Penske Media Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Penske Media Chairman and CEO Jay Penske
Jay Penske
1 Rating

"Ideal for self-starters and career growth"

Current Employee - Technology in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Penske Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

PMC is probably the best place I've ever worked. It's one of the few places where, although the company is rapidly growing, management still have an open door policy and new ideas are readily welcomed. Success is appreciated and rewarded, and mistakes are justifiably dealt with. Ask forgiveness, not permission is a motto that I truly respect and value here, and has given me the opportunity to develop professionally and personally at a rate I haven't experienced before.

Cons

PMC isn't for everyone - you have to be a self starter and be prepared to be flexible with your role and your day to day job (at least in our area). You need to get stuck in and be really committed to the company and it's success, sometimes without the structure you'd get elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Keep it up - keep encouraging talent and growth and keep building an enjoyable and exciting working environment.

Penske Media2016-01-28
  2. "Quality Corporate"

Current Employee - Technology in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Penske Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very strong business, both fundamentals and advanced. Constantly expanding and making the smart choices. You're not expected to be a "yes man," but you are expected to provide alternatives. Leadership isn't kidding when they say they have an open door policy.

Cons

PMC is what you make of it. You need to thrive in a culture that isn't going to constantly direct you, but instead expect you to own an area and make things happen. Be honest with yourself, most people can't pull that off. This is a major con to some, but is a nominal thing to others. Other cons are standard corporate stuff you get anywhere. Learn to deal with it and make a future for yourself.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and support those that enabled the growth to happen.

Penske Media2016-01-27