Peery Foundation Reviews | Glassdoor

Jessamyn Shams Lau
  1. "Portfolio Director"

Current Employee - Portfolio Director in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Peery Foundation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- great team, built on trust! - honest, genuine feedback, regularly - a place of encouragement of individual and organization-wide personal and professional goals & growth - not much red tape - a good balance of autonomy and collaboration - encouragement of good work-life balance, demonstrated by leadership

Cons

- an environment with a lot of ambiguity and sometimes a lack of clarity - although HR policies and practices have gotten better over time (greater flexibility, increased PTO, etc); still could use improvement

Advice to Management

- continue to build a team that prioritizes health, trust and a service-mindset - seek to find and provide clarity more often

Peery Foundation2018-08-13
  2. "Fantastic Place to Work!"

I have been working at Peery Foundation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly staff who care about each other professionally and personally Everyone is hungry to learn and grow. No one thinks they are the expert in the room. Humility is a key ingredient in our secret sauce. The Board places a high level of trust in the staff which makes all the difference in our ability to execute. We have the flexibility to try new ideas that others might shy away from.

Cons

Internal plans and priorities can change quickly requiring flexibility from the staff.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You have created a warm, inviting place to work where employees can be themselves and enjoy spending time together while utilizing their strengths to conduct grantmaking.

Peery Foundation2018-03-20
  3. "Portfolio Associate"

Current Employee - Portfolio Associate in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Peery Foundation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Super collaborative and supportive team. The Foundation dedicates time to it's mission and philanthropic practices. I really appreciate that this includes simply treating one another like humans.

Cons

A lot of ambiguity comes with the role, which could be a con for someone who need a lot of clarity.

Peery Foundation2018-02-26