said, if you work hard, this place is amazing!

Mar 20, 2017 – Talent Team Lead

Thank you so much for your feedback and we hope you continue to enjoy our culture and opportunties for growth! -Talent Team Manager

"Outside Sales"

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Payscape full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of freedom and the offices are cool. Some of the inside sales guys are alight. Weekly bonuses can be nice.

Cons

The job listing says you get a salary. That's a straight up lie. You get a true-up to get your commissions to the point of the "salary" number.
    Weekly sales cycle is garbage. Basically if you have a bad week, stock up on Raman.
    Marketing support is non-existent. Little to no awareness in the community outside of the Atlanta office.
    Training is non-existent. Your first day you are hammered to make a sale even if you don't know what you are selling. I was told many times "fake it till you make it." You have to close a deal to go to training in Atlanta, which is actually pretty fun. Mostly how to sell and not what you are selling. Metaphorically speaking, they give you a butter knife and expect you to build a house.
    The software products are subpar at best. You set demos and try and close the deal. Problem is, when you close the deal, customer support is non existent and response to customer problems is just as non existent.
    The hiring model is basically; you have a pulse? You're hired. Churn and burn is the name of the game.
    Management advice to get sales: tell them whatever it takes to get the contract signed.

Advice to Management

Be honest from the get go.

6. "Fast paced sales environment"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Payscape full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great financial technology products and services. Company is committed to local markets. Hard work is rewarded. Sales Execs have tons of support.

Cons

You must have an entrepreneurial spirit to do well. Lots of outside the office work is necessary. Industry is fast paced and evolving

Sep 13, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback. We love to hear from our growing markets. There is so much opportunity in Memphis!

"Frat House, Management beats you down, poor pay"

Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Payscape full-time (More than a year)

Pros

trips with management where Management thinks it's funny to pull a new employees bathing suit down to his ankles in front of the entire company, and then sit there and laugh at the poor kids, who he insists is fired a couple weeks later for not fitting into the company "culture".

Cons

When they bring on outside reps, they promise them the highest residual in the industry. What they don't tell you is no one makes it there longer than a year or two (most only a couple months) allowing them to keep the full residual when you quit or are let go. It's one big scam. It's run by immature boys. They have pictures of Miley Cyrus on the dish washer. A pic of her when she was younger saying the dishes are "clean", and one of her older stating the dishes are "dirty".

Advice to Management

Act more mature, get experience outside your little world

Sep 13, 2016 – Chief People Officer

We're very sorry that you've had this negative experience. We truly value our employees and strive to make everyone happy and comfortable in the workplace. This includes company sponsored events ... More

"Opportunities"

Current Employee - Director of Support and Implementation in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director of Support and Implementation in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Payscape full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Payscape is an amazing employer for those who are driven and motivated to make a difference. The opportunities here are endless, and are truly what you make of them. There is no other place where the CEO and CFO leave their door open and invite their employees into their world. They are there to truly develop and lead the employees, not to simply delegate and demand. They push you to think outside the box and to find unique and innovative solutions. They are also very great about recognizing accomplishments and celebrating in those moments. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the family I have gained here over the past 4 years.

Cons

We have outgrown our current Headquarters, so it's a tight working space. Good news is, we are getting ready to move into a new building by January 2017!

Advice to Management

I love the road and path that Payscape is on, and I am extremely thankful to be a part of it.

Sep 13, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your positive feedback. Fortunately, new headquarters are on the way! We love that we've outgrown our current space and are very excited to have you on this journey with us!

"Perfect for competitive, motivated, self starters"

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Chattanooga, TN

Pros

Performance is rewarded over experience. Company is growing at a rapid pace. Flexibility. Software products that sell themselves and offer solutions that business owners are looking for. Ability to build your own book of business and earn a residual income. Fast paced, technology driven. Great office location, team, and leadership. Company culture.

Cons

It's a tough job in an always changing industry

Mar 20, 2017 – Talent Team Lead

Thank you for your Feedback! We are so glad you have had a positive experience and hope you continue to enjoy your time here at Payscape. -Talent Team Manager

10. "Didn't know I could love my job! Get your foot in the door NOW"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Payscape (More than a year)

Pros

No where to go but up. The company is bursting at the seems with growth. There's a ton of opportunity to thrive within whatever career scope you have. There truly is a work-hard-play-hard mentality here. Put in your hours (which honestly now and then ends up being over-time), produce excellent results, reach or exceed your quarterly goals, and you will be rewarded with pretty impressive incentives (extravagant parties/happy hours, free airline tickets, all-expenses-paid beach trips and boat days on the lake, etc). Management, Directors, and Executives are completely transparent - there are no hidden agendas and no passive aggressive tendencies as I experienced with past employers. Literally every employee has a chance to shine because there is so much exposure to the co-founders and their right-hand team. Family is very important here, as well as over-all company culture. Management and HR are generally good people who will work with you if a personal issue arises. Based on former experiences, I didn't know I could ever love any job and a company's mission as a whole.

Cons

Payscape is an incredibly fast-paced atmosphere. The company is growing more rapidly than resources can keep up, which can occasionally put some strain on management and directors, causing them to stay late or take work home some nights (not always..but sometimes). However, the growth and extra work will likely be worth it as the company continues to expand. This is a crucial turning point for the company, AKA crunch time, but there is lots of room to grow if you put in the effort and investment.

This is such a unique work environment, which is a huge Pro! But unfortunately, some employees lose sight of their responsibilities. Some can't handle the balance of the work-hard-play-hard atmosphere and take advantage of the cultural benefit while abandoning their job duties. This can cause tension for other employees. Worth mentioning, but I do not think this is the company's fault.

Advice to Management

Continue allowing reporting employees to take the reins and spearhead projects, further promoting the intrapreneurship mission and providing real opportunities to display leadership qualities to directors and executives. And continue showering your employees with love and appreciation as you do now through your incentives and personal career growth plans.

Sep 13, 2016 – Chief People Officer

We're so happy to hear your appreciation for what we're doing at Payscape! Thanks for being a part of the journey!

"Awesome company to work for and huge potential for growth!"

Former Employee - Technology Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Technology Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Payscape (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at Payscape for a total of 6 years and can honestly say that this company, the people at Payscape, were like a family to me. I was given the opportunity to help facilitate the growth of departments and contribute ideas to initiate change and innovation. The knowledge and skill set I gained through hands on experience is irreplaceable.

Payscape values and invests in their employees and have cultivated an environment that encourages personal and professional development, team building and upward mobility within the company. These are 3 of the most important factors anyone should be looking for when considering employment with a company and it is rare to find all 3 with one company.

I highly recommend exploring career opportunities with Payscape; they set the bar high for any future company I would consider working for and there is something to be said about that!

Cons

As with any growing business you have "growing pains" but that's part of the excitement in my opinion so I wouldn't even consider it a "con" but I am required to list one...

Mar 20, 2017 – Talent Team Lead

We are so glad to hear you had a positive experience here and thank you for sharing this positive feedback! We wish you the best in all of your future endeavors! -Talent Team Manager