Pei Wei Asian Diner Reviews

Updated Jun 2, 2021

3.4
Pei Wei Asian Diner Owner Lorne Goldberg (no image)
Lorne Goldberg
Pros
  • "Fast paced work environment, great people to train(in 29 reviews)

• "Culture, location, free food benefit(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management has ZERO loyalty nor do they care about their field operators(in 14 reviews)

• "Takes a lot of multitasking and fast paced decision making that isn't good for a first job, despite paying like a first job(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great first job

Mar 4, 2021 - Keyholder
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is great and it’s easy to get promoted.

Cons

Workload can be overwhelming and long hours can be taxing.

2. 5.0

pretty good

May 30, 2021 - Front of House Member
      Business Outlook

Pros

pretty good, very chill environment

Cons

it can be slow sometimes

Sr HR Manager

Thanks for your feedback! We are glad that you had a positive experience working for Pei Wei. Pei Wei is always hiring so keep us in mind for your future employment needs.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

It was good

May 28, 2021 - Server in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good food. Pay was good

Cons

Not many tips. Very busy

Sr HR Manager

Thanks for your feedback! We agree that that we have great food and service and we are glad that your experience was a positive one. Pei Wei is always hiring and we have many Team Members that are "re-hires". Please keep us in mind as a potential "new" employer.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

May 29, 2021 - Cashier/Food Runner in Bixby, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone I worked with over the years were so great in helping me understand the restaurant business and I was able to develop really proficient customer service skills because of it.

Cons

Like at any restaurant, some customers are more displeasing than others. Just part of the job.

Continue reading

Sr HR Manager

Thanks for your comments. It sounds like you found your time spent with the company beneficial to your career. I will pass on your feedback about the food quality. Pei Wei has always prided itself on providing great qualify food and excellent guest service. You should check out our newest menu items crafted by celebrity Chef Jet Tila.

5. 4.0

pretty solid first job

May 24, 2021 - Sales Associate in Brea, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very lenient management and straight forward job

Cons

understaffed most of the time

Sr HR Manager

Thanks for your comments! AT Pei Wei, our Management team strives to work with our Team Members and create a good working environment for all. Staffing is always a challenge. If you are looking for employment, you might re-visit working for Pei Wei. Many of our Team Members are re-hires.

6. 5.0

Nice

May 24, 2021 - Line Cook
      Business Outlook

Pros

Okay Nice company nice people.

Cons

Nothing bad at all nice job

Sr HR Manager

Thanks for your feedback! We are glad that your experience with Pei Wei was a positive one. If you are are seeking employment in the future, please consider coming back to Pei Wei. We are always looking for passionate, energetic people who love great food!

7. 4.0
      Former Employee

Nice enough for near minimum-wage food service

May 19, 2021 - Cashier
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers were great, food discount was nice

Cons

Like most food service: stressful, low pay, no benefits, crazy scheduling

Sr HR Manager

Thanks for your feedback! We agree that our employees are the best! You are correct when you say food service can be stressful and scheduling can get "crazy". It has been difficult over the past year. We do offer benefits to employees that average 30 hour or more per week and we offer a Tele-Medicine benefit FREE to ALL of our employees. Pei Wei is committed to improving our environment. If it has been a while since you worked for us, maybe it's time to re-visit us as a potential employer. We are hiring at most locations!

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not ideal for an Adult with experience.

Mar 12, 2021 - Server/Waiter in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

The food, it's wonderful! Oh and some service alcohol so that's a plus

Cons

Your treated like your an incompetent idiot, talked down to, previous experience has like 0 concideration, you will be humiliated in front of co-workers and if you have any problems with anyone above you and voice your concerns, you better start looking for a new job.

Continue reading
    9. 5.0

fair overall

May 7, 2021 - Cashier
      Business Outlook

Pros

free food on doubles. half off otherwise. Worked there for 3 years and never got sick of the food.

Cons

got bored during dead hours.

Sr HR Manager

We agree with you when you say you will never get tired of our Menu. You should stop by and try our NEW House Special Chicken and Mongolian Green Beans inspired by Celebrity Chef, Jet Tila. These days, there are not many "dead hours" so I can assure you that you won't get bored. Pei Wei is looking to hire more people like you. Check out our openings on Glassdoor or at peiwie.com/careers!

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

General manager

May 10, 2021 - General Manager in Pembroke Pines, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pei Wei let’s me be me

Cons

Heavy work load for less pay

Sr HR Manager

Thanks for your review! It is part of Pei Wei's culture to encourage Team Members to be themselves and to help them grow to become their "Best Self" though training and development. There have been many challenges over the past year which we could not have overcome without the dedication and hard work of so many Team Members like you. Thank You!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 426 Reviews