Penske Automotive Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Roger S. Penske

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great company, great environment and most importantly, great people (in 9 reviews)

• Lots of opportunities for growth (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • All employees are overworked and underpaid; no work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Long hours, not much work life balance (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best in the Business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blackwood, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blackwood, NJ

I have been working at Penske Automotive Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Penske is all about ensuring employees are included in the growth of the company, and building strong relationships with our customers. Sales, service, or otherwise, the focus is on making sure customers and employer's alike are satisfied.

Cons

If you are not a go-getter with a friendly outgoing attitude, you will find this company a challenge to work for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and keep the pay and benefits competitive to attract the next level of team members!

2. "Human Resources"

I have been working at Penske Automotive Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open door policy, great coworkers, committed management to employee growth within, employee reference pay outs, great team building activities.

Cons

There is always need for improvement in everything we do, but not sure of something we can expand on at this point.

3. "Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Penske Automotive Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You work hard and you put your time in the skies the limit. I have been with the company for 15 years and plan on being here another 15!

Cons

Vacation time could be better but still worth working here

4. "Opportunity"

Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Penske Automotive Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for this company for over 15 years. They recognized your hard work and promote from within. It has been an amazing expereince. Looking forward to another 15!

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say.

5. "Great Company with a future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield Hills, MI

I have been working at Penske Automotive Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you are ready to be engaged and believe in everyone works together on the team regardless of position, this is the company for you. Efforts = Results...

Cons

Addresses concerns on timely basis, no cons at the time.

6. "Sale"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Good company and grate atmosphere lots of training and support and good salary.

Cons

You have to invest lots of time

7. "Best Automotive Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Turnersville, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Turnersville, NJ

I have been working at Penske Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is definitely the best automotive company out there to work for! The company offers a positive and structured work environment with a lot of opportunity for career growth and advancement within the company. I have been with the company for just about 2 years and I have nothing but great things to say!

Cons

I don't have any cons!

8. "Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Penske Automotive Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In my 5+ years of experience with Penske, I have felt supported and given opportunities to grow with the company. It's great to feel the support of working for a large company while still having the ability to make an impact on your area of the business. I couldn't be happier with the decision I made years ago to come and work for this company. Great company, great environment and most importantly, great people!

Cons

Be prepared to work hard if you want to be successful!

9. "Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

I have been working at Penske Automotive Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am honored to work for a company that truly cares about their employees. They want to see you succeed and offer the training, support, and tools to make sure
     you flourish in your career. Competitive benefits, flexible hours, and great employee perks on cars and other services are offered. Awesome team mentality and environment.

Cons

Off-site parking which can be inconvenient at times but not a big deal overall.

10. "Finance Manager"

Former Employee - Finance Director in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Finance Director in San Jose, CA

I worked at Penske Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They care about their employees and reward them for their performance. The happiest last 2 years of my work life. I moved on to other opportunities but I wouldn't mind if I ever had the opportunity to come back. If your a good performer they watch the numbers closely so you will standout, be recognized and appreciated. Benefits better then most and standard coverage for our industry.

Cons

Because it's a desirable place to work advancement opportunities can be limited depending on your location. Most people stay long term until they retire, higher positions are filled quickly with many waiting for the opportunity. So it may be awhile for your chance to move up, unless you are willing to relocate or just wait it out. You may be stuck for awhile or indefinitely. If your in sales or finance expect to work long hours, but that's normal in this industry. Benefits offered have high deductibles again standard for our industry.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! The training and support was very helpful in my role. Thank you. Forever grateful and appreciative.