Pendragon Reviews | Glassdoor

Mark Herbert
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company"

I have been working at Pendragon full-time

Pros

Best staff ever and friendly management

Cons

No downsides to be honest. Wish coworkers would stop moving elsewhere and coming back...

May 8, 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for leaving us a great review! Good to hear you are enjoying your time with us and thanks for all your hard work so far.

2. "Pay Plan not what was promised"

Former Employee - Finance in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Finance in Orange, CA

I worked at Pendragon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Uncapped income potential. Free lunch on saturdays

Cons

Too many managers for such a small staff.

Advice to Management

Train your people. Employees leave because they dont feel appreciated.

Nov 15, 2018 – Talent Team

Thank you for leaving a review, we will certainly take your comments on board. Our team members are extremely important to us and we are looking into a new training programme.

3. "Better than most car dealerships in LA"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in West Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in West Hollywood, CA

I worked at Pendragon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Much better mandatory work schedule, 33-36 hour work week, most southern California dealerships are a 55+ hour work weeks. Only one of three managers was a psychopath, of the other two, one was great, the other was good, just burned out and waiting for his well deserved promotion for his own store.

Cons

As at all dealerships, the pay plan is shrinking. Example. One sales guy here sold 8 cars in June 2016 and made $17000 commission. In June of 2017 he sold 19 cars, and made $8000.

Advice to Management

The guys that run the store are decent guys to work for. I left voluntarily, and would go back. Because of the prime location on Sunset Blvd near the Beverly Hills line, there was very little room for inventory, which was spread out over 5 locations, which frequently was a nightmare. Sometimes it was difficult to locate a particular car, the traffic, yada, and would become stressful when customers had to wait long periods of time. A better system would make a huge difference, consolidating the inventory, which I believe they were working on.

4. "Service Consultant"

Former Employee - Automotive Service Advisor/Service Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Pendragon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair pay plan. Excellent service advisor offices and tools. recently remodeled work facility.

Cons

No real downsides to this particular location but you must be aware that this clientele is very demanding.

Advice to Management

Set more realistic sales goals for the service advisors. If sale goals keeps increasing every single month it causes advisors to feel defeated On slow months.

"Horrible company"

I worked at Pendragon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly employees. Who are anything but fakes. Treat you nice to your face but are fake. This is a pro because you don't have to deal with too much drama if you act fake as well.

Cons

I have worked for many companies and this is the worst. They act so nice and friendly but in reality they find reason to fire you. High turn over.

Advice to Management

Learn to be managers.

6. "Pendragon N.A."

Pros

Pendragons has a competent and professional team of upper management. Many of the higher up execs are women, this truely is an equal opportunity employer.

Cons

The company does not pay competetive salaries for hourly employees and many positions do not have the opportunity to earn bonuses.

Advice to Management

It would be lovely if management gave all employees the opportunity to earn bonuses and started paying hourly employees competitive wages based on geographic regions and job titles.

Mar 23, 2017 – Talent Team

Thanks for your great review. We will take your comments on pay on board when reviewing the pay structure.

"Excellence defined"

Current Employee - Automotive Technician in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Automotive Technician in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Pendragon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, training is always available, excellent product, Great philosophy on British automobile marketing, sales and service. Company camaraderie is outstanding.

Cons

Paid time off is nill, 3.3 hours per pay period, pay is less than competitive for the job market, although the volume of traffic makes up for it.

Advice to Management

Pay technicians what they are worth, and if you cant offer that, then host some more benefit compensation.

Mar 23, 2017 – Talent Team

Thanks for the good review. We have taken your comments on board and have recently reviewed our Technician pay structure.

8. "Pendragon"

Current Employee - Head of Business in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Head of Business in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Pendragon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plc benefits and competitive salaries. Easy and enjoyable recruitment process and great working environment. Plenty of recognition programmes and opportunities to shine

Cons

Not many to be honest. I’ve found the business to be honest and straightforward to work for

Advice to Management

More thought before restructuring entire divisions and departments across the business. More consultation staff surveys etc to get a gauge of how people are feeling

9. "Buyer"

Former Employee - Associate Buyer in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Associate Buyer in Nottingham, England (UK)

I worked at Pendragon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice team to work with.

Cons

Poor pay plan - length of service seemed to be the only way to earn more. So someone doing exactly the same job was on a fair wack more.

Advice to Management

Deliver on promises. Don't tell people just what they want to hear.

10. "Amazing recruitment process for Carstore!!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Chesterfield, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Chesterfield, England (UK)

I have been working at Pendragon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This recruitment process is the best that I’ve experienced. The communication was brilliant all the way through and I received really quick updates. In particular Sarah in HR is fantastic, always positive, smiley and kept me up to date every step of the way. Many thanks to the team that made it such an easy and effortless process! I would highly recommend!

Cons

I don’t have any cons at all.

Advice to Management

If you could pass along my comments about the recruitment process that would be brilliant! I have never been through such an easy and enjoyable application process. I can’t fault it at all, I would definitely recommend yourselves to anyone!!

Mar 25, 2019

Thank you so much for leaving us such a glowing review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the recruitment process and will pass your comments to Sarah. Welcome to the Crew, have a fantastic... More