Pegasus Residential Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Lindy Ware

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The people here are the best and the pay is great too (in 8 reviews)

• Upper management truly cares about Pegasus having a culture that others emulate (in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Diverse Company you want to work for"

Current Employee - AP Specialist in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - AP Specialist in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Pegasus Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I moved from Mississippi to Alpharetta, Georgia just to work for Pegasus. They are a diverse company and strive to keep that diversity in the forefront of their business. I was welcome with open arms when I moved here and joined Pegasus. I truly feel like they are my family and that is a job I can be happy to come to every day.

Cons

The only con I have is being so far away from my family but Pegasus offers a flexible work schedule and proves that they believe family always comes first. I have never been turned down for time off and get 1 work from home day a week.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Pegasus Residential Response

Apr 5, 2018 – Vice President Talent and Culture

Thanks for your review. We are thankful you moved to be with us. We do strive to have a diverse work environment which we love! We’re a fun bunch, with all of our quirks and personalities, but it... More

2. "A company that cares"

I have been working at Pegasus Residential full-time

Pros

Pegasus is a company that actually listens to its employees and makes changes and advancements based on what is best for their teams. I have worked here for several years and have personally witnessed the owners and VPs go through policies and make changes based on how it will affect the employees. Our leaders believe in hard work and performing for our ownership groups so if you aren't a person that can handle a little hard work then this isn't the place for you.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is the amount of work but my parents always told me that hard works pays off....and they were correct.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward and making positive changes!

"3 Years Strong & Loving It!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Community Manager in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at Pegasus Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, Support, Growth, Involvement, Compensation, & Benefits to name a few!

At the start of every job I’ve had, I’ve always been told things like, “We value your opinion,” “We love to promote from within,” and “We care about each employee as an individual, not a number!” I’ve truly never worked anywhere where those phrases were more than just words... until I started my career with Pegasus Residential! I’ve been fortunate enough to learn from several regionals who immediately took notice of my efforts and hard work. I’ve been asked to be involved in more than just my local job on-site which has allowed me to expand my knowledge in the field of property management and actually develop a true passion in areas that I may not have had access to without their care and suggestions to involve me. I’m asked for my input on a regular basis and also get to listen to wonderful and helpful ideas from other team members in my region on a regular basis. I have had the pleasure of meeting so many wonderful people over the past 3 years both at the manager’s conference and while traveling on business. Pegasus has some of the brightest, kindest, and most dedicated employees that I have ever met from the top down! Yes- I work HARD... and pull some long hours at times, but then again, Pegasus isn’t for everyone! They demand the best of our abilities for their clients, which they should- they deserve no less!
    Thank you Debbie & Lindy for continuing to give me this amazing opportunity to feel valued, feel like I can continue to grow, and also know that I’m not just another number!

Cons

Too many properties assigned to Regionals. More attention/ needs could be met for the Managers and on-site teams if they weren’t pulled so many different directions.
    Need more one on one training for new managers when hired.

Advice to Management

I find myself working a lot from home at night to complete reports that require a lot of attention without disruption. Everyone’s minds work differently... but for those of us who get distracted easily I think it would awesome if there was some kind of flex schedule for the managers to allow uninterrupted time, I.e., work 2 days a month from home.
    Also I see a lot of people complaining about work/ life balance. Maybe a 10 hour 4 days a week schedule would help... or something along those lines?!
    Maintenance should be included somehow on renewal bonuses! They are a huge reason why residents stay a lot of times!
    The bonus structure for the managers could be improved on.

"The Best of the Best!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Dothan, AL
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Dothan, AL

I have been working at Pegasus Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pegasus is a company that truly allows their employees to grow. Their first instinct is to always promote from within. I have been with Pegasus for over three years now and have had a promotion every year.

Cons

The only con is actually a pro and that is that as a Pegasus employee, you are held to high standard. Another great reason I love to work for them.

"Great work/life balance"

Current Employee - Accountant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Pegasus Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work hard/play hard mentality. Laid back, definitely not a normal corporate environment.

Cons

Very cliquish.

Advice to Management

Better communication.

6. "The Best Of the Best"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Pegasus Residential full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for the company over 4 years, from the top down I have found nothing but excellence. The collaboration to make the company successful for our owners and continued education is the best I have seen. I have over 20 year’s experience in the industry and have found Pegasus to be a leader in uncovering new technology to make workflows better for everyone and in turn increase the bottom line of the owners we serve.

Cons

I have found no trues negatives with the company and we all have hiccups but learning from them is what matters most.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing!

7. "Love, Love, Love!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Midlothian, VA
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Midlothian, VA

I have been working at Pegasus Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Pegasus Residential for 4 years in the VA market and I can honestly say, I love it! We do work extremely hard but we have just as much fun. The support that you get is incredible and the owners, Debbie and Lindy, are never too busy to lend a hand or an ear. They started from the bottom so they really do understand how each person in each role feels. Pegasus also like to promote within before going outside so there is always room for advancement.

Cons

Keep up the great work!

8. "Pegasus Residential"

Current Employee - Vice President Corporate Controller in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Vice President Corporate Controller in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Pegasus Residential full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Benefits and time off packages are 1st class.
    - Flexibility with work from home
    - Very open and inclusive work enviroment

Cons

- Not many I can think of.

Advice to Management

- Address accountability consistently across the company so that all employees are consistent.

9. "RSM"

I have been working at Pegasus Residential full-time

Pros

I have been with Pegasus for 8 years and this is a wonderful company to work for. The atmosphere is always positive and uplifting.

Cons

I cannot think of any at this time.

10. "One Of The Best"

Current Employee - Commuit Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Commuit Assistant Manager

I have been working at Pegasus Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Structure, Compensation, Leadership, Ideals, Engagement

Cons

Work/Personal Life Balance, Office Hours, Training Schedule

Advice to Management

Pegasus has won me over with the simplest of things, its structure/ consistency. So many times I've worked for companies who's standards of operations has changed from manager to manager, from regional to regional, from day to day based on how the regional manager or community manager was feeling at the time. What I like about Pegasus, is that it has set it's foundation for excellence and they enforce their guidelines for such at every level. "Everyone gets the Memo". BUT, at the same time, well at least in my region, they are open to "actively" listening to ideas and working with the onsite staff when needed. They have a support system in place and strive to make sure you get what is required to do the job they've asked of you. They are not asking you to make something out of nothing. The only thing that I would suggest that the corporate team visit for more than just one day/ month or that there is opportunity for cross training amongst different portfolios/regions. Growth comes from knowledge and experience, and what better chances can you have for growth and expanding your knowledge of something, than experiencing different levels/ areas of it first hand?