Peapod Reviews | Glassdoor

Peapod Reviews

Updated July 11, 2017

Jennifer Carr-Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits for full time workers (in 8 reviews)

• Great environment, great people, and great values (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Overtime is mandatory and you won't know if you'll have to stay until 30-40 mins before your shift is over (in 7 reviews)

• Long hours, you may not always have a route, vindictive supervisors (in 8 reviews)

1. "Delivery Driver"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Lake Zurich, IL
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Lake Zurich, IL

I worked at Peapod full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay, great benefits, pretty good co-workers.

Cons

Long hours, you may not always have a route, vindictive supervisors. They will run you into the ground and then discard you.

2. "Warehouse Lead"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

I worked at Peapod full-time

Pros

Decent environment. Great place to start if you're looking to get your feet wet in the warehouse industry.

Cons

Pay is well below the medium for the warehouse industry. But as I said in the pros, if you're new to the warehouse industry and are looking to give it a shot, this would be a decent starting place.
    Expected to work too long in a shift. Its mandatory overtime and that usually means 11-12 hours a shift pretty much every shift. Get burnt out real quick.
    There are a few good leaders there but most of them have been working there too long and don't want to change or try new things which is hurting them.

Advice to Management

Understand that business is changing and adapt instead of shooting down every idea people have that are trying to help.

3. "It's good"

Former Employee - Picker in Hanover, NY
    Former Employee - Picker in Hanover, NY

I worked at Peapod full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good hours good pay good workout
    Good overtime
    Lose weight
    God continue come worker's

Cons

Hard tiring workout not appreciated
    Very hard
    Long hours
    Long days

Advice to Management

Stop rushing

"Easy job, but you can't support yourself with it"

Former Employee - Order Selector in Coopersburg, PA
    Former Employee - Order Selector in Coopersburg, PA

I worked at Peapod full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its an easy job in my mind, as long as you can count and you know your alphabet, some of the people are fun to work with

Cons

No room for advancement, and it doesn't really matter if you shop fast or not because there isn't any reward for being faster than others execpt that you get to go home earlier because all the orders have been picked

Advice to Management

Provide some incentive for higher productivity

5. "Driver"

Current Employee - Driver in Lake Zurich, IL
    Current Employee - Driver in Lake Zurich, IL

I have been working at Peapod full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The managers/co-workers I know and have worked for have put in a lot of time and hard work into the company. Respect is earned and a good attitude goes a long way even when it's hard. These are the values veterans and my trainers have taught me and I believe the process can work as long as the schedule is fair and the veterans are allowed sufficient rest - even if they don't think they need it. Yes you do! I'm humbled by this job every day. It's good, hard work and it never lets off in reminding you just how hard a couple days later. If you like "working out/ or outside" this job will make you wish you'd stayed in your homely little desk and hit the gym instead of the shifty racks in these rust buckets. And let me tell you, these so-called rust buckets kick our butts as much as we think we're kicking theirs! Don't let the odometer spooling around 250,000 fool you; they'll outlast the best of us at this rate.

Cons

I think we all go through this dreamy-phase of what we expect a job to be and what reality presents. I feel the interview and hiring process presented more of the company vision than the actual reality. We're shook awake from the beautiful dream of driving a gleaming white delivery truck to Aunt May's home on a pleasant spring-afternoon. She greets us with a smile, her children are laughing and playing. We graciously accept her lemonade and wave good-bye and utter the words we all dream of saying, "See you next week!" Into a one-way street with nowhere to park with some dude honking at you and the tallest dang curb standing between you and three flights of stairs. Shrug. It could be a con or it could be a pro - that's the beauty of it.

Advice to Management

Time Management: Give us more time with the customer and our individual stops. It's true we can do it, but it's not always safe and it'll lead to a trend of more and more accidents. We can't help but want to beat those numbers; that's the point of the system, but it's becoming detrimental to our collective safety at times and possibly leading to accidents, which probably cost a lot more money in the long run. Think of the employee as an investment, not a means to an end. Thank you.

6. "Supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Peapod full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Early start time, get off early

Cons

Feels like your a baby sitter than a supervisor.

Advice to Management

Change environment, and manager.

"Under Paid"

Former Employee - Inventory Control in Lake Zurich, IL
    Former Employee - Inventory Control in Lake Zurich, IL

Pros

Good direct management and the work keeps you busy throughout the day. Mostly busy work but makes the day go by faster.

Cons

Very much Under Paid and no room for advancement. Upper management does not seem to care about the smaller employees in the company. It is a good job but by no sense of the word is it a career.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees better. Look out for the smaller guy. These people are the ones that get you to where you are today.

"Clerk"

Current Employee - Clerk in Allston, MA
    Current Employee - Clerk in Allston, MA

I have been working at Peapod full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Union backing, Full time healthcare benefits, multiple locations, ability to get full time if you're a go getter

Cons

Work/life balance, high pressure, always rush-rush mentality, bosses not always helpful, co-workers can be very selfish

Advice to Management

Not to be so abrasive when employees seek time off, weekday or weekend, not to take anger/frustration you get from your bosses out on your full/part time associates

9. "Delivery Driver"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Peapod (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work outside of the facility 90% of the time, cash & credit card gratuities, flexible schedule

Cons

Communication problems with upper management, too much lack of team work, tough physical job working in all conditions

Advice to Management

more communication with drivers thru meetings, teach employees the importance of teamwork, educate customers better

"Warehouse"

Former Employee - Warehouse Picker in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Warehouse Picker in Columbia, MD

Pros

They work with you to accommodate your needs, as long as they're legitimate.

Cons

It's always on your feet. Very typical of warehouse work. If you have chemical allergies, not a good place to be.