Pedigree Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good Place To Start A Career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

I worked at Pedigree Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place is great for starting a career with lots of opportunity to learn about different technologies and the internet of things. There is plenty of opportunity to jump start a career and become an expert in a particular.

Cons

Low salaries and very little benefits. They do not generally give salary increases; I had to fight to receive a yearly review and they didn't give me much of an increase in pay.

Advice to Management

Continue fostering the environment you have with your employees. Note the individuals on the engineering team who are the nuts and bolts of your platform and reward them with competitive pay and benefits. This company has a lot of potential but it will not matter if turnover continues due to inadequate salaries.

2. "Poor Middle Management"

Pros

Company was once about the employees

Cons

Company is now about the investors and has created an "everyone for themselves" culture. Middle management is trying to save their own jobs.

Advice to Management

Review Middle Management and re-focus on the employees.

3. "Reality TV worthy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

I worked at Pedigree Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked here close to 5 years ans saw many different management changes. There is only 2 revives with 3 or more stars. I won't be surprised to find out that the owner crated an account in GD and wrote the only 4 star review. If not those 2 review are from people that just started. Owner actually made a big drama about an year ago about the negative reviews in GD. Most of the people here are right on point. this place sucks. Mid management/directors have there heads up there rears. Owner stepped down from CEO and brought in a new CEO. New CEO is a real piece of work. He has mastered the subtle art of projecting illusions. Some people here believe in what the new CEO say. He is a great public speaker! i guess some people are gullible. Employees are leaving this place left and right. New CEO was an attempt to "refresh the company and refocus on employees" . I guess that's not working out.
    Few people from the early days are still with the company, some of them put up with the BS because with the rate of people leaving they are able leverage by constantly threatening to leave.
    I really don't know why rest of the other guys from earlier days still with the company. Every time i went out with these guys few of them always say that they are so fed up and so close to call it. Every time i ask them "why not?" It's always answered with a long sigh... so i really don't know.
    For a company with less than 50 employees, every 6 months 10-15 people quite or were let go for the close to 5 yr span of y time.

Cons

I really want to say a positive thing but i can't think of any. I hope they figure out there stuff for the sake of the people who still works for this company.

My advise: Consider working here if the offer is at least 40% more than what you earn now.

Advice to Management

I am glad i am out of here but don't regret working here either. This place was the best mistake i made. I was able to witness lot of things that should not be done. By far the worst place i've worked so far in my career. I kid you knot there are 2 directors who are pretty smart but it's like watching dumb and dumber when you are in a meeting with them trying to convince them to do the right thing for the company and customers. They like to take the logical/engineering approach to business rules, so that's fun. I think some people let their ego get the best of them.

"Cool technology! Great opportunities for creativity!"

I have been working at Pedigree Technologies full-time

Pros

Pedigree Technologies deals with some of the coolest, leading edge technology when developing our innovative software. Engineers are encourage to be creative and no reasonable idea is ignored which gives engineers great freedom to design and build things the way they want using the technologies they like.

Cons

Benefits and entry salaries are sub-par and upper management doesn't seem to even realize it. Teams are somewhat under-staffed for some projects.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees by not cutting benefits. Continue to foster the freedom and creativity that is currently allowed and implement a formal mentoring program for new employees.

5. "Dev"

Current Employee - Software Developer I in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Software Developer I in Fargo, ND

I have been working at Pedigree Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They are flexible on hours.

Cons

Bad management and minimum pay.

Advice to Management

Pay employees more and treat them with respect.

6. "Run!!! Don't look back."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

I have been working at Pedigree Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Startup just advancing to small comp environment has the potential to open up opportunities to work on multiple disciplines. (Make no mistake, ur blood and sweat will be not rewarded or recognized. Ur manager is more likely to get all the credit and gloat.)

Cons

Lack of opportunity for career and financial advancement. There are few hypocritical directors that will make sure there is no upward mobility. Double standards. Over worked and under paid. Toxic work env/politics. Poor benifits. Bottom line, ppl who run the show at this place are full of human waste!

Advice to Management

For potential employee: take a job at pedigree only if u r desperate and job market is tough on u. If u take it, keep looking for others after taking a job at pedigree. Good luck!

7. "Excellent employment incubator, poor benefits"

I have been working at Pedigree Technologies full-time

Pros

Someone willing and able to work can move up and gain experience to better their career. Certain positions can work from home. A growing and maturing company.

Cons

Poor benefit package: help with less than half of health insurance premiums, no increase of PTO/Vacation time with experience, no 401k assistance.

Lacking formal processes for business practices.

Advice to Management

Take a serious look at increasing benefits.

"Pretty Bad"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Fargo, ND

I have been working at Pedigree Technologies full-time

Pros

Some people are nice and helpful.

Cons

Demanding yet subpar salary and benefits. Tenured mid mangmt don't promote from within.

Advice to Management

Stop saying employees are the biggest asset in every quarterly meeting and show that by doing something about it.

"Not a Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

I have been working at Pedigree Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Colleagues are friendly and the work can be fufilling at times. Very flexible as far as work schedule, which can be helpful at times.

Cons

Poor upper management with a lack of respect for employees. Very disorganized environment that can be hostile at times. The company does not value their employees and does not promote from within.

Advice to Management

Listen to ALL your employees, no matter what age or gender, and truly value their ideas and thoughts without belittling them.

10. "Not what i thought"

Current Employee - Technician in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Technician in Fargo, ND

I have been working at Pedigree Technologies full-time

Pros

Easy going people, company is growing

Cons

too much politics and brown nosing. if your not a favorite very little opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Shake up the middle management