Peak Acquisitions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

1.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Great company for advancement"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Peak Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was looking for a full time position and found this company. I have always wanted a position where I know I will not have to work the same position my entire career. Knowing that if I work hard, I can advance. That is one of my goals. I love the business and the people I work with. The work trips I have made were fun and I learned so much. I also did not have to worry about being told "no" when I needed time off to go visit my grandmother. Family is always up front if needed. I have made good friends here and can't wait to have my career move up!

Cons

If you are really wanting to go farther in a company, you need to work hard. 45 hours a week and team meetings after work, is needed. You would want to work that and keep wanting to learn more for it to benefit you.

"Terrible"

Former Employee - Salesman in Concord, NC

Pros

Thought for a while, but I really cant find anything

Cons

The worst place I have ever worked for. I used to be a secret shopper, and I would give this place the worst rating I could. The people are fake. Its kind of funny, its likes they are trying to play house or something. And just like when you play house, you don't get paid. After I was fired the manager told me that the only way for me to get my money was for me to take a bad review off of an online website. After that conversation he would never return my phone calls or emails. This is not a place you want to get involved with, trust me. I have heard the other offices are OK but believe me. They are running a corrupt business up their in concord NC. The list can go on and on, just don't make the same mistake I or many others have. Go to a LEGITIMATE corporation.

Advice to Management

You belong at the bottom of the chain at a McDonald's. You are a terrible human being that should never be in charge of anyone.

"You're Time and You're Dime"

Former Employee - Sales Representative/Acct Manager in Concord, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative/Acct Manager in Concord, NC

I worked at Peak Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loud Music in the morning meetings. Complimentary Energy Drinks on Black Friday to prepare for 18 hour shift. Free ride to you're retail store when you don't have gas money or you're car is broke down from all the driving.

Cons

This is a multi-level marketing company under the guise of a corporate structered opportunity business. The company spun lies and manipulated me to go "all in" for an opportunity to run my own business in 6-9 months. I highly recommend researching them to get an accurate depiction of how they treat employees and former managers. You will be selling inside of retail stores. You will work a reasonable shift of 8 hours in the retail store. However once you add the morning meetings at the office, drive time, and coming back to the office at night for "wrap-ups", taking others to their stores you are staring at 6 days a week and 70 hours. You only get paid for 40!! You're paycheck will consistently be less than what's owed to you, promises of bonuses never will be paid and if you leave or get fired good luck in getting paid!! The promoted payoff for surviving this culture is a shot at running you're own business. The reality is that less than 1% of hires make it to mgmt. and of those less than 10% stay in business. With that math you are better off playing the lottery!! This "opportunity" business will deplete you, you're family and friends as well as seriously devastate you financially!! The company will attempt to point towards those who fail at this as ones who don't have what it takes to be successful! Do not believe the hype! There are "some" leaders within the company that do the right things and truly invest resources in their team and develop future business partners. Leaders at this location are not in that class. Don't fall for we are under new mgmt. routine either.The company misleads employees and operates deception in order to get them to sell because they get the lions share of profit on every install that you contribute. Also if a company is constantly saying and defending that they are not a scam then most likely they are!!

Advice to Management

Adopt some integrity! Stop promoting how much money you have or how much you spend on things. This does not motivate or inspire others. It is disgusting because you only have money from overrides on the employees installs and cheating them out of pay and bonuses they have earned. Also stop posting "canned" reviews by you or a coached admin/recruiter!

"Con Artists"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Concord, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Concord, NC

I worked at Peak Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Scam, Con Artists Taking advantage of the work force so hungry for a job, travel a lot, work long hours...with a paycheck that barely pays for your gas.

Cons

Future Employees Beware....do not be fooled by the hype...big let down when you get your check...talk big but never follow through with what is promised.

Advice to Management

Run An Honest Business, get out of town while you can.....

6. "Extremely Deceptive"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Peak Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Taught me to rely on my instincts, and not take everything at face value. Provided me with the motivation to apply to a million and one other jobs, so that I wouldn't have to waste another day being there.

Cons

You sell direct tv at best buy all day, for six days a week. You're being conned from the moment you sit down for your first interview, until the day you collect your last paycheck, (took 3 months to acquire my last pay check.). The pay scale/hours fluctuate (even though you will work consistently 70hrs a week), your sales will mysteriously back out around commission check time, you will never receive a single bonus that is promised, and you will constantly be bombarded with rhetoric. *Pro Tip* If a company has to continuously tell you they aren't a scam, they are. This business model thrives off gullibility, listen to your friends and family when you discus this "Opportunity", and get out of there before it wastes anymore of your time.

Advice to Management

Should probably shut it down and find a real job.

"Does not pay"

Former Employee - Sales in Concord, NC
    Former Employee - Sales in Concord, NC

I worked at Peak Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing. They are mostly GED or college dropout employees. Very good at avoiding calls and emails. You sell directv and have 4 days to bother people to sign a 2 year contract.

Cons

I have been waiting for over 10 weeks to receive a paycheck. I probably drove 350 miles in one week of working there (no compensation). Multiple days of going to a 1 hour meeting then sent home to study directv pamphlet. I really think the people that have left good reviews were instructed to do so by the owner.

Advice to Management

Pay people on time

8. "I love my job! Can't wait to get promoted!"

Current Employee - Sales Campaign Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Campaign Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Peak Acquisitions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Never do the same thing 2 days in a row.
    You make your own check.
    Your coworkers treat you like family while still keeping a competitive workplace.
    There is no seniority.
    Your not judged on your past, only your current performance.
    Awesome workplace, love the morning meetings!

Cons

The work week is long but then again everyone wants to be famous but no one wants to work for it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

"Life Lesson for first job after college"

I worked at Peak Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They teach you that it is not easy when the economy is bad

Cons

1. Driving Long Distances
    2. Lack of information
    3. Payroll(numerous complaints filed with Department of Labor)
    4. 7 day work week
    5. High turnover, no one has been successfully promoted
    6. No direct deposit or benefits or mileage reimbursement
    7. Liability risk when you are require to drive managers around in your personal car.
    8. Driving back to office after you work to have meeting on your sales pitch( practice with manager.

Advice to Management

restructure to encourage and be honest

"Scam!"

Former Employee - ENTRY in Concord, NC
    Former Employee - ENTRY in Concord, NC

I worked at Peak Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with the new people is fun while it last.

Cons

Everything else. Management is immoral and are liars. They do not give you time to understand the job and get your understanding of it before they fire you. They want you to sell a lot your first six days but you don't get to present to customers until your 4th day. When u get fried it will take you months to get your money they owe you. To get it you have to threaten them so they will answer you. All day you will be walking up to people trying to shop, you try to drag them back to the table and it is very awkward for you.

Advice to Management

Boycot company, you don't have honest business.

11. "Greg Harrison is a Con Artist"

Pros

No Pros he will steal all your money

Cons

Run away fast he will steal all your money! Don't work for Greg Harrison