Penobscot Bay Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Penobscot Bay Medical Center Reviews

Updated Oct 31, 2017

Found 3 reviews

2.7
Penobscot Bay Medical Center CEO Lee Woodward, Jr.
Lee Woodward, Jr.
  1. "CNA"

Former Employee - CNA in Cumming, GA

I worked at Penobscot Bay Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly and upbeat environment. Worked well with my schedule

Cons

Sometimes the staff/patient ratio was off

Advice to Management

None :)

Penobscot Bay Medical Center2017-10-31

"Low pay, lousy benefits, inept management"

Former Employee - Unit Secretary in Rockport, ME

I worked at Penobscot Bay Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Daily interaction with patients; most of the people I worked with were very nice.

Cons

Lousy pay & benefits, no opportunity for advancement, half-assed implementation of company-wide initiatives (Kaizan, for example -- an enormous waste of time, energy, and resources), extremely poor communication. Mediocrity is not just tolerated but encouraged; innovation is discouraged. There is an unfortunate amount of small town pettiness and duplicitousness as well. I left voluntarily -- I loved the patients and most...

Advice to Management

Walk your talk. Model the behavior you want to see within your organization.

Penobscot Bay Medical Center2015-10-29
  3. "Acceptable though not exceptional"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Penobscot Bay Medical Center part-time for less than a year

Pros

Fair pay for the state average, friendly scheduling staff, friendly and helpful HR and Employee Health, available specialty nurses for infection control, safety, and wound care.

Cons

Lack of innovation, lagging behind in Evidence-based nursing practice, many shortcomings in infection prevention and ADLs (there are CNAs helping but few of my patients have brushed their teeth for days), no transporters, poor benefits.

Advice to Management

Increase benefits package, provide clear explanation of incremental raises, add a supervisor specifically for CNAs and PCTs, provide more ongoing education available to all nurses, more supervision and review of aseptic technique and infection prevention, education on simple products like IV maintenance (nurses remove the clamp thinking this makes things easier but it increases blood backwash and clotting the line)

Penobscot Bay Medical Center2016-03-03