PegasusTSI Reviews | Glassdoor

PegasusTSI Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.9
PegasusTSI CEO Karl Ibadulla (no image)
Karl Ibadulla
  1. "How invested they are in the company and the people who work for them."

I worked at PegasusTSI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Our company culture is very positive and fun. We are able to be flexible and creative in our work. I think most people enjoy working together to achieve the common goal of successful projects. -Owners are available to meet with you and answers questions -The balance between International & domestic clients -The GM genuinely cares about the employees of the company. He is actively involved in... focus groups, meeting with employees to hear their concerns. - The company has been growing for the past few years. There is a lot of potential and talent in Pegasustsi

Cons

Nothing much to say here . It would have been nice if we had a better health insurance with a lower deductible.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work lads.

PegasusTSI2014-05-13

"Estimator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at PegasusTSI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing good about this company.

Cons

Management will flat out lie to you during interview: 1) 40 hour work week with every other Friday off...reality...you will work until 10 p.m. and every Friday due to non existent management of engineering process despite the fact they have a full time "manager". They will also state they use Timberline software to estimate which is also a lie...everything is done using spreadsheets...half of which don't work or... require constant revisions. Company is currently losing money but don't lay off engineers...instead they lay off back off support which prevents them from collecting money from projects....Total lack of management. Only client they really have is Mosaic and they are tightening their belt and going to cheaper engineering firms. Company is being set up for sale I suspect as they can't even afford to buy decent chairs for employees (5 year old beat up chairs and desks). Beware if you interview...they hire and fire as they need people...total disregard for anyone's personal career path.

Advice to Management

There is no management...just engineers trying to figure out how to run a business.

PegasusTSI2017-07-07
  3. "it was a good experience until they grew too fast and went bankrupt"

Former Contractor - Engineering in Tampa, FL

I worked at PegasusTSI for more than 3 years

Pros

I had good co-workers ,who were not only very intelligent but also dedicated . I admired most all of them . Some were too political ,this didn't bother me as I was a subcontractor . they kept me when they went down longer than I would have as I was finished with my major project . I miss working with them

Cons

ther was an undercurrent in the partnership which affected the focus and some project assignments were not good choices whichcaused some emabarassment . I did not happen to me so I was grateful . as most forms they should have anticipated the downturn and saved the good design teams . I saw a lot of good people go by the wayside . having been in business I would have adjusted for the downturn differently

Advice to Management

watch the actual performance on projects in detail and assign good staff . look at cost benefit ration for each employee . if the job is not on time and under budget adjust to suit . monitor the team daily and change the culture to ownership and constantly reward the performers . its a lot of work but well worth it in the end . all the forms and tools don't mean a thing if everybody isn't pulling . encourage... openness and work with unused talent and assign talent where its always bury

PegasusTSI2013-11-16

"PegasusTSI, Inc - over a twentty year carreer, the best palce that I have ever work for."

in Tampa, FL

I have been working at PegasusTSI

Pros

You matter! The owners work harder for you than you could ever work for them! Experience, cliemt and conections in all corners of the world. Respected and trusted in multiple industries throughout multiple countries.

Cons

The past two years have been difficult times. This is not only at PTSI or in the US but globally. PTSI has taken its share of hits. Currently operating in chapter 11 reorganization. Hearing scheduled for October 12th for the confirmation of the exit plan. Disapointment - many who the owners stuck by and cared for over many years (decades) in good times and very difficult times, betrayed that loyalty... deliberately and viciously. Dispite their efforts the owners and sernior management continue to take the high road.

Advice to Management

Continue your efforts, well appreciated! We will prevail for many years to come!!

PegasusTSI2010-10-06
  5. "Better than some; worse than some"

Project Management  in Tampa, FL

I worked at PegasusTSI

Pros

Good people to work with in design groups. 9-hour workdays M-Th & 8-hr workday one Friday & every other Friday off is great! Great Process group & Dept Mgr support.

Cons

Mgt sometimes wants to dabble in project mgt, and then assign a 'hey-boy' to do all the dirty work. All the responsibility with no authority in the client's eyes... has run one or two good PMs off. Need more vision in management... don't need to elaborate.. if you hire on there, you'll see soon enough what I'm talking about.

Advice to Management

Get some people in upper mgt spots that aren't just 'marking time' until retirement. Get some visionary BD folks. Implement some effective project controls on the Saudi projects, and learn to say "NO" to them when they try to run all over your a**!

PegasusTSI2009-10-01
  6. "Lack of Management involment with employees raises questions of company future and direction."

I worked at PegasusTSI

Pros

There is not much to discuss here.

Cons

Employees are left to decide what the customer wants without knowing what was promised by the sales department and management.

Advice to Management

When project teams are formed to complete customer promised obligations the entire team should be informed of the overall status of the project and the level of of customer satisfaction. In addition the department Managers should take responsibility for mentoring and developing strong knowledge base for young engineers as opposed to throwing them to the wolfes.

PegasusTSI2010-02-24