KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Pentair

Engaged Employer

Pentair

Add a Review

Pentair Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jul 30, 2020

Found 37 of over 825 reviews

3.7
Pentair Chief Executive Officer John Stauch
John Stauch
Pros
  • "Management cares about its workers and takes care to hire good people(in 43 reviews)

• "Nice international people, normally a good work environment(in 41 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Hard to get any traction on large projects with upper management always changing(in 19 reviews)

• "Limitations that are similar to most Manufacturing environments, but they try hard to treat employees like people with good work-life balance(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Pentair and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

great place to work and great culture

Jun 2, 2020 - Assembly Line Worker in Delavan, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

great culture and work life balance

Cons

no cons to share about this company

Recruiting Operations Specialist

Thank you for your review! At Pentair, our Win Right values are the foundation for our company and shape how we do business and treat one another. We appreciate your feedback, and for your contributions to Pentair!

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Good Ole Boy Network

Apr 30, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- work life balance - no accountability for performance - pay and bonuses - lax expense report rules for management

Cons

- the ever changing organization structure - lip service regarding winning right when they stop paying suppliers in September - no organic growth

3 people found this review helpful

Recruiting Operations Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Pentair has undergone several transformative changes in recent years to emerge as a pure-play water company, and worked hard to be transparent and minimize the impact of these changes with employees as much as possible. We understand this was not your experience, and appreciate your candid review. We are committed to continuous improvement, and would like to hear more from you. Please contact us at careers@pentair.com at your convenience.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company - two Brookfield Locations

Mar 12, 2020 - Professional Staff in Brookfield, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are two Brookfield locations; one with professional staff and the other that is a manufacturing site (assembly, machine shop, etc.), so read the reviews carefully to understand which is which. I work at the Manufacturing site, where management team is consistently looking to improve the employee experience and treat employees like individuals.

Cons

Limitations that are similar to most Manufacturing environments, but they try hard to treat employees like people with good work-life balance. Examples include two weeks of vacation, five days of sick time, ten paid holidays, really competitive benefits plan, paid family leave, and a lot more development opportunities than I would have expected!

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to learn a lot

Jul 30, 2020 - Senior Product Engineer in Delavan, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good fellow engineers Dedicated factory workers Great work life balance

Cons

Processes not well defined nor followed No way up the ladder

Recruiting Operations Specialist

Thank you for your review! At Pentair, we strive to create a positive work environment for all employees. We appreciate your feedback, and for your contributions to Pentair!

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overall good company

Mar 20, 2020 - Outside Sales Engineer in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work- life balance and benefits.

Cons

Overall plan for growth.

Recruiting Operations Specialist

Thank you for your review! At Pentair, we strive to create a positive work environment for all employees. We appreciate your feedback!

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

New Brighton Facility

Aug 8, 2019 - Production Analyst in New Brighton, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and benefits are competitive, often get tickets to local sporting events.

Cons

Work-life balance is tilted heavily towards work, recent cuts in staff have led to a "do more with less" mentality. Sales makes all of the decisions, operations and engineering are left to pick up the pieces and bear the lion's share of the workload. Morale on the production floor is low at best.

2 people found this review helpful

Recruiting Operations Specialist

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. At Pentair, we strive to provide a positive work environment for all employees and are sorry to hear this does not reflect your current experience. Please reach out to us at careers@pentair.com - we would like to hear more about your experience.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

A culture that lets you grow

Apr 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

GREAT work life balance Leaders are focused on coaching/teaching instead of delegating Good visibility with the c-suite The new Pentair is based on our win right values and focuses on balancing accountability with empathy for others. Really great place to start off your career. I've never experienced the coaching and opportunity Pentair offers at other companies.

Cons

We are a lean organization, sometimes we run VERY lean.

13 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Team, Great Products

Aug 3, 2017 - Global Product Manager in Solon, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are great - smart, hard working, team players. CADDY product line is strong, with incredible brand loyalty. Although we've had many corporate changes lately, it's a positive culture with healthy work/life balance. Innovation, creativity, collaboration and hard work are the legacy of this company, and continue today.

Cons

Systems are older. Many tasks are manual that could be automated.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Managers Lie to Employees and Zero Flexability

Sep 25, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Anoka, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company has been around for awhile, I enjoy my coworkers

Cons

What I was told I would be doing for the job vs discription is not lineing up. They also do not believe in work life balance and require Salary employees to work 45+ hours each week but refuse to allow hourly people who work the same type of job have over time. They do not care about their employees, HR will not support you when you have an issue and Managers will lie to your face on multiple issues.

5 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

IT Analyst

Apr 25, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the most dedicated, hard-working people I've ever worked with in many areas of the corporate offices. A high performance organization if there ever was one. Many reminders to succeed by doing the right thing.

Cons

High expectations translates into not much of the work-life balance thing. Even on days off you were somewhat expected to be available for questions or emergencies.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 Reviews