Peak Concepts Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Experience gained is unparalleled!!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Hackettstown, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Hackettstown, NJ

I have been working at Peak Concepts full-time

Pros

I've been working at Peak Concepts for about 8 months now. When I first joined the team at Peak I didn't know what to expect coming from an Education background, I did not have any experience in Marketing. From the moment of my first day until now I have grow so much personally as well as professionally! I have been trained in so many different aspects of marketing, business development, and human resources. I love the team culture and the Director of Operations, Ryan is great to work with!!

Cons

The work has been challenging at times but with the one-on-one training and mentorship I was able to push myself further than I ever thought possible!

If you like comfort zones then this is not the place for you.

Feb 7, 2018 – Owner

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear about your success with our company! Our company culture is something we take pride in and truly strive to teach and train... More

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Denville, NJ
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Denville, NJ

I have been working at Peak Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture is very TEAM orrientated and a new age way of corporate business. Forward thinking!

Cons

Have to work Saturdays.

Advice to Management

Really enjoy the culture at PEAK. Nothing like any of the other corporate jobs I have worked at.

"Marketing Administrative Assistant"

I have been working at Peak Concepts part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Peak Concepts has been a great experience for me so far. I have only worked here for a little over three months, and I've enjoyed every minute of it! I learn something new everyday and enjoy being in an environment where everyone truly cares about you. I love the team culture and there is never a day I don't look forward to coming into work. Everyone is so welcoming, and I look forward to gaining knowledge in all aspects of business, as well as growing myself personally and professionally.

Cons

I haven't had a bad experience!

"Positive, upbeat, motivational!"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Denville, NJ
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Denville, NJ

I have been working at Peak Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working with Peak for a few weeks now and have really enjoyed being apart of this culture! I actually enjoy coming into work everyday and feel I can really grow in this company. Looking forward to all the opportunities that are to come!

Cons

None so far, it’s been a great experience!

"Campaign Manager"

I worked at Peak Concepts full-time

Pros

One pro that I would say working for Peak Concepts is the environment you are always in. No matter what day it was when I would show up to work everyone was working together in collaborative groups, pushing one another to be better then the day before, and there was positive vibes all throughout the office every single day. All though it was good vibes in the office all the time, the office was still yet intense because of the goals they have as an office to accomplish. Another awesome pro about Peak is they are a big goal orientated office and love to accomplish goals together. They are very good at holding each other accountable and making sure they help others obtain goals as well. Lastly, I would just say the overall culture of the business is the biggest pro for Peak Concepts. When I was there they had team nights and did amazing charity events like adopting a family for Christmas, which I was apart . Taking part in an even as such made me feel apart of something special. So those are all of my overall pros for Peak Concepts but definitely is much more as experience for one self to witness.

Cons

Only con I would say is if you can’t keep up with a face paced organization and actually grow and develop yourself, then you will not fully ever understand their business model!

Advice to Management

My advice to management is keep doing a great job with everything!

Mar 1, 2018 – Owner

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We are so pleased that our company had such a great impact on your professional goals! Thank you for all your contributions with Team Peak!!

-HR Team

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Denville, NJ
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Denville, NJ

I worked at Peak Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with this company for over a year and I don't know why people have anything bad to say about them. This company has contributed to my personal and professional growth! Great management, Administration and Team Atmosphere! Where else can you go where the company you work for, actually cares about your success and development! Really a great experience

Cons

This business is not for everyone. This demands hard work, if you want a successful career. If you're here for a paycheck, you will not do well, but if you want to advance and you put the work in, the possibilities ARE really endless here

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! It was a pleasure to work with such a great team of people!

I have been working at Peak Concepts full-time

Pros

Cool office and some friendly team members

Cons

1. Looks could be deceiving - everyone in their looks sharp (But imagine driving to their main office in Danville, NJ everyday first before you are told to go to assigned store/business,) that means you would be wasting your Gas, your car's mileage, to drive to office only to be told to go somewhere else.
    2. Promises are made to be broken- You will not work more then 40 hours (M-F 11-7PM, and Saturday 9-3pm) and if you want to achieve the goals set by them so you could be an "asset" you would have to work extra so you could make up those hours.
    3. there is always darker side of business - Those company sponsored trips aren't given to everyone as they tell you on their job postings, on their websites etc.
    4. Don't fall for what you see, do your research - What does Marketing Manager, Sales Manager, Human Resources, Office Admin have to do to get promoted, (work 6 months in the role of sales associate and if they see you are achieving your goals you will get to move to next level and not to the position you applied for). So in reality those Junior Marketing, Sales Marketing, marketing Manager, Sales Manager, Admin, Human Resources job openings doesn't exist.
    5. They would reply to every Review, and strangely their reviews are 5 Stars!.
    6. Such a small company and has been around for not too long gets a 4.1 rating, Strange right!. (because we are told to write 5 star ratings, and most of the reviews are almost same, praising them about the concepts and management)
    7. I am sure my Review will get a response (we don't promise anything, we say everything at the meeting and interview, we don't have our employees sell anything, even our CEO and office managers have gone through cold selling at the stores).
    8. Although you would make $100 per signup/client you convince at your assigned site (home depot, Comcast, etc) but there is no base salary, because they would tell you which one looks bigger getting 10 clients in a week to make $1000 or getting $500 a week.
    9. Your child is sick - you don't get days off because you are not an asset but a liability so there is no set off days or vacation days for you.
    10. Worked with them for good amount of time, so my review is not biased or one sided as they would claim.

Advice to Management

Be honest, be straightforward you will get employees/team that is engaged and would work for you (honestly) and write you a review that you don't need to write yourself.

Mar 12, 2018 – Owner

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your compliment on our office and team being friendly! However, there are a few things I would like to address for... More

"Marketing Associate"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Denville, NJ
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Denville, NJ

I have been working at Peak Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A place where they give you space and time to grow, unlike others. Fantastic place to start a corporate future.If the business is your aim this is the place to start.

Cons

Fast-paced, only for hard workers, serious people can only flourish here

Advice to Management

Brilliant team building keep going

Feb 7, 2018 – Owner

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Thank you for taking the time to review our company! We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our fast-paced company culture, we are excited to see your continued growth within... More

"marketing coordinator"

I worked at Peak Concepts full-time

Pros

The great thing about working for this company is that this is a great job to gain experience in regards to marketing, sales, and customer service. You aren't selling anything but you are marketing. It is a good job to get out there out of your comfort zone. There is also opportunity within the company to work your way up and gain more experience. You can work your way up and possibly open and run your own office. Owning your own office would mean working with large Fortune 500 companies. So there is definitely opportunity here. Some may see this as a pro or con but you are paid via commission. They have standards however. You are paid hourly but it is NOT hourly plus commission. You either make the hourly as a minimum pay or commission if you exceed the hourly for the week. So it depends on your performance on how much you will make. And over time you will gain more responsibilities and can work your way up. So there is potential and opportunity in this job.

Cons

If your performance isn't up to par with what management wants, they will suspend you from work for a whole week and you are unpaid during this time. The work hours are 10:45AM-7:00PM (Monday-Friday). And 9:00AM-3:00PM (Saturday). So you work 6 days a week. During holiday seasons, they will make you work a Sunday to compensate for a day off so you could potentially work 13 days straight. Its happened. Again, this is only really during holidays. When you apply to any position listed, you are starting at an entry level position which is face to face marketing. The names of the position listed may be different but they are all the same exact job. The only exception is HR department. The face to face marketing is you walking around a store and aiming to generate leads by talking to customers to sign up for promotions. You have to use your own vehicle and own gas money to drive to different stores each day as well as the office. If you have ever seen people walking around stores with tablets in a polo this is that. This isn't the most exciting job but it is a good place if you're entry level. And honestly, everyone needs to start somewhere. So that aspect should be seen as a pro. Other cons are coworkers above you calling you late at night after work to talk about work. Or having you come in early once in a while when you aren't getting paid for those events. I've been called at inappropriate times such as past 9PM and also Saturday nights to talk about work over the phone..... And thats happened multiple times. They've held conference calls outside work hours long before the work day begins here. You aren't paid for that. They exaggerate how much you will make during the interview. They say an amount thats possible to make a week but that number wont be consistent every week. And it is a difficult number to hit. It comes down to your performance in the stores, and how you are in the office. This is not an office job where you get a desk. There are no desks. They just have you practice daily and motivate you in impact meetings, then you go to stores. All in all there are pros and cons to this job and potential and opportunity.

Mar 4, 2018 – Owner

Thank you for taking the time to write such an elaborate and detailed review of your experience working with our company.

We'd like to address some of the false statements you made in your review... More

"Incredible experience"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Peak Concepts full-time

Pros

The culture is great. Team nights and friendly staff.
    Fast advancement and not seniority based. The harder you work the faster you go up.

Cons

The way to move up is commitment so you have to want it.