People’s Trust Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
George W. Schaeffer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Deerfield Beach, FL

I have been working at People’s Trust full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice office building, great benefits including competitive compensation, 401K, insurance, paid holidays and PTO. They seem to really care about the employees' well-being. Good work/life balance. Challenging yet rewarding work environment.

Cons

The office is a bit far from restaurants but it's not too big of a deal since there are plenty of apps to order from these days.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive morale and continue to reward great work!

2. "Great place to work with much opportunity and potential for growth!"

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing
    Current Employee - Sales & Marketing

I have been working at People’s Trust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Been very happy working with great people. Senior management is focused on our well-being and the growth of the company. There are many opportunities to make a difference and make a big impact to the organization. Overall, the company embraces change and is willing to continue to improve.

Cons

No real cons. Work hard and smart to enjoy it.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating and listening! Looking forward to growing the company.

"Marketing"

I have been working at People’s Trust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company with a lot of smart, hard-working people. The CEO is very open to employee suggestions and feedback and the compensation is between very fair to generous. He is very passionate and compassionate, and the leadership team takes his lead. Great 401K match and good vacation and health plan. The environment is collaborative and the bar is high for achievement, so if you like working, are good at your job and like being around smart people, it's a great place to work!

Cons

The people who are unhappy here are people not willing to work hard. If you are lazy or not smart, it's not the place for you. Also, because it's a Florida home insurance company, there is a lot of change - so if you don't like change, this is also not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees, it's very appreciated! Also, keep communicating. A little communication goes a long way!

"sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Deerfield Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Deerfield Beach, FL

I have been working at People’s Trust full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

3 week PTO if you've been with the company for 4 years, 401k Matching

Cons

lack of communication between departments, lay offs and job instability.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with more respect. Act like you want us here.

"Great place with questionable internal processes."

I worked at People’s Trust full-time

Pros

New building with clean facilities and large open space; coffee/tea/hot cocoa/soda/frozen yogurt at abundance with cafeteria on site; live plants on nearly all cubicles and in the corners; beautifully decorated walls and offices with diverse art from all over the world - the space itself is a pleasure to be in. Company hosted an amazing end of year holiday family style event, one of the best I`ve attended. Lots of perks, like laptops for children of employees, emergency finical assistance, modern hardware etc. The CEO and his wife seems to be sincerely involved in company`s life. Kudos to them.

Cons

My experience working at People`s Trust was not bad, our team definitely needed more structure, clear guidance, proper training, professionals and better implementation of industry standards but this is expected from young, growing company. Everything was ok until I came face to face with strew of layoffs, which affected several departments. The company suffered financial loss due to recent nature disasters and I guess there was need in force reduction. As we all employed at-will (At-will employment is a relationship in which an employee can be dismissed by an employer for any reason) you would think a simple "Sorry, we have to let you go" would do but not in this case. After receiving positive annual reviews, employees, including longtime, dedicated and knowledgeable individuals, were fired due to "poor performance" based on test results, that were given to them without any warning, adequate time to prepare or chance to improve. Suddenly leaving people not only out of work, but also degraded, ashamed, frustrated and ineligible for unemployment benefits (cause of job loss must be at no fault to employee).
    Why go through such a scheme?
    Oh, right, no severance packages needed for terminated employees.
    I`ve reached out to HR for help but got the same person (conflict of interests?) who conducted termination also working on my case, which subsequently was closed with inconsistent to actual termination reason: employment was on at-will basis.
    You could've start and end with that reason.

Advice to Management

Implement termination processes of your employees in the dignified way; have compassion and show kindness.

"poor management"

Former Employee - Licensed Customer Service Representative in Deerfield Beach, FL

I worked at People’s Trust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and good pay

Cons

There is too much office gossip

Advice to Management

Need to also work the front lines to understand and get experience.... most of management have no prior experience in the Insurance field and do not support the front line employees or understand the stress

"Great company but..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL

I worked at People’s Trust full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are ok, PTO is great. Free lunch/breakfast often. Company has soda fountains and frozen yogurt.

Cons

Upward mobility limited.
    Nepotism rampant with the company.
    Ethics policy not equally enforced within the company.

Advice to Management

Say no to "yes men" there is no buy in from departments or sanity checks within departments. There are persons making decisions with little to no knowledge of the business.

People’s Trust Response

Jan 11, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

As a company that prides itself on ethics and values focused on integrity and equality, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with your experience as a People's Trust employee. We would... More

"Dead end job"

Former Employee - Sales in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Deerfield Beach, FL

I worked at People’s Trust full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company under its previous owner used to be fair to its employee's. Since George Schaffer has taken over the company has taken a terrible turn. George is a out of touch billionaire who is running this company as a hobby. He uses the income that he has has cut from his employees to remodel the office building. The sales departments commission alone was cut by almost 50%. His reasoning is that "I will run my business the way I want". George has fired almost all of the people who built this company over the last 8 years. Anyone who has opposed him has been fired. You are micro managed by people who are afraid of being fired so they put blame on the employees below them. It's like rats scrambling on a sinking ship. To top it off, this year there will be no Holiday bonuses for the first time in the companies history. All of this from a billionaire. Stay away from this sinking ship.

Cons

Everything mentioned above. No advancement. STAY AWAY

Advice to Management

Find a new owner or find a new job.

People’s Trust Response

Dec 16, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

It’s the people of People’s Trust Insurance – our employees – whose incredible work across the state has made it possible for us to grow to be a Top 10 home insurance provider in Florida. People's... More

9. "A pleasure to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Lead in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Team Lead in Deerfield Beach, FL

I have been working at People’s Trust full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We work for an employer that firmly believes in Family, Food, Fairness & a Fun Future which makes for a great work environment and encourages the employees to produce at a higher rate.

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say about this company.

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL

I have been working at People’s Trust full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Collaborative management team
    - Team-environment,
    -Fun perks for employees- free yogurt, soda
    - Suggestion Box monitored and read by CEO

Cons

-Commuting
    - Gossip
    - Long Walk from Parking Lot