Penske Truck Leasing Reviews
59% would recommend to a friend
(1942 total reviews)
74% approve of CEO
Found 1,942 of over 2K reviews
Updated Dec 5, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Constant fighting over jobs between day and night shifts and not being able to work together, poor management in this area." (in 156 reviews)
- "7 day industry resulting in no work life balance" (in 62 reviews)
- "If your manager is an inconsiderate, insulting bully like mine was and you bring your concerns to upper management, upper management will always side with your manager and you’ll be labeled a problem employee." (in 60 reviews)
- "Hours were long and often 6 days a week" (in 51 reviews)
- "Not all managers do a good job communicating or developing their employees." (in 49 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Penske Truck Leasing and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWJul 14, 2023Diesel Technician IICurrent EmployeeCincinnati, OH
Non stressful environment, employees treated very well. Ample opportunity for training and promotion
24/7 shifts means you might end up on a shift you don’t necessarily like
- 5.0Nov 7, 2023Assistant Rental ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearPittsburgh
Hours and benefits are great
Micro management at its finest. Will be stuck on the counter if you plan to stay in current district waiting for a position to open
- 2.0Nov 10, 2023Management TraineeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearEarth City, MO
The pay opportunities are great. High pay, Holiday pay, overtime, on call.
Management is stuck in high school. If they don’t like you, they don’t plan to teach you anything or promote you. Management plays favorites and picks on the ones they don’t like. Days are constantly busy and drowning with customers and calls. Management hides in their offices and doesn’t help. But will find time in the day to constantly tear you down about how bad everyone is doing and 100 more tasks you need to complete. Your manager can be gone 3 times a week for appointments and everything else. But you are expected to work weekends and evening shifts on a dime with no exceptions. You are also not told this whatsoever when you are hired! I hate working here with a passion. Everyday I go home so angry and cry. The only thing positive is the paycheck.2
- 1.0Nov 11, 2023Customer Service Representative (CSR)Former Employee, more than 1 yearLadson, SC
Somewhat decent pay Employee Truck Rentals
Management takes all the credit. Be prepared for overtime to be cut completely. They gaslight you and make you feel inadequate so you won’t feel capable of going somewhere else. Inability to submit workers comp paperwork. Instead of engaging with you, they’d rather gossip with your coworkers to get the answers to their problems. Accommodations are nonexistent. Be prepared to work a shift by yourself even though there’s supposed to be 2 CSRs per shift. Management uses “any other tasks as assigned by your supervisor” religiously. Want a raise? Nope Want growth? You’re funny for wanting that.
- 2.0Dec 1, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 8 years
Pay is good and your job is fairly secure.
District Managers have too much control. If they were qualified it would be ok, but some are simply salesman who sell a product that sells itself so no real talent is needed.
- 2.0Jul 7, 2023Roadside Assistance CoordinatorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearGreen Hills, PA
work from home is a plus
you have a little son no contact or support with management unless they are calling you to do a review but when you have questions no one is available to assist or give support if a client calls and asked to speak to a manager no one will want to speak to them they give you PTO, but have a very strict policy that hinders you from actually using the PTO they are very strict with attendance which is expected, but calling out for the doctors with a note it’s still not accepted they tell you that it’s a four day a week 10 1/2 hour job but they will have mandatory overtime every month even though they tell you it’s not every month it is every month so you’re basically working five days a week for about 50 hours they don’t raise pay often they don’t promote often management is condescending actively looking for another job and also if you don’t do the overtime the pay is definitely not worth it. You’d be better off getting a lower stress less demanding job somewhere else. I want to have a coworker message me on Teams saying that she needed to vent about how stress this job makes her and how she feels trapped a person I’ve never spoken to you before but we have such a little support that was her only outlet
- 2.0Dec 5, 2023Assistant Rental ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAtlanta, GA
PTO, Sick Days and rotating schedule.
Fake culture of inclusion, disorganized and upper management only looking out for themselves.
- 4.0Dec 4, 2023Staffing CoordinatorFormer EmployeeReading, PA
Depending on the department, you can find some really top-notch colleagues at Penske. Great company culture, decent training, consistent employee recognition, promotional opportunities.
They tend to low-ball salaries
- 4.0Nov 29, 2023Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsReading, PA
The office life was really great. They did a lot of small parties and appreciation activities. The work was fairly easy and they rewarded you if you got your work done.
Office politics sucked. They would ask your opinion about a procedure and then never do what you suggested.
- 3.0Dec 5, 2023Maintenance SupervisorFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsWest Palm Beach, FL
Good Benefits, Fast Paced, Experience something different everyday
Very Busy, Customer Service, Customers are very rude
Penske Truck Leasing Reviews FAQs
Penske Truck Leasing has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 2,116 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at Penske Truck Leasing to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
59% of Penske Truck Leasing employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Penske Truck Leasing 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.