PeaceHealth Reviews in Eugene, OR | Glassdoor

Eugene, OR

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Liz Dunne

Pros
  • They provide excellent patient care, whereas their focus is primarily on patients and customer care (in 12 reviews)

• Great co-workers and great teamwork (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of bureaucracy with lots of upper management; many changes with regime change; heavy turnover of staff (in 12 reviews)

• Overhear complaints that it can feel like you will be "downsized" at any given time if you're in a non-direct patient care role (in 8 reviews)

1. "Peacehealth"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Eugene, OR

I have been working at PeaceHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benifits and a wonderful working environment.

Cons

I can't think of any cons

"Benefits could be better"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Pros

After putting in several years the Paid Time Off is not bad. The 403b match is pretty good, 3% and they do allow you to hold more pretax up to 10%. PeaceHealth does hire good people so your coworkers are likely to be good to work with. Overall it's is a good place to work.

Cons

Due to rising costs to provide healthcare, they have to look at ways to save money such as cut staff, not fill positions, and cut employee benefits.

Advice to Management

Hopefully a lesson was learned by merging with a hospital that wasn't profitable, hasn't been profitable and likely won't be profitable.

"Wonderful mission, a company in the midst of transition"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

I have been working at PeaceHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is very competitive in the local market, great teamwork in my department and other departments, focus is on patient care, management listens to caregivers

Cons

There is a lot of change happening right now as Peacehealth continues to transition from a holding company to an operating company, this should have happened at least 15 years ago, so there is lots of catch up going on. Operations needs to become more efficient and modern and caregivers need to adjust and not stay stuck in the 80's.

Advice to Management

Communicate more

"Either be related to someone or bring kneepads"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Eugene, OR

I worked at PeaceHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast hiring process. (Friends have told me that they even contact you if you don't get the job! How many employers do that?) Great benefits. Good compensation for local market.

Cons

If you're incompetent but know the right people, you have a job for life. If an entrenched person doesn't like you, you're done. Not the best environment for workers trying to maintain accurate and safe patient information.

Advice to Management

Quit being so frightened of departmental queen-bee types! You've lost good people because one person had a vendetta, and PeaceHealth seems to attract employees, women especially, who like to go down that road.

"good luck"

Current Employee - Physician in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Physician in Eugene, OR

Pros

The organization might survive the transition in population health, though not likely. Cannot consolidate talent. Ineffective leadership

Cons

Management is in free fall. Hopefully will merge before they destroy communities involved.

Advice to Management

Merge before you cut more jobs. EMR transition was horrible.

7. "Medical records analyst"

Former Employee - Medical Records Clerk in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Medical Records Clerk in Eugene, OR

Pros

Good benefits and good pay

Cons

None, I enjoyed working here

"Hopeful"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

I have been working at PeaceHealth full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

PeaceHealth has been a good place to work for most of my career. I have been able to grow in my knowledge and experiences. I've always felt it was my calling to work here.

Cons

We have had a lot of leadership turnover, and fundamental change in priorities due to the changing healthcare paradigms. Leadership has not provided solid direction in recent years, so the ship is sailing without a rudder. Unfortunately, we are burning a lot of money on consultants that are not providing the value I would expect.

Advice to Management

Help PeaceHealth return to the great company it used to be by defining priorities, so we are all working on the right things. Hire permanent employees and get rid of consultants that are here filling positions.

"Internist"

Current Employee - Doctor in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Doctor in Eugene, OR

I have been working at PeaceHealth full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love my co-workers and the mission of the company for what it means.

Cons

Fast turnover of administrative leaders. No continuity.
    Poor communication between admin and staff in charge of patient care.
    Poor delivery of tools for work (EHR for example) making it hard to finish your work n a timely manner. Demands for productivity are increased nevertheless, which makes your feel like the "want great productivity, but give you poorly polish tools to achieve it". At least the salaries got better recently.
    If you look for life/work balance don't work for PH.

Advice to Management

Medical care can not be treated like a factory line.

"Many preach mission and values, too few actually exhibit the behavior"

Current Employee - Manager in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Manager in Eugene, OR

I have been working at PeaceHealth full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive salary, some really good people work here, good benefit plans

Cons

Many have issues with responsibility and accountability, Some leaders have no business being in their positions and create toxic work environments. They hear what they want to hear. They
    spout out quotes and quips from the latest business books and are completely out of touch with reality. They have no idea how to manage staff or identify and rectify issues with employees. High turnover in leadership positions lately is "interesting" obvious political struggles in leadership are obvious to all employees with a brain.

Advice to Management

Pay closer attention to what your middle management is telling you. Hold them more accountable for employee work performance and don't allow 20% of your staff to do 100% of the work because the other 80% are lazy delegators. Stop standard merit increases that reward all employees with the same increases yearly. Increases should be measured by performance, not existence.

"Peacehealth for the Ancillary"

Current Employee - CNA2 in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - CNA2 in Eugene, OR

I have been working at PeaceHealth part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hourly wages are competitive, no pressure from management.

Cons

Hard to get shifts covered, no union. Management does not entertain requests for raise.

Advice to Management

Though unionization is inevitable, it can be avoided if the voices of ancillary staff were considered. I like working here, but as an aspiring RN with a degree in another field, the company does not offer much in terms of training or other learning.