Peak Campus Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Robert E. Clark

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great company with tight nit employee community (in 11 reviews)

• There are many pros for working at one of the best student housing companies in the nation (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • I feel cooperate should monitor each property manager a little more than basing success just by occupancy percentages (in 12 reviews)

• Any Student Housing Management is going to be hard (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Phenomenal place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Peak Campus full-time

Pros

I am a current employee at the corporate office at Peak Campus. My first two weeks here was such an amazing experience. The culture here is unlike any other company I've worked for, as they truly invest in you as a person and employee. "People Matter Most" is their motto and as soon as you walk in the office doors, they immediately welcome you and treat you like family. My team goes out of their way to help me onboard and ensure that I get the proper tools and training for my role. Also, all Senior leadership and directors know you by name and have an open door policy. When you're working with people who have been with Peak Campus for 5-10 years, it speaks volume about the company and how they treat their employees. I am so blessed to be a part of the Peak Campus family and look forward to what my future holds here.

Cons

There are no cons at the moment.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in your employees. You're doing such a phenomenal job managing and being intentional with your staff.

Mar 9, 2018 – Director of Talent Management

Thank you for your review! It's important for us to know that we're open and transparent about our organizations culture and demands of the job starting at the interview process. I am happy to hear... More

2. "Leasing Manager"

I have been working at Peak Campus full-time

Pros

Good benefits, great people, AWESOME TRAINING TEAM. Go Erica!

Cons

I honestly have none at all.

Advice to Management

N/a

3. "I love PEAK!"

Current Employee - Leasing Manager

I have been working at Peak Campus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Peak Campus is a great company. I love the culture, the policies, the people, and all of our properties! It's always a challenge.

I love being able to move to different properties in different states in different positions. I've been with the company for almost 5 years and I love each and every day I'm here!

The hardest part of the job is being able to juggle all of the hats you wear each day. Some days you might be at a housing fair and others you might be troubleshooting on the property or conducting your monthly file audits or prepping for a resident event. The key is prioritizing and staying organized. Ask for help if you need it!

I have had many different managers which has taught me to work WITH people - not against or FOR. I never felt like I was working for one single person, but instead TOWARDS a goal!

Work here if you love challenges, a great company culture, and a home office that actually cares when you have a problem.

The real money is in the bonuses - so lease up and you'll be golden.

Cons

I would have to say that sometimes things come home with you. For me at least, I struggle holding that work-life balance.

4. "Local Management Issues"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Lawrence, KS
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Lawrence, KS

I worked at Peak Campus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good opportunities for commission
    I was able to move up to a full-time position pretty quickly
    LC peers were great support for each other

Cons

High staff turnover due to management issues
    Spent a lot of time cleaning because our property manager wouldn't hire good cleaning crews during apartment turnover
    Unrealistic contests for bonuses - they were never actually achievable unless one person took all the leases that ever walked in the door
    Property and assistant manager would never speak to residents/customers about any issues unless the customer resorted to screaming in the lobby
    Property manager couldn't organize projects or plan the necessary workflow to accomplish a major undertaking
    Almost walked out on move-in day because we didn't have keys ready and the property manager put most of the pressure on us "because we didn't do enough work" when most people had been pulling 60-80hr weeks

Advice to Management

Be more careful who you hire as property/assistant/leasing managers - 3 out of the 4 managers I worked with had major attitude issues that created a hostile working environment, and have since left the company.

Apr 13, 2018 – Director of Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. Our goal is provide a positive employee experience for all of our associates. We will share your feedback with our local leadership operations team. If you would like... More

5. "Leasing Manager"

Former Employee - Leasing Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Leasing Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Peak Campus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a great GM named Jesse Snyder

Cons

Turn is very difficult due to investors

Mar 9, 2018 – Director of Talent Management

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to see you had a positive experience and a great manager. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

6. "Love This Company"

Current Employee - Leasing Manager

I have been working at Peak Campus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to grow and move-up within the company!

Cons

More training for LM position would be great

Advice to Management

Bring back a conference for Leasing Managers since they play a HUGE, sometimes unrecognized role in the company.

Mar 9, 2018 – Director of Talent Management

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you being a critical part of our organization. YES there is room for growth and advancement! While a few departments are currently working on various... More

7. "Leasing Manager"

Current Employee - Leasing Manager in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Leasing Manager in Newark, DE

I have been working at Peak Campus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People really do matter most. This concept alone is displayed daily. I feel like I am supported no matter how stressful days can be. There is always someone I can reach out to, to talk with and work the issue.

Cons

The cons of the current management structure is that the entire leasing staff works to reward the PM. I see the point however I feel there could be more emphasis on the success of the LM position to create the feeling of value for it.

Advice to Management

The Leasing Manager position should be a salary position. Being allowed to work after the 9-5 daily grind would help to not only accomplish tasks at hand but also with the on call and ability to support the Property Manager more.

Mar 1, 2018 – Director of Talent Management

Thank you for your review and feedback. We value your voice and love to hear from current associates. I am very happy to hear that People Matter Most is ingrained in your property culture.

I... More

8. "Wow"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Peak Campus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honestly there is not really a good thing I have to say.

Cons

I felt mislead about this job. I worked here for one week. During this time management would snap at me, roll their eyes at me, and refuse to answer questions. They actually held a meeting where a manager mocked me and told new hires to stop asking questions because management is too busy. I repeatedly asked for training on office equipment /software and no one would help me. During the interview, they said there would be slight cleaning duties. In reality, they do not want to hire a janitor so Leasing Consultants are responsible for cleaning twice a day. This constitutes about 20% of your job.
    I was incredibly disappointed in the job and quit my other job to take it. But I refuse to be insulted and yelled at by management for not knowing the answers to certain questions in my first week on the job.
    Peak claims to value "people first" but that was definitely not what I experienced.

Advice to Management

Train your employees . Stop talking down to them. Be helpful and kind.

Mar 27, 2018 – Director of Talent Management

I want to thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are committed to creating an environment for all associates that is transparent, collaborative, and exciting so I'm disappointed to... More

9. "Senior Leasing Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Leasing Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Leasing Manager

I have been working at Peak Campus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company with tight nit employee community.

Cons

Not much money involved for onsite employees.

Feb 5, 2018 – Director of Talent Management

Thank you for your review of Peak and for your years of service. It's important for us to hear from our associates. I'm happy to see you have developed relationships with other in our organization... More

10. "Assistant Manager"

I have been working at Peak Campus full-time

Pros

Opportunity to work where you live

Cons

Working where you live.

Advice to Management

Great growth opportunities.

Jan 18, 2018 – Director of Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback- we truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! Keep it up! Thank you for your contributions to your team and the Company.