Peninsula Regional Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Hospitalist"

Current Employee - Physician, Hospitalist in Salisbury, MD
    Current Employee - Physician, Hospitalist in Salisbury, MD

I have been working at Peninsula Regional Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PRMC has a great small town feel with large town capabilities to treat patients

Cons

Locum Tenems Physicians do not pull their fare share of work load

Advice to Management

Make locums share work across all duties

2. "More lay-offs a possibility"

I have been working at Peninsula Regional Medical Center part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary for this area is good; most employees are very professional, diligent and competent.

Cons

Under-staffed; new health records system has resulted in additional stress/confusion and some areas are being down-sized; mid-management fails to listen to employee feedback if it is negative and therefore, upper management is probably not aware of issues.

Advice to Management

Major changes that greatly impact employees should be discussed before they are implemented. Be as quick to praise as you are to criticize.

3. "Catering associate"

I have been working at Peninsula Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid vacation time adds up quickly

Cons

No communication, members of management are not all on same page You have to find your own coverage if you plan to use vacation time on your weekend

5. "Good place to work"

Pros

Good management, very compassionate and fair. Pretty strict set of rules, but good treatment if you follow the rules (and management can be flexible if you have a good reason).

Cons

Scheduling can be a bit hit or miss, many part-time workers so putting everyone together can lead to different schedules each week.

Advice to Management

Be clear about expectations. Give people second chances, but not too many if it affects the other workers.

"Patient Service Representative"

I have been working at Peninsula Regional Medical Center full-time

Pros

Some of the staff are positive to work with but others are not. I know that there are quite a few people who I can rely on every time I come to work.

Cons

PRMC is severely understaffed and the management has unrealistically high expectations to get things done as quickly as possible. I decided to join this team because I was promised many opportunities for growth and advancement but after 4 months, I am still where I was when I first started and consider myself overqualified for my job. I am either overworked, undermined, or bored. This organization puts patients before employees needs, which I do not agree with.

Advice to Management

Upper management acts as if we are machines, working as quickly as possible with no mistake. Once a mistake is made, management is quick to point out what you have done wrong without saying how you can improve. Further, management is quick to jump on what we have done wrong rather than tell us what we have done well (even during training). A little praise and higher pay would go a long way.

7. "Good pay"

Pros

Good pay and also benefits

Cons

Patient load needs to be decreased

Advice to Management

Keep your staff satisfied and your patient ratings will improve

8. "RN"

I worked at Peninsula Regional Medical Center full-time

Pros

There aren't many other hospitals in the area

Cons

Very weak management that doesn't care about their employees

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - IT Provisioning Administrative Assistant in Salisbury, MD
    Current Employee - IT Provisioning Administrative Assistant in Salisbury, MD

I have been working at Peninsula Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay for the area, many opportunities to advance.

Cons

Depending on your department/position there may not be any room for advancement.

10. "OK, certainly not exceptional."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, MD

I worked at Peninsula Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers were very professional and supportive. Health benefits were good. Great dining options on site and within walking distance. Valet parking for patients.

Cons

Following layoffs, workload was unreasonable and little was done to create a better work/life balance. High burnout/turnover following that year, and for the years following. Each year the HR department has an independent survey done to assess employee satisfaction and the organization highy promotes the completion of the survey, however, it is obvious that little attention is paid to the results of the survey. Parking areas are dangerous at night.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees when you ask for feedback. Use the information to make positive changes within, through all departments. Promote more teamwork as it seems many depts conflic one another.

11. "CNA Review"

Pros

Very organized, very friendly staff, always room for advancement, nice cafeteria for staff

Cons

Low pay, short staffed at times,