Pennsylvania Department of Transportation "low pay" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Pennsylvania Department of Transportation Employee Reviews about "low pay"

Updated Sep 27, 2019

3.6
Pennsylvania Department of Transportation CEO Allen D. Biehler (no image)
Allen D. Biehler
Pros
  • "Penndot has very long term projects(in 7 reviews)

• "Good work/life balance, decent pay considering I worked after my freshman year(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "I do not have any negatives at PennDot(in 5 reviews)

• "Very low pay compared to other internships(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "low pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Intern"

Engineering, Scientific, and Technical Intern in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Pennsylvania Department of Transportation

Pros

Easy job. Not too much hard work for a summer internship. There are lots of variances in the sections that they assign interns to. Some of these are much harder and you get overtime. Some are easy and you can leave early on most days.

Cons

Work is not that hard, which isn't right for some people. Also must have your own vehicle and King of Prussia location is very hard to get to. Very low pay compared to other internships.

Continue reading
    Pennsylvania Department of Transportation2015-10-29
  2. "Legal Presence Manager"

in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Pennsylvania Department of Transportation for more than a year

Pros

Advancement opportunities for forward-thinking employees with good work ethic.

Cons

Low pay wages, advancement opportunities occur at a slow rate, often seniority plays key role in qualification for promotions.

Pennsylvania Department of Transportation2015-08-10
  3. "Okay"

Current Employee - Engineering, Scientific, and Technical Intern in Oil City, PA

I have been working at Pennsylvania Department of Transportation full-time for more than a year

Pros

My supervisors were very nice, and very accommodating. I was never intimidated out of asking questions, and when I did ask questions they were joyed to answer.

Cons

I was told by many employees to beware, PennDot has a way of sucking you in, and then suddenly 5 years later you're still there in the same position doing the same thing. After interning with them for three summers, I understood what they meant. My peers interning at other companies seemed to be advancing in their responsibilities through the years. I was stuck doing the same thing. Very low pay in comparison to other opportunities. Then again, I guess I did get paid for what I did----not very much.

Pennsylvania Department of Transportation2013-03-19