Pentair Employee Reviews about "pentair"

Updated Oct 28, 2021

Found 43 of over 876 reviews

3.8
Pentair Chief Executive Officer John Stauch
John Stauch

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and easy(in 79 reviews)
  • "good benefits and people to work with(in 58 reviews)
  • "Good pay and the union is fairly decent.(in 39 reviews)
  • "Working hard to create a good culture.(in 21 reviews)
  • "Good work environment(in 18 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management and not enough follow through!(in 49 reviews)
  • "Upper management is detached from business(in 15 reviews)
  • "existent with current leadership since they haven't spent time in this market to develop market understanding.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Many layoffs have made the work environment trying a times.(in 8 reviews)
  • "If I wasn't in the office to help her do her job, she would complain to our direct manager that I didn't help her & that I was never around!(in 8 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Pentair and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "pentair"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A Mission and Culture You Can Stand Behind

Sep 26, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pentair's culture is second to none. Compared to companies I have worked at previously, the employees here make a daily effort to adhere to Pentair's culture and mission. A large focus is placed on Pentair's Win Right Values, each employee participates in culture training and leave the sessions equipped with tools and methods to positively navigate through their individual career as well as Pentair. Innovation is valued and different outlooks and ways of thinking are appreciated. As a global company there are many opportunities to work with partners in different countries.

Cons

I'm surprised to read many of the reviews on this page. While I do feel that Pentair does seem to reorganize and change frequently, it has challenged me to remain flexible with my workstyle, a trait I'm appreciative to learn in my career. There does seem to be a "new" Pentair culture and an "old" Pentair culture. With the spin, many new faces and ideas joined Pentair. Sometimes it seems a bit difficult to change processes or ideas without hitting barriers set by the "old" way of doing things. It's important that we as a company continue to challenge ourselves. Additionally, we do run lean, which can cause issues with work/life balances. This seems to affect some functions more than others.

6 people found this review helpful

Recruiting Operations Specialist

Thank you for your review! At Pentair, our Win Right values are the foundation for our company and shape how we do business and treat one another. We appreciate your feedback, and for your contributions to Pentair!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Good work culture

Sep 8, 2021 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pentair has one of the best work cultures I've seen, at least at the front office. There are a lot of talented, driven people in the organization. Overall, leadership has handled Coronavirus protocol changes well.

Cons

- Beaurocracy can get in the way of releasing products - Worker satisfaction can vary depending on the role or plant

1 person found this review helpful

3. 4.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Fun experience

Oct 28, 2021 - Packaging Engineer Co-Op
    Business Outlook

Pros

Visited manufacturers sites and other Pentair branches

Cons

Not much work to do

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for your review! At Pentair, we strive to create a positive work environment for all employees. We appreciate your feedback, and for your contributions to Pentair!

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great company to learn and grow in.

Mar 16, 2021 - Value Stream Manager in Delavan, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been provided a great deal of opportunity to learn and grow at Pentair.

Cons

Business comes with great challenges.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for your review! At Pentair, we are committed to delivering smart, sustainable water solutions to homes and businesses around the world. We appreciate your feedback, and for your contributions to Pentair!

5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Rightsize? Downsize? Restructure? The 'GE Model' is no longer relevant.

Apr 30, 2013 - Product Manager in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tyco Thermal Controls was an acquisition of Pentair in October 2012. TTC was an excellent company with literally the best products in the world. Mature and well run business model. Really talented people. Excellent resources.

Cons

The period from 1 October through the 11 February layoff of 82 people worldwide was the most dysfuntional period I had seen in over 33 years of business. If you weren't looking over your shoulder you were wondering what Pentair had planned for the future. Communication was virtually non-existent and management representaives on the Global Leadership Team excelled at obsfuscation and mid-direction. A true disservice to shareholders, stakeholders and vendors. It will take decades to build loyalty. Please note that I was among the 82 laid off. Intelectually I can understand it. From a business and PR standbpoint a disaster. It would not have been so bad if they knew what I did and was underperforming. I was 'tagged' in a spreadsheet. A great euphamism for today's short-term mentality. Really good people are going through the motions and spending more time on a daily basis polishing resumes and updating Linked In profiles than doing actual work.

8 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

A culture that lets you grow

Apr 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

GREAT work life balance Leaders are focused on coaching/teaching instead of delegating Good visibility with the c-suite The new Pentair is based on our win right values and focuses on balancing accountability with empathy for others. Really great place to start off your career. I've never experienced the coaching and opportunity Pentair offers at other companies.

Cons

We are a lean organization, sometimes we run VERY lean.

13 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Pentair's EP Plant has nice people and a provides a clean safe place to work.

Feb 4, 2014 - Manufacturing Engineering Intern in Anoka, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pentair has a number of processes that provide a good learning experience for any new engineer to the game. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a good job in manufacturing. All the people, from the factory operators all the way up to management, are nice approachable people, who are willing to help you and production in any way they can.

Cons

The downside to working in a plant that is definitely process advanced is that you will work at other places and realize how good you had it at Pentair. On the other side, it provides a good reference from systems and processes to implement anywhere you work forthcoming.

8. 4.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Fantastic Company

Oct 7, 2014 - Design Engineer in Stafford, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pentair does a good job of getting you work immediately. This is a lean company and has a lot of room for growth and opportunity. There is an open door policy and everyone is always so inclusive. Joining Pentair is like joining a family of people who have the same goal in mind.

Cons

There was a lack of training. It was almost as if they threw you into the pool and told you to swim before actually teaching you how to swim. There was not much preparation for a new employee. It took almost a week to get my laptop and even longer to get my phone and business cards.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people and a worthwhile mission

Aug 26, 2019 - Scientist in Saint Paul, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The "new" Pentair is still getting on its feet and finding direction after the Invent divestiture. At least some of upper management have a true desire to foster innovation and become a genuine technology development powerhouse with a focus on water and water treatment. We'll see if the shareholders are patient enough to let a fledgling R&D program bear fruit. There are very smart people working here, and it's a great place to learn a lot about the water treatment industry. Very diverse technical fields apply, I learn something new every day.

Cons

The organization can feel somewhat chaotic, rearranging day to day.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are glad that you enjoy working for Pentair and are very grateful to have you!

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Distrustful

May 9, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pentair is really into Lean Manufacturing and will invest in their employees to ensure all are fully trained. Consultants will come in quarterly to check on operations and make sure they are going down the right path to focus on MMF, CCF, PFEP, Standard Work, 5S, etc. Very metric and visual in each department.

Cons

Revolving door in upper management, director level and up. Makes it almost impossible to make long term improvements with constant change in bosses. All about making the numbers monthly and will play games to make the numbers, just to do it all over again next month without fixing the actual issue. Short staffed in all areas due to layoffs or the strong people jumping ship. No support from IT due to lack of resources.

1 person found this review helpful