Peak Campus Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Robert E. Clark

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great company with tight nit employee community" (in 11 reviews)

• "There are many pros for working at one of the best student housing companies in the nation" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "I feel cooperate should monitor each property manager a little more than basing success just by occupancy percentages" (in 13 reviews)

• "Any Student Housing Management is going to be hard" (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I love PEAK!"

Current Employee - Leasing Manager
    Current Employee - Leasing Manager

I have been working at Peak Campus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Peak Campus is a great company. I love the culture, the policies, the people, and all of our properties! It's always a challenge.

I love being able to move to different properties in different states in different positions. I've been with the company for almost 5 years and I love each and every day I'm here!

The hardest part of the job is being able to juggle all of the hats you wear each day. Some days you might be at a housing fair and others you might be troubleshooting on the property or conducting your monthly file audits or prepping for a resident event. The key is prioritizing and staying organized. Ask for help if you need it!

I have had many different managers which has taught me to work WITH people - not against or FOR. I never felt like I was working for one single person, but instead TOWARDS a goal!

Work here if you love challenges, a great company culture, and a home office that actually cares when you have a problem.

The real money is in the bonuses - so lease up and you'll be golden.

Cons

I would have to say that sometimes things come home with you. For me at least, I struggle holding that work-life balance.

Jun 1, 2018 – Director of Talent Management

Thank you for your review! I feel so honored to work alongside associates that have such authenticity and passion for what they do.

Thank you for your years of service and thank you for the... More

2. "It has been an amazing experience"

Pros

Being able to work with many people

Cons

There’s always a challenge around the corner

Advice to Management

Upper management has been rock solid with getting results

3. "Love it!"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Edmond, OK
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Edmond, OK

I have been working at Peak Campus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked in the student housing industry for over 7 years and have worked for Peak Campus for almost 2 years. The past 2 years have been extremely rewarding and I have experienced tremendous growth. Peak genuinely invest so much into it's people and gives not only the associates, but the residents the tools to be successful. I love the Peak mindsets and the fact that we put them into everything we do. We truly care about our people!

Cons

Can't think of any! Peak is truly an amazing company!

Nov 7, 2018 – Director of Talent Management

Wow, thank you for your review! We LOVE hearing this from our people- we work hard to be intentional about our people: employees and resident. Thank you for all that you do to make Peak great... More

4. "Resident Director"

I have been working at Peak Campus full-time

Pros

Great leadership and opportunity for growth within the company

Cons

The heath insurance isn’t the best

Nov 5, 2018 – Director of Talent Management

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for all that you do in your role. We look forward to seeing you continue to grow in your career at Peak.

Regarding our health... More

5. "Good company"

I worked at Peak Campus part-time

Pros

I worked for peak campus for around a year and was treated well. Particularly liked my boss who was a full time employee of Peak Campus. They care about what they do and value you as a person as well. Would work there again.

Cons

Working during the busiest time of the year was somewhat difficult (when leases end and new tenants move in), had to put in lots of overtime and long hours.

Oct 30, 2018 – Director of Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback! We would certainly like to see you return in the future. I am happy to hear you liked working for your boss. We work hard to hire people that care about people- people... More

6. "Great company with great people"

I have been working at Peak Campus full-time

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for growth
    Good commission structure

Cons

Little pay for managers
    A lot of online training

Oct 22, 2018 – Director of Talent Management

Hi Current Employee, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! It is important for our growth and improvement to receive your feedback. We are working on some really cool things to... More

7. "Member of the traveling sales team"

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Peak Campus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leaders that genuinely care about your professional development.
    Core Values that are legitimately a Peak Lifestyle
    Leaders are relatable and remain transparent

Cons

Since our company is continuously growing, things change often because we try new things, figure out what works and make decisions that are fact-based vs feeling based. That being said, for a person who is not sure that growing with the company is part of their future, constant changes may be overwhelming. Whereas, for a person who sees themselves advancing with Peak, the processes and changes are easier to embrace. (In my opinion)

Advice to Management

ontinue training leaders to train their replacements so we can all move up in our careers with smooth transition

Aug 31, 2018 – Director of Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback! We love that you have experienced the vision that we have for our people- an authentic and genuine care for our people. We also very much appreciate your honest... More

8. "A wonderful place to work!"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Peak Campus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at the corporate office for a few months now and it has been such a wonderful experience. Everyone is extremely kind, welcoming and I am provided with all kinds of new opportunities. It's encouraging to know that the majority of the team has worked for the company for many years.

Cons

Haven't come across any!

Aug 29, 2018 – Director of Talent Management

Thank you for your review! We're so happy to hear that you've had a great experience at Peak and we will continue to work hard to provide an ongoing awesome experience.

9. "Good College Job"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at Peak Campus part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Willing to work with busy college student schedule

Cons

Going on my second year they decided to change the way we were paid. They subtracted our pay from our rent cost.

Advice to Management

My managers at the time played favorites. Towards the end they took no responsibility when they were out of the office. This led to me dealing with an irate parent because her daughter had bed bugs. I had no authority to do anything to actually help the situation. The managers from when I worked there have since moved on though.

Aug 29, 2018 – Director of Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your almost two years of service. We hope your experience and the lessons you learned are part of what makes you successful in the future.

10. "Leasing Agent"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at Peak Campus part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great bonuses, flexible hours, great manager

Cons

Hourly wage isn't the best but great experience!

Aug 16, 2018 – Director of Talent Management

Thank you for leaving us review. I'm happy to hear you had a great experience with us. The leasing consultant role is very dynamic and provides our college students and new professionals the... More