Pearson Packaging Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Michael A. Senske

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Nice place to work"

I have been working at Pearson Packaging Systems full-time

Pros

Stable employment, CEO is transparent about the company's finances and future, the people that work there are generally easy-going. Pay is pretty good for the area. Good benefits. There are an incredible amount of employees that have worked there for 10, 20, or even 30 years. Business is growing and long-term outlook is extremely promising.

Cons

You will be expected to work overtime often, and work on Saturday if needed. This may or may not be a problem depending on the individual and whether you are salaried or hourly (depends on the position).

2. "Ok"

I have been working at Pearson Packaging Systems full-time

Pros

Oppertunities to move around within company

Cons

They find a lot of reasons to not promote or pay bonuses.

Advice to Management

Start taking as good of care of your employees as you do your customers.

Mar 23, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We recognize that we have a commitment not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. We are always looking for ways to ensure our... More

3. "General Labor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I worked at Pearson Packaging Systems part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helpful and considerate managers. They gave gloves, ear and eye protection. Very good team work. When the machines were being fixed there was always somewhere else to help out at.

Cons

They could maybe eliminate the gas diesel fork lift to an electric one. It really stinks up the warehouse.

Apr 24, 2018

We appreciate the feedback on our managers and your positive team experiences! We are happy that you found value in the company-provided protective wear, and that you also found ways to lend your... More

4. "Aggressively growing nimble forward thinking organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Pearson Packaging Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Top notch group of employees focused on growing the company while focusing on their efforts to satisfy customers

Cons

I cannot think of anything negative

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward on the current path

5. "Nimble and working on it."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Pearson Packaging Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pearson Packaging is working at being more nimble and responsive to customers to meet their ever changing needs. It offers great career opportunities in both Sales and Operations. Technical skills have several paths to follow whether its Engineering (Mechanical and Controls) or at the machine and systems support and service levels.

Cons

If you don't like change you'll have some difficulty adapting.

Advice to Management

Keep adapting and communicating the companies vision

Apr 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback--and your service to Pearson over the years! We're happy to hear that you value our efforts in customer interaction and advancement opportunities. With over a decade of... More

6. "Very positive experience at Pearson"

I worked at Pearson Packaging Systems full-time

Pros

Experienced people to work with, forward-thinking company, high rate of retention, family-oriented atmosphere, excellent benefits package, and the tools to do your job are kept up-to-date.

Cons

Occasional lack of communication or information when implementing new systems, bonuses not guaranteed every year, and occasionally expected to work above your pay grade.

7. "Regional Service Tech"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician

I worked at Pearson Packaging Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well since this is a 5 word minimum, I'll fill the quota. There is absolutely NOTHING good about this company.

Cons

Absolutely one of the worst companies I ever had the misfortune of working for! I'm not sure how they have managed to stay in business for supposedly 60 years. Should of been a red flag when I was sitting in the HR department and saw 2 file cabinets of equal size. One file cabinet was labelled "Terminated employee files" and the other was "Active employee files". There is core group of the "Royal family" that runs the show. Everyone else is just subservient help. If you cross or disagree with "The Family" you will find yourself a member of "Terminated employee file" group. They claim to have 200 employee's, but the majority of them are temps. Worst training I've ever had, if you want to call technical training, working in the assembly department with temps who have only been there 2 weeks.

8. "A Company that cares about employees!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I worked at Pearson Packaging Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a company that a person could actually retire from, if that is the type of culture you are seeking. Small town, family operated.

Cons

Not much opportunity to grow into new rolls.

Advice to Management

You guys are doing great! I can’t believe such a small company is keeping up with technology. Whatever you are doing, you are doing it right!

9. "Employee"

Current Employee - Employee
    Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at Pearson Packaging Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good people, fun work, relaxed environment.

Cons

A little to lean sometimes.

10. "Really care about their people"

I have been working at Pearson Packaging Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Technologically progressive. Very fair salaries and benefits. Continuous improvement is a way of life. Actually do care about their people. Financially sound and expanding in a tough economy.

Cons

Same management for a long time. Need some new innovative blood. Some current reporting structures are not scalable for future growth. Can be a bit too risk adverse in development projects

Advice to Management

Need to shake up management a bit.