Peak Resorts Reviews | Glassdoor

Peak Resorts Reviews

Updated Jan 24, 2018

3.1
Peak Resorts CEO Timothy D. (Tim) Boyd (no image)
Timothy D. (Tim) Boyd
  1. "A wonderful place to work."

Cashier in Blakeslee, PA

I worked at Peak Resorts

Pros

I worked at Jack Frost, which is a separate mountain from Big Boulder, but owned by the same parent company. I loved working with all of my coworkers, and we all loved working there because management was very good. There are a lot of younger people working there who don't really appreciate the job, but most everyone across the mountain in all departments is very satisfied. They rehire most of their seasonal... employees every year with VERY low turnover, and that's saying a lot for the area. And I really enjoyed the fact that it was a day job and ONLY a day job. The mountain closed at 4pm every day, so it made planning easy. The pay was fair, I only worked for minimum wage but I was also just a cashier and it's fair for the area. My manager in particular was VERY responsive to employee needs, and this included everything from time off to scheduling to lunch breaks to pretty much anything else, even down to what specific spot you worked (i.e. main registers, tubing, ski school). Perhaps the most important thing that I LOVED about JFBB is that they will support the employee when customers start having major problems. A lot of people will try to weasel money out of the resort, and as an employee it frustrates me to no end when people try to cheat the system and, when I let them know that I can't allow it because of the rules in place, they start screaming obscenities at me. Jack Frost, while very receptive to their customers, won't let them get away with murder. It made me proud to work for them instead of feeling like the rules we set in place meant nothing when I tried to enforce them.

Cons

The transactions are rather large, and often in cash, so it's hard to keep track of everything sometimes. You have to work when it's cold, so it's not a job for someone that's not good at dealing with winter...... I think that's all I can really think of.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I mean, you guys obviously know how to run a tight ship with a happy employees, so make sure it stays that way!

Peak Resorts2011-12-01
  2. "anonymous"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston Heights, OH

I worked at Peak Resorts part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good communication with management. Understanding and flexible.. Fun work environment

Cons

Low pay. Bad hours. Often hire bad employees.

Advice to Management

Be more selective in hiring process.

Peak Resorts2018-01-25
  3. "Good company"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Bartlett, NH

I have been working at Peak Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free skiing, health benefits, food discounts

Cons

Long hours, hard work in harsh weather conditions

Peak Resorts2015-08-25
  4. "Horrible place to work"

I have been working at Peak Resorts full-time

Pros

It's nice to have a free winter seasons pass for yourself and your family. You also get summer passes to other locations in your area which we found to be a good bonus. Health insurance isn't great but they do provide it.

Cons

Management does not know how to manage. They feel as though the resort is their playground, often can find them at the bar while being waited on by their staff sometimes during work hours. Not all are physically active and don't promote exercise. Do not support their employees or encourage team work.

Advice to Management

More management training is necessary and I would recommend doing personality tests to be sure that they have good leadership skills if they are representing you. The heads of the resorts do not take their job seriously and do not encourage cross training or learning.

Peak Resorts2015-07-10