Peak Acquisitions Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Sales Representative

1.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"You're Time and You're Dime"

Former Employee - Sales Representative/Acct Manager in Concord, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative/Acct Manager in Concord, NC

I worked at Peak Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loud Music in the morning meetings. Complimentary Energy Drinks on Black Friday to prepare for 18 hour shift. Free ride to you're retail store when you don't have gas money or you're car is broke down from all the driving.

Cons

This is a multi-level marketing company under the guise of a corporate structered opportunity business. The company spun lies and manipulated me to go "all in" for an opportunity to run my own business in 6-9 months. I highly recommend researching them to get an accurate depiction of how they treat employees and former managers. You will be selling inside of retail stores. You will work a reasonable shift of 8 hours in the retail store. However once you add the morning meetings at the office, drive time, and coming back to the office at night for "wrap-ups", taking others to their stores you are staring at 6 days a week and 70 hours. You only get paid for 40!! You're paycheck will consistently be less than what's owed to you, promises of bonuses never will be paid and if you leave or get fired good luck in getting paid!! The promoted payoff for surviving this culture is a shot at running you're own business. The reality is that less than 1% of hires make it to mgmt. and of those less than 10% stay in business. With that math you are better off playing the lottery!! This "opportunity" business will deplete you, you're family and friends as well as seriously devastate you financially!! The company will attempt to point towards those who fail at this as ones who don't have what it takes to be successful! Do not believe the hype! There are "some" leaders within the company that do the right things and truly invest resources in their team and develop future business partners. Leaders at this location are not in that class. Don't fall for we are under new mgmt. routine either.The company misleads employees and operates deception in order to get them to sell because they get the lions share of profit on every install that you contribute. Also if a company is constantly saying and defending that they are not a scam then most likely they are!!

Advice to Management

Adopt some integrity! Stop promoting how much money you have or how much you spend on things. This does not motivate or inspire others. It is disgusting because you only have money from overrides on the employees installs and cheating them out of pay and bonuses they have earned. Also stop posting "canned" reviews by you or a coached admin/recruiter!

"Con Artists"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Concord, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Concord, NC

I worked at Peak Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Scam, Con Artists Taking advantage of the work force so hungry for a job, travel a lot, work long hours...with a paycheck that barely pays for your gas.

Cons

Future Employees Beware....do not be fooled by the hype...big let down when you get your check...talk big but never follow through with what is promised.

Advice to Management

Run An Honest Business, get out of town while you can.....

3. "Extremely Deceptive"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Peak Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Taught me to rely on my instincts, and not take everything at face value. Provided me with the motivation to apply to a million and one other jobs, so that I wouldn't have to waste another day being there.

Cons

You sell direct tv at best buy all day, for six days a week. You're being conned from the moment you sit down for your first interview, until the day you collect your last paycheck, (took 3 months to acquire my last pay check.). The pay scale/hours fluctuate (even though you will work consistently 70hrs a week), your sales will mysteriously back out around commission check time, you will never receive a single bonus that is promised, and you will constantly be bombarded with rhetoric. *Pro Tip* If a company has to continuously tell you they aren't a scam, they are. This business model thrives off gullibility, listen to your friends and family when you discus this "Opportunity", and get out of there before it wastes anymore of your time.

Advice to Management

Should probably shut it down and find a real job.