Peachtree Settlement Funding Reviews | Glassdoor

James D. Terlizzi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Executive Purchaser"

I worked at Peachtree Settlement Funding full-time

Pros

Unlimited income potential for the "pool", company paid travel all over the country, decent benefit package including 401k match, great marketing and brand equity

Cons

slow climb to the top, old boys club, company experienced some financial difficulties making fundings difficult, delays in commission due to delays in funding

Advice to Management

more emphasis on training and internal growth, improve the antequated data base into a cloud based CRM, allow more advancement

"HORRENDOUS"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Peachtree Settlement Funding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have absolutely zero positive words to give about Peachtree or it's parent company, J.G Wentworth.

Cons

Everything. Absolutely EVERYTHING.
         You will start as a low paying Account Executive (or Account Associate") and be given little to no training. Your pay is minimal and you will be required to make 200 plus calls a day to people who want nothing to do with your services. You are told there is no cold calling because all customers have contacted Peachtree in the past. True in the technical sense of the definition of the law but let it be known you ARE COLD CALLING people that do not want to be called. Over, and Over, and Over again.
    Here are some things to keep in mind if considering this position:
    1) JG Wentworth or Peachtree does not care about you as a valued employee.
    2) If you value your college education in any possible sense, do not waste it with a junk company like this.
    3) There are NO ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES unless one of those very few above you either quits, is fired, or dies. Be prepared to wait years for any sort of advancement.

*Do yourself a favor and print this review and bring it to your interview. Remember, you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you. You will be lied to, and you will be sold if you aren't skeptical. If you don't believe this company is running itself into the ground, go ahead and check out the stock performance over the last 18 months and let the numbers speak for themselves.

Advice to Management

Clean your database.
    Employ 1/3 as many sales floor people.
    Stop playing favoritism to your top 10.
    Leave the JG Wentworth umbrella. They ruined a good company.
    Learn to treat your employees with some respect.

3. "A Good Place To Work For"

Former Employee - Clerical Worker in Boynton Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Clerical Worker in Boynton Beach, FL

I worked at Peachtree Settlement Funding full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started at Peachtree as a temporary associate, through a nationally known staffing service. I was given a job to do and left alone to do it. No micro-management. When I accumulated enough hours, I was made permanent. The contributory health insurance, personal time, and vacation time were very generous. My co-workers, supervisors, and mangers were encouraging and empowering.

Cons

Peachtree was deeply impacted by "The Great Recession," and that did not help the overall company culture. But we did the best we could with what we had.

Advice to Management

It's been a while, and there have been major changes to Peachtree, so I have no real advice.

4. "Work"

Pros

compensation is well structured here.

Cons

there are no cons to working here

"Truly and Unimaginably Awful"

I worked at Peachtree Settlement Funding full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is almost impossible for me to think of something good to say about this company. I guess it's nice that your paid time off starts accumulating right away.

Cons

I cannot stress how important it is that you, person considering working here, do NOT go through with it. Peachtree is without a doubt the worst job I've ever had. Working there actually made me depressed. And it's not because of the calls. I believe that some jobs that involve cold calling are not all awful. Peachtree is a terrible place to work because the people in charge, with a few exceptions, have no souls. There is a podium in the middle of the sales floor where the Vice President sits and literally (and I mean LITERALLY... the true sense of the word, as in this actually happens) screams at violently swears at everyone on the floor. The "Group Leads" who work under him have been making calls for 5-10 YEARS and do not see a time when they will not be making calls because there is absolutely no room to advance. There is literally no reward for giving your soul to making 100 calls a day to numbers that are disconnected. These managers will try to tell you they no longer make calls, but I sat next to one for my entire time there. They are cold calling people as much as the account executives. And they are all dirty SOULLESS people. However intricately they can explain otherwise to Peachtree customers, they are taking advantage of people's desperation. If you have a soul and want to keep it, I beg you to not work here.

Advice to Management

Change everything. I know that's never going to happen. My advice here is not for you but for unsuspecting job seekers.

6. "Great while it lasted"

I worked at Peachtree Settlement Funding full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The money was good for me.

Cons

Headquarters is a little weird

Advice to Management

You are not as smart as you think you are.

7. "It was a decent job but you need thick skin."

I worked at Peachtree Settlement Funding full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation, benefits, company events, and HR department were good to excellent. You could get lucky and have a $10,000.00 phone call or have a deal close in two weeks.

Cons

Very competitive industry. There are quite a few things that can go wrong that you have no control over and must explain to the customers.

Advice to Management

Switch to a brokerage model. Shift liability and advertising costs to employees.

"A lot of activity for little return"

Former Employee - Business Development in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Development in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Peachtree Settlement Funding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were great, everyone was nice (in Atlanta office).

Cons

It always felt as though you were ripping someone off. It is legitimate and serves a need. I think the problem is that it has a lot of lawyers & insurance agents involved and therefore it is hard to get or be allowed to give a straight answer.

9. "Account Executive"

I worked at Peachtree Settlement Funding full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was average with the market. Other places such as Client First and Imperial paid their employees more money.

Cons

Peachtree sold out to JGW. They left all the sales floor out of a job.

10. "Harvard Business Case Study!"

Former Employee - Finance Analyst in Boynton Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Finance Analyst in Boynton Beach, FL

I worked at Peachtree Settlement Funding full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The services the company offers are unique, interesting, and challenging. You will gain a lot of DB, Access and Excel skills. The business model is complex (nearly 30 "subsidiaries") so you will be challenged (at least in the beginning). New management in 2012 (I left in 2011).

Cons

No annual increase, bonus, or opportunities. Lack of culture, appreciation, and morale. Senior management by far is the worst you can think of. You will cross pass and they will not acknowlege you. That is why my headline reads "HB Case Study" so students can learn what not to do!

Advice to Management

Try to listen to your employees, boost morale, and show appreciation. Hopefully, the new team will turn things around.