PeachMac Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Darryl Peck

1. "The people mad it the best company I have ever worked for."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

I worked at PeachMac part-time

Pros

-You meet all kinds of interesting people who come to you with problems and you get the gratifying experience of pointing them to a solution.
    -You work with Apple products
    - My boss was always looking to find the best qualities about each employee and harness it.

Cons

You pretty much stand on your feet all day but other than that I did not see any reasons to not want to go to work

2. "There is a reason they are no longer in business..."

Former Employee - Service Writer in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Service Writer in Marietta, GA

I worked at PeachMac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was a good small business to work for since I was here as a recent college graduate. I did earn Apple Technical certifications and gained a lot of good experience.

Cons

The compensation was below what standard Apple employees receive. This is still a retail job at the end of the day. Often it was a stressful work environment. Often my coworkers were unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Compensate your employees better, which would allow you to attract more competent employees.

3. "very fun"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Tampa, FL

Pros

apple products everywhere you go

Cons

long shifts here and there

4. "I loved this job a LOT"

Former Employee - Apple Technician in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Apple Technician in Montgomery, AL

I worked at PeachMac full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

GREAT work environment, LOTS of freedom to choose your own style of diagnostics. Loved my managers. Wonderful place to work, with great pay. I would recommend this job to ANYONE with experience with Apple products and/or GOOD customer service skills.

Cons

The manager placed over our department after the store opened is VERY young and has ZERO experience (other than army ROTC pre-officer training) with managing civilian employees, and thusly treats the department like his own little boot camp. This is the only con really. When he was absent or doing other tasks, this job was always absolutely amazing and I loved the members of management and all of my co-workers. The pay for technician is incredible too (as far as wages in montgomery go)

Advice to Management

Your managers and their opinions are scattered throughout the region. They all have differing ideas for doing different things. The technicians have no 'easy' way to communicate with each other (picking up the phone and calling is not 'easy', a chat system would be easy to create and manage, allowing techs to communicate and get ideas/help diagnosing or repairing machines). Accepting the opinion of one but not the other can be extremely demeaning and can create a very disgruntled environment. Don't accept one story and not the other. If you think someone is doing something wrong, then TELL them. Don't let them continue doing it and not tell them to stop.

5. "PeachMac has been a great job for me, and I hope to make more money."

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Marietta, GA

I have been working at PeachMac part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere.
    You can play with computers all day.
    Decent hours.

Cons

Not much room for advancement.
    It is prety much an Apple store, and employees cannot use their Apple products on the floor.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to use cell phones. One person cannot describe how an entire company will operate.

6. "Peachmac"

Pros

Great pay, laid back work environment, chances to move up in the company. I loved working for Peachmac. I worked my way up to the Trainer position and held it for 3 years until they where bought by another company.

Cons

Was bought by another Apple Reseller. This reseller doesn't care about their employees like Peachmac did. They say that they are for the customer, but are just worried about profit.

Advice to Management

Like I said, there was nothing wrong with Peachmac, but the other company needs to rethink the way that they treat there employees and customers.

7. "Fun Place"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist to Service Writer
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist to Service Writer

Pros

Co-workers and fun work environment. They push you, but never beyond what you are capable of.

Cons

The management seems to be done by the people that are not getting paid for it. Management tends to sit around in most cases while the grunts do most of the duties.

Advice to Management

Pick up your feet or get out. The people on the bottom of the totem pole seem to be the ones that care the most in this company and it is hard to care for a company that your boss will not help you run.

8. "Awful Upper Management"

Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist
    Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist

I worked at PeachMac full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

General managers of the store care about their employees. Incentives to over perform. Fun customer base. Availability of shifts and hours.

Cons

District managers are rude and undeserving of their positions. They personally verbally attack employees and fire good sales specialists just for personality differences, not poor performance. They do not allow the general store managers to run the store as they see fit; instead, they micromanage and make everyone's life miserable.

Advice to Management

Close.

9. "A Stepping Stone"

Current Employee - Sales Specialist
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist

I have been working at PeachMac part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love that I get to work with Apple products and learn so many things about them. I feel as if I am well trained and treated well.

Cons

There is not always wonderful hours, if there is not enough revenue or foot traffic, you can be sent home early.

Advice to Management

Consider paying a little bit more and instead of hiring so many, offering more hours to the ones you do have. There is a thousand part-time workers and not so many full time. Just my opinion.

10. "Hard, testing, rewarding!"

I have been working at PeachMac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PeachMac has been a roller coaster of an employment. Being in management is a taxing job, but that is retail in general. The corporate team has had a lot of changes made to it in the last year, but Howard (Retail Director) has handled the task of running a lot of this stuff well. I work with an awesome group of managers not just in my store but in all the other locations as well. We keep in touch and help keep motivated. There are days you just want to throw the towel in and give up but the team here just becomes a family and they help keep you going! Even the corporate team, while they can be a pain in the butt and drive you to drink, even will jump in and give words of encouragement.

Cons

Corporate does need a little more structure for supporting the stores. Howard has been doing a great job, but the guy needs help. The company needs DM's or something to support the stores a little better.
    Also, and again this is just retail, but customers can be ridiculously unforgiving. Make sure you have thick skin, because they show no mercy. They think the employees are the rude people, man do I wish there was a BBB for customers.

Advice to Management

Get some more support for the stores, DM's or something.