Pendo Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2020

4.2
Pendo Founder and CEO Todd Olson (no image)
Todd Olson
Pros
Cons
  • "Would love to see them offer a 401k match(in 8 reviews)

• "Typical growing pains of any high growth startup(in 6 reviews)

1. "Best SaaS company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Pendo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Surrounded by intelligent professionals who are thoughtful, hardworking, and kind.

Cons

Still a young business so some responsibilities that would usually not fall under your purview end up being part of your job

Continue reading

"Best place I've ever worked, would go back in a heart beat"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Pendo full-time for more than a year

Pros

the core values, the sales engineers

Cons

classic startup pains, they handle them really well though

"One of the worst run sales orgs I have ever seen"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Pendo full-time

Pros

Solid product, smart & friendly peer coworkers, CEO answers most tough questions with high EQ and transparency

Cons

Roughly 65-70% of new sales hires across all segments in the last 12 months are no longer employed at the company. Reps are regularly fired with zero notice and no prior negative feedback given. Horrible onboarding experience, zero follow through from sales ops and leadership on their commitment w/ onboarding. Sales leaders for the most part do not have any level of investment in their reps as human beings. Revenue targets were consistently missed with zero accountability or decisive action from sales leadership. Many stories circulated of sexually inappropriate comments and gestures by senior sales leadership with zero consequences, highly alarming that this type of behavior has been swept under the rug which has to make you question everything from a cultural and inclusiveness standpoint that they are so loud about. Do not believe what your recruiters tell you, save yourself!

Continue reading

"Great option if you're looking for a mid-late stage startup and fit company core values"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer

I have been working at Pendo full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) Company culture dominates Pendo so would certainly review Pendo's core values if you are considering opportunities here. Do we follow these values perfectly? Of course not, which is in part why Pendo is so proactive and transparent when it comes to communication, and takes action to fix issues where & when they arise. 2) Fast pace startup - Successful startups need to grow quickly in a strategic sustainable go-to-market approach, which Pendo clearly demonstrates. 3) Innovation - I've certainly experienced the reverse at former companies and sales is where you first experience loosing to your competitors. Not so at Pendo. We have, and continue to overcome competition. It takes creative team selling to win, and an incredible support team of smart engineers, product, support & customer success to sustain our clients. Pendo depicts all the above. If you have any doubts I would take a look at G2 research on how Pendo's Product Analytics & Digital Adoption rank in 2020 with our competitors.

Cons

1) Growing pains would be my #1. As with any fast growing startup, being able to absorb and digest growth is difficult. While management is proactive to communicate, early-stage silos of information are beginning (albeit minimal) so something to consider as the company grows further. 2) Also be aware this is startup life. While Pendo demonstrates a core value to Promote Life Outside of Work, another core value: Bias to Act is heavily demonstrated (sometimes a bit more so). Therefore you need to be proactive, speak up, willing to work hard, but also know when you need a break to take care of oneself if you are to be successful here.

5. COVID-19

"Great company, great people..."

I have been working at Pendo full-time for less than a year

Pros

I feel empowered to do my job and have the autonomy to make decisions needed for my area of business. Freedom and Responsibility. Management has been extremely supportive of everyone during this stay-at-home period. We were even given a one-time allowance to use in any way we wished to support our new work-from-home arrangements.

Cons

Very office-driven culture which has been interesting to see adjust during COVID. C-Level and (S)VP level need more diversity. Woefully lacking in this area.

"Truly a special place"

Current Employee - Sales Director

I have been working at Pendo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A fantastic company with a tremendous future. From someone who's worked for many startups, Pendo is special. The core values of Pendo remain as we scale to over 500 employees. Pendo employs talented, compassionate, dedicated people who all share in the same vision.

Cons

Standard scale issues, communication is hard etc, but from someone who has been through many startups at this scale, this feels very normal. Rate of innovation has slowed down a bit.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Pendo full-time

Pros

Wonderful culture and modern tech stack.

Cons

No major cons, just keep working hard to maintain the culture as you scale.

"Yucky Unicorn"

1.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Pendo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tons of culture perks. Pendo puts an insanely high emphasis on t-shirts, cookies, stickers, cameos at meetings by very minor celebs (Nascar, pro wrestlers, cable news hosts, goat herders from the internet), and get-togethers.

Cons

Strategy is super reactive, especially in sales. If we're all about oranges at 10am, good chance it's bananas or apples by noon. Planning and training are a mess. Last year, the sales org paid like half a mil for outside consultants to help level-up value-selling. But the CEO complained and undermined it from the jump and we didn't get much buy-in from product management or marketing to make it successful. And we're the last to know about our own product changes because we're so focused on the competition instead of how to sell what we're building. Attrition is off the charts at all levels. Nobody can hardly believe how many C-levels, VPs, and directors quit or get fired every week. Meanwhile, so few of us are making our numbers and the CEO and CRO don't seem to think it has anything to do with them. There are tons of rumors of improper workplace behavior by certain male execs involving more junior women. I've heard at least four stories about the CRO alone and have personally observed one case of inappropriate sexual conduct at a company function. For a company that talks so much about its values, they seem to be enforced unevenly based on either how senior you are or how close you are to the CEO.

"Unmatched Company Culture"

I have been working at Pendo full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've honestly never worked at a company that goes so above and beyond to ensure the happiness and success of its employees. I have a long history of working for high-growth startups, and can say that my time at Pendo has been, by far, highlight of my career. We refer to our core values daily, such as "promote life outside of work", "bias to act" and "be transparent", which as an employee make me feel like I'm in control of my own destiny without micromanagement and that my voice can always be heard. We work with some of the best and brightest in the industry, and I'm blown away by how accessible everyone is. Whether you have a question for a team member or need to collaborate cross functionally, everyone is so willing to help. Pendo does such a good job getting everyone together in person. Whether it be our global company kickoff, all hands meets, team meetings, happy hours (and now virtual happy hours), I feel like I have a personally strong friendship with my colleagues - even those who don't live in the United States! Aside from cultural aspects, we have a product that our customers truly love, and it's first class in the industry. It's incredible to be able to interact with customers and see how Pendo impacts their day-to-day work so positively. That makes my job so enjoyable.

Cons

When I was newer at Pendo, I felt like some training resources were lacking. Luckily, my colleagues are so dependable and many people raised their hands to fill in the gap.

"Can't Imagine A Better Place to Work"

I have been working at Pendo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Overall, Pendo has hired amazing managers. They respect their employees and care about their well being first and foremost -Positive, encouraging peers -Prepare to be challenged by some of the smartest people you'll ever meet -Family-focused, flexible work schedules, -Hardworking, but not with intense pressure -Pendo isn't perfect, but leaders are willing to admit imperfections and make changes when needed -Transparent and trustworthy (CEO reviews the board meeting deck with the whole company every quarter) -Inclusive

Cons

-There can be some back and forth when it comes to decisions. I think the Exec team could do a better job of agreeing on things sooner -Would love to see more diversity in our C-suite

Found 74 reviews