Peak 10 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Chris Downie

Pros
  • Great people to work with, lots of opportunity, unlimited PTO (in 7 reviews)

• Worked with good people who were willing to push and make you better (in 5 reviews)

Cons

1. "Gets better all the time!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Peak 10 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Peak 10 has the best culture I've ever heard of- much less ever experienced! They are selective in hiring and we all reap the benefits. Its an work life that actually feels like a community. I love meeting people from other markets and knowing they get the same great experience that we do at HQ. I've worked other places that boast a lot of great things and do not deliver. Peak 10 lives up to everything they claim to be and then some.

Cons

When I think of one I'll let you know!

Advice to Management

Keep putting your people first. Continue being forward thinking and open.

2. "Office Manager"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Peak 10 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture! The company has integrity from how it treats it's customers, partners and employees. They invest heavily in their employees and from my experience, they actually care about you and your family. The company has excellent leadership and lets every employee know what they are planning and why. They are committed to wellness of body and mind with unlimited PTO and a wellness subsidy for you to join a gym, quite smoking or dance classes. I love my job and the people I work with.

Cons

Lack of diversity is one of the only cons currently.

Advice to Management

Management is already putting in place diversity outreach programs. I am confident I will not have this 'con' for much longer. Tech companies are actively looking for more diversity in education, experience and culture. Peak 10 is one of them! Diversity is a strength they are actively looking to improve upon.

"Employment Review"

Current Employee - Service Delivery Engineer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Engineer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Peak 10 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Place to work, you will learn a lot and the culture is great.

Cons

Don't currently have a lot to say in this respect. There are some growing pains as we continue to move our process and systems into ITIL alignment, but that is to be expected.

"Good Company Limited Growth Oppurtunities"

Current Employee - Data Center Technician in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Data Center Technician in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Peak 10 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited PTO
    Family Environment
    Health benefits are immediate.

Cons

Promotion opportunities are limited
    Unlimited PTO usefulness depends on your department
    Small teams so you can become overworked

Advice to Management

Get better promotion opportunitie for employees outside of your Charlotte market

"Worked in Corporate"

Former Employee - Corporate in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Corporate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Peak 10 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Peak 10 is a company that invests in their employees. I was pretty amazed at the willingness to throw social events, complete with beer and wine, on a regular basis. This happens both onsite and off. Each market has their own culture, but the one in Charlotte was fun. The people were all engaging and enjoyable to be around.

Cons

Benefits were a bit expensive, but overall it balanced out with cell phone reimbursement, gym reimbursement, etc. The management of the company seems a little scatter-brained with flavor of the month. For a small company, it was very rigid in terms of how to communicate with senior management. Need to review and re-review powerpoints and communication and documentation was aggravating. Thinking in corporate - HR, marketing, etc is stuck in 10 years ago. Emails came all day 24 hours a day. Management had a habit of working at home until 11 or 12 and would email until later, which made it difficult for a work life balance without looking disengaged. Really it just came down to me not being a fit for my direct manager, work styles just did not mesh - but she was a sweet person!

Advice to Management

Stick with something for awhile, free your employees up to do their jobs and feel good about it

"Venture capital is in control, company management simply reacts"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Peak 10 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, good customers, pride in good service. Good work/life balance.

Cons

Program-of-the-month mentality, competition is much better at marketing and selling, sales leadership invokes the right to adjust commissions downward on just about every deal. Sales turnover is at 100% in many locations over the last two years.

Advice to Management

I liked Mr. Jones as CEO, but he hasn't invested in the moves that would place Peak 10 as a market leader nor as a technology leader. New management may fix that, but it will be a long time to turn it around. Marketing is a limiting factor, and sales management does virtually zero to aid new business development -- they are preoccupied with making sure the existing customers don't move out.

"Business Development Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Peak 10 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Peak 10 offers many opportunities to learn and stay ahead of the technology curve. Great experience builder for future career opportunities.

Cons

The culture varies from market to market and longevity in business development is very limited. Management WILL blue bird a big deal all depending on the margin of the overall opportunity. The more money you make the less likely you will be working there the following year. Prepare to work hard and make as much money as quickly as you can, then move on. Training is slim to none & don't expect local leadership to assist you in ramping up due to the lack of knowledge.

Advice to Management

Be more engaged in your team's efforts and stop hiding behind emails.

Peak 10 Response

Feb 2, 2017 – VP, HR

Thanks for the feedback on your experience at Peak 10. We're committed to having more structure around our sales roles; especially when it comes to the onboarding of new talent and the continuing ... More

"Great place to start - but promotions come via buddy system, not quality work"

Former Employee - Incident Response Analyst I in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Incident Response Analyst I in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Peak 10 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to start if you are new getting into the IT field. Lots of varied technologies are used which opens up a door to plenty of knowledge.
    Unlimited PTO is a great change.

Cons

The only way you will move up is if you are pals with management. Those who are more than qualified to be promoted often get looked over for those who work harder at being pals with management. This leads to less quality moving up, while those staying stagnant have their morale killed.
    Not much of a training program, which puts lots of pressure on new hires. If you cant get up to speed very quickly, you are going to suffer. On the job training is great, but the expectations are way too high, especially for those who do not pick up information quickly.
    That being said, there is a ton of technology that is used, so you have a LOT to learn.
    Some of the mid level management does not know how to actually manage people. (Some are incredible) Their idea of motivating employees is to yell and demean their subordinates - most times in front of their peers. Not only is this embarrassing but it is not effective.
    Lots of promises for training, yet no follow-through. If you cannot learn it on the job yourself, or from your peers, you are out of luck.
    Working on the tech support side, the team is often forgotten when it comes to company related functions. Friday get-togethers in the break room are no fun when you aren't allowed to get up from your desk to attend.
    Don't let the "amenities" like a ping pong table and tv in the break room fool you, on the support side of the house you will not be able to use them.
    Pay is sub par - you can easily find more lucrative opportunities elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Find better mid level management on the tech support side, and find ways to incorporate the support team so they can actually be a part of the company - since they are the ones who work 24/7 to keep your company running.

"So much has changed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Peak 10 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

15 year history of being a great Charlotte-based company. Good people in general at Peak 10. Great product offerings.

Cons

New P/E owner won't allow the business to continue to operate in the ways that made it successful over the past 15 years. Too much change is occurring and people...good people...are leaving by the truck-load.

Advice to Management

Stay true to your roots. Some say what got you here won't take you there...but sometimes, what got your here was really, really good.

10. "Good place to start out"

Former Employee - Data Center Support Technician in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Data Center Support Technician in Durham, NC

I worked at Peak 10 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a colocation data center you will work many different customers who have an array of technologies. Due to small number of employees you will also help with many tasks outside of your normal role giving you a lot of experience with everything that happens in a data center. Second shift with 4 10 hour days is fantastic.

Cons

Due to small number of employees you will help with many tasks outside of your normal role regardless of whether or not you should be doing it.

Peak 10 Response

Sep 14, 2016 – VP, HR

thanks for your insight on working at Peak 10! Since we work to support our customers 24/7 and support our other team members, we do go outside the scope of our job descriptions to "get the job ... More