Peak Incorporated Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Eric Norregaard

Pros
  • Fun work atmosphere filled with great people (in 5 reviews)

• Peak incorporated taught me what it is really like to work in a full time position (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • That's how they recruit because no one wants to do door to door sales (in 16 reviews)

• You get what you get with a door to door sales job (in 10 reviews)

1. "Your development is up to you"

Pros

Team leaders are really supportive. Everyone's incentive is to help each other out so there is no other office that has more of a team culture. It's a good atmosphere for someone who is starting out their professional career. HIGHLY recommended for interns and recent graduates because there is a lot of development that happens here with reasonable upward movement.

Cons

It's door to door, face to face sales which is not easy. You absolutely have to work hard everyday. There are no days off.

Advice to Management

Get in the field with your guys more often.

2. "Total Scam"

I worked at Peak Incorporated full-time

Pros

Well, it is an experience.

Cons

Sleezy money-grubbing company. Epitome of salespeople who lie through their teeth to get what they want.

Advice to Management

Stop calling people in who never applied for a job here. And stop disguising this for what it is. Sales. You're misleading good people and I know I'm not the first.

"account manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Peak Incorporated (More than 3 years)

Pros

Daily professional growth. A CEO that genuinely cares about the success and happiness of his employees. Merit based pay and advancement...no longer being held back by seniority or age. if you're hardworking and love a positive challenging environment there's no better place to be.

Cons

Just baffling how anyone could write a bad review....although it is human to look for err everywhere but in ones own self.

"great place, even better people!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wheat Ridge, CO

I worked at Peak Incorporated full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked here for about two years. Personal circumstances led to me having to leave the company, but I would have been more than happy to stay and work my way through the program. The work atmosphere is so fun and engaging. It's impossible not to be motivated when you are surrounded by such like-minded, goal-oriented people. I know I have made some life-long friends here.

Cons

The hours are long. I had to leave the company when my daughter was born, because I just could not put in that many hours with a baby at home.

Advice to Management

I really enjoyed working with you all. I know it may not be possible in this line of work, but more flexibility with the hours would be great for people with children or other responsibilities

"Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wheat Ridge, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wheat Ridge, CO

I have been working at Peak Incorporated full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have to admit, I wasn't fully prepared for the amount of work , discipline and dedication that this job requires. I decided to stick it out and am so glad that I did. The team is more like family. We all support and encourage each other and have tons of fun within and outside the office. Some of the people I have met here have become my best friends.

Cons

As I said, I wasn't entirely prepared for this position. I thought I was a hard worker before, but boy was I wrong. This job is not for the weak!

Advice to Management

I am so glad that I pushed myself to stay here and become a better career-woman and a better person as a whole. I could not have done it without the consistent support and advice from you. The rewards don't hurt either! ;o)

"Amazing place, Amazing people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wheat Ridge, CO

I worked at Peak Incorporated full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at Peak-Incorporated for a little over a year. I can remember my first week and how much I was motivated by those around me. If you want to succeed, take in all that you can. Embrace the attitude of the company and work hard. You WILL be rewarded. I recently relocated, so I had to leave the company, but I will always have what I've learned and will be able to implement those skills wherever my career takes me.

Cons

It can be alot of driving. The program is pretty intense and definitely designed to accommodate the more motivated professionals.

Advice to Management

You guys are great. I seriously have learned so much from all of you and I will sincerely miss you guys.

"Smoke and mirrors"

Pros

Some genuinely cool people. Good pay potential.

Cons

Everyone who joins this company believes they will eventually get a management position and make lots of money. That's how they recruit because no one wants to do door to door sales. Like mentioned before, there is extremely high turnover which is a red flag and also, all the team leaders are robots who all believe that what they are doing is actually beneficial to themselves. Very long hours with little pay.

Advice to Management

Everyone knows door to door sucks, no need to try and hype it up by saying just keep working hard and you will get into management, that's just insulting. You did a good job of brainwashing people though, but good thing I could see through all the smoke.

"Opportunity for Growth, Just Not for Me"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Wheat Ridge, CO
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Wheat Ridge, CO

I worked at Peak Incorporated full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is very positive. The people you work with are very supportive and want you to succeed. The ongoing training/classes and the information being taught is valuable for advancing yourself in your career if you can apply what you learn. There are superstar employees that truly believe in the mission and definitely go out of their way to be great leaders for other employees. The expectations of the job, for the most part, are presented during your interview process and the first week on the job through your team leads.

Cons

This job is extremely demanding. You have to be comfortable with working long hours for little pay at first. There are people at this company that have done wonderful for themselves, so that is proof that it is achievable. If you are not in a position to be in it for the long haul before making enough money to live off of, you will most likely feel frustrated. My personal circumstances financially did not compliment this job's business plan. Also, the constant feedback from different sources was not helpful. Make it known to your leader and request that constructive criticism/feedback only come from the President and your team leads, so you can advance that much quicker in your job role. The number one frustration for me going door to door was trying to sell to customers that have been approached several times already...if I were in their shoes I would feel the same way. The product is technology which is already a positive, however I don't believe in recycling and exhausting the same leads several times over....that comes across too "salesy" and does not convey the company's belief that we are offering/giving value to the customer.

Advice to Management

100% transparency is necessary to decrease turnover, related turnover costs and increase employee retention. Be upfront and crystal clear about what factors effect/determine pay. If the result is less people taking the job, that's a great indicator something needs to change...and it still reduces turnover cost.

"In my opinion, a dishonest company."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wheat Ridge, CO

I worked at Peak Incorporated full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned how to pitch a customer at their door for CenturyLknk phone, Inernet, and TV sales. I actually even made a few sales believe it or not.

Cons

Shame on me for being naive, but when I went to this interview I fell hook line and sinker for a nice lady at the receptionist desk, an office with games and young people, and the promise of a management position within a years time of working for the company. I was also told I'd have a great salary. Somewhere in the whirlwind of a 3 part interview I missed the explanation of me having to sell phone, TV, and Internet to strangers by knocking on their doors. Now maybe, like the manager suggested I just wasnt paying attention and heard what I wanted to hear... Maybe. But I think if someone mentioned door to door sales and 100% commission I'd sit up and listen.

Advice to Management

Consider offering benefits, paid time off, health vision and dental insurance and a 401k. That may make knocking on doors in freezing whether a little bit more worth it.

"Awesome Growth, Opportunity, and Pay Potential"

Current Employee - Leader Developer and Trainer in Wheat Ridge, CO
    Current Employee - Leader Developer and Trainer in Wheat Ridge, CO

I have been working at Peak Incorporated full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work with so many motivated, hard working, and fun young professionals. This is a fast paced, high energy, joyful environment, with a focus on growth and mentorship. The skills I'm developing will help me become a stronger, more confident leader and manager. Not only have some of these skills helped me professionally, but also they've helped me personally. Everything we learn translates in some way to developing strong and happy people. I see growth every day. How often can you say that in a job? Eric is an incredible leader. He truly wants all of his employees to succeed and works hard every day on our behalf. He is incredibly good at what he does and his teaching is equally awesome. I'm so happy to have found this opportunity!

Cons

If you are not willing to work hard or if you don't have a good attitude, this is not the job for you!

Advice to Management

Eric, keep doing what you're doing! You are awesome! It's an honor to work with you. Thanks for all you do.
    -Mikayla

Peak Incorporated Response

Nov 18, 2015 – President

Thank you for writing this review. It is so rewarding getting to work with great people like you every day. Keep up the great work! I always look forward to our weekly coaching sessions! Eric