Pendo Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 25, 2018

5.0
Todd Olson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Amazing growing company to put roots down in"

I have been working at Pendo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The product is incredible. Anyone in software appreciates the concept and the execution. The work environment is super positive and supportive. You win and lose as a team, but your individual success and happiness are held in equal measure. My peers are talented, driven, honest, and brilliant and I am better for them. The customers are AMAZING. I love talking to them and helping them grow their businesses. I feel like I'm making a difference every day.

Cons

The business is still growing, so they are catching up to some of the benefits that people from larger or more mature organizations are accustomed to - 401k match, great health care plans. But I'm confident that will come. There are tons of other perks!

Advice to Management

You'll continue to attract talent from larger companies, so be sure to highlight all of the benefits you offer in your benefits documentation during hiring. There are a lot of good perks that weren't called out that I learned through asking that I would have liked to know off the bat, since they made my ultimate decision to join much easier!

"Fast-paced company with a lot of growth opportunities"

I have been working at Pendo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Open and Transparent from a top down level
    - Flexibility with schedule and unlimited PTO
    - Awesome culture and people to work with
    - Opportunities for career growth

Cons

- No 401K matching plan yet

Advice to Management

Keep on being transparent and listening to your employees

"Awesome Place"

I have been working at Pendo full-time

Pros

Working at Pendo has been so great. Not a single day have I left the office feeling like I didn’t like my job. Amazingly talented, smart people who work here. Great projects and product. Collaboration is very high. People love to laugh, goof off, and overall have fun at work. Work hard. Play hard. Compensation is overall above average. The company rewards talent.

Cons

Diversity has been a struggle. Seeing few women at executive levels is tough. Also some inside politics, people at lower levels can get let go pretty easily whereas senior leadership can get away with some seeming dealbreakers.

Advice to Management

Continue to be an amazing place to work. Focus on treating all employees at same standard regardless of tenure or seniority. Hire more women & diverse candidates.

"Fast-paced, rewarding, fun place to work!"

I have been working at Pendo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to be involved in something special. Everyone driving towards the same mission. Full transparency from executives and department leads. Growth and learning opportunities galore!

Cons

Super fast-paced and things can change quickly, if you’re not able to adapt it might not be the best environment for you.

Advice to Management

More mentorship for those interested in leadership opportunities. Executive level involvement in diversity and inclusion efforts would be great!

"focused, executing SaaS company - correct vision, great leadership"

Current Employee - Strategic Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Strategic Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Pendo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Very transparent communication and culture
    -Lots of freedom to apply creativity and experimentation to role
    -collaborative and supportive culture

Cons

-Internal business ops (sales ops, mktg ops, success ops) could be refined and/or improved; current state is not bad, room for improvement does exist

Advice to Management

Keep on being transparent and drawing from Pendo's 7 core values. As the company grows/scales, that is inherently more difficult to execute on, but it is critical to the overall health and future of the group.

"Great team, great product"

I have been working at Pendo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a privilege to work with some of the smartest, most hard working people in tech. The company's dedication to producing a winning product is outstanding and gives me confidence that Pendo will be successful no matter what. It fun to be a part of such tremendous growth, especially in such a short period of time.

Cons

Things (i.e. roadmaps, teammates, open positions, etc.) change very quickly, and you have to be willing to embrace change (not just tolerate it) to be successful here. I wouldn't say this is necessarily a con, but something to be aware of.

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of Pendo's core values as we grow. We all want to win, but not at the expense of transparency from executives.

7. "Sales"

I have been working at Pendo full-time

Pros

Great people, killer product vision, strong leadership

Cons

It's a growing company, so there are changes always happening. If you love change, that's a great thing!

"A team that hustles, has fun and is full of nice people"

I have been working at Pendo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exciting, challenging work. A team full of talented people, who are also really nice. It truly feels like we're all on the same team here, working toward a common vision and mission. Because the company is still young, there is a lot of opportunity for career advancement and an increasing focus on leadership development. I also appreciate the company's focus on creating an inclusive work environment.

Cons

We are in growth mode, which means a regular cadence of change. Our onboarding and leadership development programs are still nascent as well. And no 401K match.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in training, onboarding and development opportunities for employees to ensure people feel like they are challenged and growing.

9. "Love it"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Pendo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pendo has an open/transparent fast-paced environment. There's always a new and interesting problem to solve. I work with some of the best engineers I've ever met and it seems like everyone is always willing to help you learn or get better. While the environment is fast-paced there are also reasonable expectations that are clearly communicated so its not all-consuming job.

Cons

There are no glaring cons to working at pendo. There have been minor things that could improve but there's good transparency / communication when an issue does arise.

10. "Sales"

I have been working at Pendo full-time

Pros

Phenomenal culture that is passionate about product, customer success, and market share growth.

Cons

West coast needs more brand awareness/recognition to balance out east coast HQ.