KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Penn National Gaming President and Chief Executive Officer Jay Snowden
Jay Snowden

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Penn National Gaming and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love it

Jun 26, 2022 - Cook
    Business Outlook

Pros

All pros all day my homie

Cons

No cons at all my man

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not good, not bad

Jun 17, 2022 - Suites Supervisor/Catering Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hours, Freedom, Management, Flexibility, knowledgeable staff

Cons

Pay, Seasonal, Huge turn over

Penn National Gaming Response

Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate having you the team.

3. 5.0

Overall well

Jun 16, 2022 - SPA Associate in Bossier City, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment and sensory to see

Cons

None at all loved it

Penn National Gaming Response

Thank you for the review! Our values are key to our success, so its great to hear we're living up to them.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Decent, but changing policies ruin a lot of benefits.

Jun 16, 2022 - Chef in Lake Charles, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent, stable company. Flexible career options. Strong internal connections, competitive pay.

Cons

Long, excessive hours with lack of adequate staffing in order to create proper work/life balance. Upper Management senior leaders need some work. Recently introduced a salary cap for all positions

Penn National Gaming Response

Thank you for your review and detailed feedback. I appreciate all you have shared. Listening to our current and former team members and providing necessary feedback or resolutions is important to us. In a 24/7 business environment, I agree that our shifts may be unique and not for everyone. An important part in our interview process is transparency, where we conduct real-job previews, allowing you to walk in the shoes of the position and fully understand the expectations. We also offer our team members a wealth of perks such as tuition reimbursement, team member assistance during crisis, 401(k) match and paid time off, to name a few. Penn is committed to investing in our team members.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

it's a job

May 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The upper management team are friendly people who will listen to your concerns. HR is accessible and mainly positive people.

Cons

The work/life balance is horrible! You have no job advocate. They will always side with the customer no matter how abusive they are. You will work nights, weekends and holidays with no additional compensation. ( you will work on those holidays even if it falls on your RDO and there's no holiday pay).

Penn National Gaming Response

Thank you for your feedback. In a 24/7 business environment, I agree that our shifts may be unique and not for everyone. An important part in our interview process is transparency, where we conduct real-job previews, allowing you to walk in the shoes of the position and fully understand the expectations. We also offer our team members a wealth of perks such as tuition reimbursement, team member assistance during crisis, 401(k) match and paid time off, to name a few. Penn is committed to investing in our team members .

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great

Jun 6, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company culture, fun environment

Cons

There are not many cons for this position

Penn National Gaming Response

Thank you for your review and feedback. I appreciate all you have shared, and will share it with others! I'm glad to have you on our team!

7. 4.0

Its good

May 23, 2022 - Barback in Penn, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Good management - Offer benefits - Hourly dependent of where you work

Cons

- They offer staff meal its not that great

Penn National Gaming Response

Thank you for your review and taking a moment to share your feedback. We appreciate you.

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Lacking in culture & talent

Dec 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The new CEO is smart, innovative, and all around impressive. The development team he surrounds himself with seems pretty sharp too. This is one of the gaming companies that has seen substantial growth in the past few years with a couple of smart acquisitions.

Cons

Although the CEO is the bright spot, the talent within the company, including senior leadership (sans a few key positions), is seriously lacking. The company is uber focused on running lean, profit margins and shareholders, and less on acquiring talent, creating and maintaining best in class products, or investing long term on great guest experience. This is very clear at the operational level. They are an average at best company with very few innovative minds or solid leaders. They have a couple of new buys with barstool and the score, which is exciting, but It's a pretty old school company with old school mindsets in the leadership roles. Common in gaming. Lots of nepotism, terrible communication. They tout great culture, and probably believe they have one, but in all honestly, they don't have any culture to speak of. Seriously lacking in that department. The marketing leadership is sub par, which is noticeable in their low quality branding and advertising product. The CMO is not really a true CMO, but more of a gaming operations position answering to the regional GM's primarily...and if I'm being honest, is significantly lacking in the leadership quality department. Lots of upside in analytics and IT if you are skilled in those areas. Do your homework on leadership if you are going into other departments.

6 people found this review helpful

Penn National Gaming Response

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that your experience within the leadership team is not reflective of our company values. I'd be open and interested to hear more about your specific team experience, if you'd like to contact me directly.

9. 3.0

Just a number

May 27, 2022 - Cage Shift Supervisor in Maryland Heights, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are ok to an extent

Cons

Will eliminate your position to hire somebody for less

Penn National Gaming Response

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback. Listening to our current and former team members and providing necessary feedback or resolutions is important to us. I am disappointed to see you’ve had a negative experience. I’d like to discuss your situation in more detail. If you would like to further share your feedback, please reach out to me directly.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Job

Apr 25, 2022 - Control Officer in Charles Town, WV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun Work Environment Cooperative staff

Cons

Strong Management Lack of communication among Hourly and Salary

Penn National Gaming Response

Thank you for your review and detailed feedback. Your solutions are important to us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 416 Reviews

Penn National Gaming Reviews FAQs

Penn National Gaming has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 426 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at Penn National Gaming to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Penn National Gaming employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Penn National Gaming. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

63% of Penn National Gaming employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Penn National Gaming 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Penn National Gaming to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Penn National Gaming Job Seekers