Peet's Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

0 Rating

"Great company"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Peet's full-time for more than a year

Pros

I feel appreciated and know my role. The brand is Recognizable and loved. The product is fantastic and I have no problem standing behind it

Cons

Feel a bit overworked at times. The structure has changed so we are experiencing growing pains. Changes in management when I first joined made my first impressions less than desirable but my currant report to is fantastic

Advice to Management

Give more access to ASMs

Peet's2018-03-27
  2. "Peet’s Brand is Great, Senior Leadership Needs Work"

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Peet's full-time

Pros

Free Coffee!!! Sick leave, vacation time, supportive team from DL down, quality product! Seriously, the coffee is premium!!! Core customer base that will tell you folk lore of Peet’s past :)

Cons

High Turnover in home office. You do your best to paint a rosie picture for the team about what is happening in home office, but at the end of the day they see all the names disappearing and appearing. Promo’s seem to come out by the skin of their teeth, often with misprints and things missing (this leads to who knows how much money being spent to emergency send out the correct stuff) Work life balance is a challenge, because home office is always in term oil and scrambling. Alot of work falls on DL’s and SM’s that in the majority of other companies is handled by home office. Constantly trying to reinvent the wheel with ‘unique tools’. Example: There are plenty of successful training plans out there. Pick one and stick with it! Peet’s is not in a position to waste time on creating a new one. Labor model is bizzar. Peet’s has a ton of very labor intensive asks. Hand packing every pound of beans, drink recipes, hours long audits, and extensive training. The labor model is unrealistic to encompass theses things, not to mention just the daily operation tasks. Diversity: RL role and up is pretty non existent. This is problematic because when your RL walks up to an employee and ask’s them if they know a spacific rap artist and you know that employee primarily listens to EDM and the RL is assuming they listen to rap because of the color of their skin... not good. There are many more examples of this.

Advice to Management

Stabilize home office. Find working labor models ( the teams see how much money is spent on mistakes from home office, then they see their labor being cut. Your store teams are smart people) Find a plan for the company and stick to it for more them 3-9 months. The constant switching of gears with minimal home staff office is crazy making. Invest in some in-depth sensitivity training regarding racism, and mental heath. Modernize benefits to reach all region’s of the company. Figure out more affordable/comprehensive (I’m looking at you maternity leave!) healthcare. You have an amazing product, focus on that. Stop it with the bizarre labor intensive complicated drinks. Go back to basics.

Peet's2020-01-26
  3. "Depends on the Manager"

Current Employee - Corporate Quality Assurance Manager

I have been working at Peet's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cool co-workers, not super high standards to live up to, good discounts/freebies, upward mobility if you want it

Cons

act like they care about coffee more than they do, base a lot of success of store on customer surveys

Peet's2020-01-15

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Peet's full-time for less than a year

Pros

There were a lot of great and promising aspects to the position I had with this company: -Salary -Hours -Diverse Teams -Office Culture

Cons

-I had a manager who was more concerned with perception than actual results. Had he not been with the company, I would still be working for this company. I would've also gave the company 5 stars had I not had to work underneath this individual.

Advice to Management

1 bad apple can spoil the bunch.

Peet's2019-11-17

"Overall Great Product and Great People"

Current Employee - Retail Manager

I have been working at Peet's full-time

Pros

The people and the product are why Peet's is a great place to be.

Cons

Health Benefits are expensive for most hourly employees across the company

Advice to Management

Take a look at Health Benefits to support current demographic needs within the businesses across the company.

Peet's2019-11-06

"Lots of Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Peet's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-So many tools to utilize to get promoted. -Upper management is friendly and get to know you if you’re in the Bay Area -Free Coffee! -If your store does well, bonuses can be HUGE (thousands of dollars before taxes) and lots of recognition. -Huge sense of camaraderie throughout the company!

Cons

-Communication between departments is horrible. Too many people with their hands in every pot. Info coming from all directions. -Not great pay in comparison to other companies. -Lots of corporate turnover...tons of departmental reorganization. -If you have a low-volume store, you get less visibility in the company, even if you do your job well.

Advice to Management

Higher pay for ASMs and SMs with lower volume stores!

Peet's2019-06-24
  7. "Solid Retail place to work"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Peet's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced retail work enviroment. Great daily coffee and food perks. Weekly coffee allowance.

Cons

Was there during the transition from privately owned to corporate entity of JLB. Needs some structure and brand focus. Not as organized as Starbucks for it employees.

Peet's2019-06-19
  8. "You get out what you put in"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Peet's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I currently work for Peet's and they have offered me a multitude of opportunities for growth and advancement. I've lucky to ave a district manager and store manager that inspire me and encourage me to grow. Peet's is all about owning your own experience and I've found those who put in the work and let management know exactly what they want, usually get it. Those who hang around waiting for things to happen just because they've been there for years get nothing and grow bitter.

Cons

Corporate seems to have no idea what actually goes on in stores and make weird decisions. I imagine it's like that anywhere though.

Peet's2019-06-05

"more, more, more"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Peet's full-time for more than a year

Pros

coffee is amazing, great range of people to work with

Cons

always adding more work without adding labor and resources to accomplish

Advice to Management

store managers need more support

Peet's2019-05-09

"People not always considered first"

Former Employee - Distribution Manager in Alameda, CA

I worked at Peet's full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

opportunity to Work with great people

Cons

Recognition and compensation not a focal point

Advice to Management

Do not lose sight of employee engagement

Peet's2019-05-20