Peet's Shift Leader Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Peet's Shift Leader Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2019

4.2
Peet's CEO Shawn Conway
Shawn Conway
0 Rating
  1. "Amazing Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Shift Leader in El Dorado Hills, CA

I have been working at Peet's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing coworkers, great environment, great product, great commitment from the company to its employees

Cons

Variable hours, though that’s pretty much the grind for food service jobs and store environment can be drastically different from location to location

Peet's2019-06-25
  2. "Decent job, still service"

Former Employee - Shift Leader in San Diego, CA

I worked at Peet's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast paced, good coworkers and culture, cool customers (depending n the location)

Cons

Low pay (industry comparable, though). Tips are nice, but not insane.

Peet's2019-01-25
  3. "Shift Leader"

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Corona del Mar, CA

I worked at Peet's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent product, great colleagues, loyal customers, and good benefits.

Cons

Peers has been purchased, and I am not sure of current management. The morning is fast paced, and might not be for everyone as the drinks have to be produced in under three minutes.

Advice to Management

Stay true to the original mission statement.

Peet's2018-08-24

"Peet's Coffee and Tea needs new management"

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Boston, MA

I have been working at Peet's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free coffee and a pastry a day. Paid training.

Cons

Uppet management is close to useless in cases of sexual harrassment of minors, store emergencies, and giving out raises. Stores will go without store managers gor months at a time, being run by shift leaders who recieve no extra pay or promotion for acting as SM. Very high turn-over rate due to applicants recieving false information corcerning hourly rate, amount of hours employees will recieve and positions availible.

Advice to Management

Listen to your shift leaders amd Assistant SMs. They are the ones actually running the stores while SMs 'work from home'

Peet's2018-06-21

"Insulting slave drivers"

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Chicago, IL

I worked at Peet's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Making coffee, free coffee all day.

Cons

Pay is low, raises are a slap in the face especially when you go above and beyond for customers. Management does not care for long term employees, some managers are sexist and out right cruel in the way they speak to employees especially female staff.

Advice to Management

Treat your people better, give better raises and listen to your lower level employees. They now the truth in what happens on a daily basis.

Peet's2017-09-17

"Working for this company has been great in a variety of ways."

Current Employee - Shift Leader in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Peet's part-time for more than a year

Pros

The atmosphere is very welcoming to people of all backgrounds. Everything from gender transitions to tattoo sleeves are welcomed. Above minimum wage pay that increases every 6 months. Paid vacation hours, paid sick hours. Free drinks while working with one free pastry. Half pound of free whole bean or ground coffee a week. Half off everything when off duty.

Cons

This depends on the store entirely and the management. My store is fantastic from top to bottom (Torrey Highlands) which is why our employee turnover rate is low and employment is high. I've been here 2 years so far.

Advice to Management

Peet's Corporate: allow for more in-store innovative freedom so that each location can adjust and adapt to the customer base surrounding them. This can include special deals or different music choice for younger audiences. Even an open mike night for certain locations could be helpful.

Peet's2017-06-10

"Peets is my favorite job so far."

Shift Leader

I have been working at Peet's

Pros

The atmosphere is very chill. The staff and management are great. The coffee is really good quality, the training is fun,easy, and very informative.

Cons

They pay isn't that great, the benefits are alright, and (at least at my store ) scheduling around your availability doesn't always work in your favor. Also they ask you to really push items, like the coffee of the month, but there's no incentive for you only for them.

Advice to Management

Paying your people the bare minimum and expecting to work hard for your bonus doesn't improve teams moral.

Peet's2017-01-23

"Coming from Starbucks, I couldn't ask for a better work environment."

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Peet's part-time for less than a year

Pros

No dress code, more relaxed job, lack of micromanagement, allows the shift team more insight into operations and empowers the team to make decisions that will help the team. As long as you average 21 hours a week then you get medical, dental, and vision, as well as 401(k) which is matched at 6%.

Cons

Lack of job growth. We are a new market, so this probably isn't relevant in California or other markets, but here we are growing too slowly almost and I may become an old man before any of us have the chance to move up. Also tuition reimbursement would be a god send.

Advice to Management

Better hours for baristas. I am perfectly fine with mine, but too often managers will hire more baristas than needed and the pool of hours is greatly diluted. This happens even though most of our baristas have fairly open availability.

Peet's2014-07-30