Peak Health Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Peak Health Solutions CEO John Morris
John Morris

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The most important positive thing about working for Peak is that they really show their appreciation to their employees (in 31 reviews)

• This is a great company to work for (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • I have no cons crossing my mind at this moment (in 16 reviews)

• I have nothing negative to say about Peak (in 6 reviews)

1. "Best contracting company!"

I have been working at Peak Health Solutions full-time

Pros

The benefits are amazing!

Cons

There are some cons to being a contractor but if you are going to do contract work, this is the company you want to work for.

Jul 31, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you!

"Unreliable and unorganized"

Current Employee - Remote Administrative in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Remote Administrative in Remote, OR

I have been working at Peak Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

working remotely, they have a nice new website

Cons

not enough work for everyone, they hire more than they need. Communication is very poor and on a few occasions down right unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people- you request a lot from them be kindness and communication often

Jul 31, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that sometimes employees need to further escalate issues until resolved satisfactorily and that’s why we consistently encourage all employees to reach outer... More

"Lead coding auditor"

I worked at Peak Health Solutions full-time

Pros

Absolutely none. Not since AMN TOOK OVER.

Cons

I was there for 5 years and never an issue with work performance. Then along comes new management who decide to put me on a PIP. No verbal warning nothing, no complaints from anyone. Best part no job description but felt the need to put me on a PIP.

Advice to Management

Go back to the day when you had respect for your employees. Back to the days when management was professional. At this rate Peak will be just a memory very soon. AMN came in and now I would not recommend to anyone. As a matter of fact stay as far away as you can. Gone are the days when I would recommend Peak. Also they still have John Morris listed as the CEO and he isn't even there anymore.

"Company is okay."

Former Employee - Member Outreach Agent in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA
    Former Employee - Member Outreach Agent in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I worked at Peak Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was okay, benefits were alright.

Cons

Opportunity for growth was rare, management could use some work.

Jul 31, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We have many cross-training opportunities available for our employees to take advantage of in order to grow within the company. These are a great avenue for employees to... More

"BRING BACK BENCH PAY!!!!!"

Current Employee - Coder
    Current Employee - Coder

I have been working at Peak Health Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

what can i say?

Cons

affiliating with AMN is the worst decision ever!!!! They ask for every employee review in glassdoor and gave $50 amazon gift card. What company does that?
     Didn't have an employee performance appraisal since last year, therefore no raise in salary. The worst is, they removed bench pay and made me financially unstable.

Advice to Management

PEAK was doing well on its own before, why did you allow AMN to takeover? You guys are so proud of how well the company is doing. Even show us the figures every Summit Up of "how much money" the employees brought in the company. and yet you didn't have the generosity to atleast pay bench. Is it our fault that we didn't have work. Our only fault right now as of the moment is we are working at Peak.

Jul 31, 2017 – Director of Marketing

"Consistent work yet some disappointing letdowns"

Current Employee - Remote Medical Coder
    Current Employee - Remote Medical Coder

I have been working at Peak Health Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is consistent work and I've not had any problems getting charts. Finally having coding meetings and updating coding guidelines.

Cons

Rare positive feedback on 100% audits which are done weekly, but strong negative feedback if numbers aren't met. No 401k match, confirmed by Prudential when I called last month, which was a reason I chose to sign on. No charts or system downtime= no pay for gov't coders. And after doing a salary check on Glassdoor for pay for coders with over ten years of experience, I'm clearly not paid what I'm worth.

Advice to Management

You've encouraged us all to use this site, and it's helpful to see other salaries, but also incredibly depressing. We understand a merge took place. But with what you make per chart through your contract and what actually makes it down to us who actually do the work, you should reconsider per chart costs. There's no way I should be making what I made as a coder ten years ago. We are valuable, especially with government experience. You're not paying to train us on equipment or government coding, overhead costs, any internet reimbursement or travel for us. Aren't we worth more to you?

7. "Medical"

I have been working at Peak Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I so enjoy working for Peak! Not only does the company offer the most comprehensive and customizable solutions in the marketplace, their national footprint includes multi-facility hospital systems, large IDN's, teaching and community hospitals and large physician practices. Leadership works diligently on providing ongoing and up-to-date communication about industry trends, thought leadership and company happenings to all remote employees to keep everyone in the loop and operating on the same page.

Cons

I don't have any concerns to list.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Thank you for always being accessible to all employees and leading with honor and integrity.

Jul 31, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you!

"Turned into a nitemare"

Former Employee - Medical in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Medical in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Peak Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not working in an office. Some co-workers have been very nice. Set your hours.

Cons

They have no work. No communication at all. They have no concern for employees. They lie about everything. They constantly promise work and don't deliver.
    I have been financially destroyed working for them.

Advice to Management

Why bother. They don't care to change. They are heartless and they get away with it.

May 17, 2017 – Director of Marketing

9. "Clinical Operations"

Current Employee - Clinical Operations Associate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Clinical Operations Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Peak Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working for 1 and 1/2 years. I noticed that here you can get the opportunity to develop your carrier.
    I have a secure and friendly work environment.
    I'm working hard toward my master in Project Management.
    I will like to growth with in the company for years to come.
    I feel good to be part of this company.

Cons

I have no cons crossing my mind at this moment.

Advice to Management

I will suggest to piers adopt a candidate to work on each project to challenge the new blood to meet the company expectations.

Jul 31, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for your feedback; we appreciate you!

10. "Great Company"

I have been working at Peak Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company to work for.

Cons

Small staff not a lot of company culture or group activities

Jul 31, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you and are working to create more fun activities for our employees.