PeopleAdmin Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jack Blaha

Pros
  • Great people and products, cool office with occasional free food (in 7 reviews)

• The new leadership team has restored my faith in our mission - helping to positively impact student outcomes (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • He wants to create that perfect work-life balance (in 5 reviews)

• So please take the reviews with a grain of salt (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Love this place"

Current Employee - Engineer in Mission, KS
    Current Employee - Engineer in Mission, KS

I have been working at PeopleAdmin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are wonderful. They do an excellent job making you feel welcome. Free thought and process are welcome, if you do good work they will continue to let you push forward using a 80 - 20 model. 80% what you do, and 20% what you want to learn. Your drive and ambition are the only thing holding you back from doing what you would like to do at PeopleAdmin. Technologically they are a mixed bag, but the leadership is great.

Cons

Lots of cost cutting measures have been put in place. People who have worked there for years are leaving. They need a good boost of confidence to their employees. I think the CEO change is positive, however.

Feb 23, 2017 – Talent Team Lead

We are always happy to hear that our staff is enjoying their experience here at PeopleAdmin. We do understand your concerns with cost cutting but hope that moving forward you see great things ... More

"Turning the Corner..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at PeopleAdmin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Great people
    *New leadership seems to be turning the corner
    *Good compensation structure
    *Meaningful mission in supporting educational institutions

Cons

*Rough last few years in absorbing acquisitions and changing org structure.
    *Health benefit plans could be better

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the customer and employees and continue to build a stable long term company. Continue to work and establish a more favorable culture.

Feb 23, 2017 – Talent Team Lead

We are happy to hear that the changes we have been making are positively impacting our staff. We continue to put a great deal of focus into our employees and culture. The roll-out of our new core ... More

"Uncertain Times"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at PeopleAdmin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free snacks and drinks, monthly activities. decent benefits

Cons

So much change has happened within the last year it's hard to keep up. Things haven't been great since all of the acquisitions have occurred, and it appears that things are at its worst with the recent departure of our CEO and COO. Time will time has things will pan out but there is so much turnover occurring right now that it's hard to stay motivated.

Advice to Management

Do what you can to reassure the remaining employees you have. Things have been so quiet from upper leadership despite all of the change that it feels like you don't really care how we feel about anything.

"Fast growth causing many layoffs"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at PeopleAdmin (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast paced growth provides opportunity for advancement. Nice office

Cons

Once PA was purchased by a VC they began rapid growth through acquisitions. This was followed by a series of layoffs. The fun environment has changed to a more watch your back and hope you are not next on the "restructuring" list. Many very good people have left or been let go.

Advice to Management

None. I think this is the business model for Vista and it will probably allow them to sell for a profit in a few years. I just wish they didn't have to let so many people go in the process.

Jan 6, 2017 – Talent Team Lead

Thank you for your tenure at PeopleAdmin and your feedback. Being a part of a private equity firm brings many great benefits and best practices to our organization. As is common when you are a part ... More

"55-60 Hours Per Week? No Thanks!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

New office and nice co-workers, though I found that isn't too rare here in Austin... :)

Cons

I was clearly told the expectation for my position was about 45-50 hrs/week. After about 2-3 weeks, I was having to work 55-60 just to get the bare minimum done that was asked of me, not including regular late-night emails and more than the occasional weekend day. Everyday I left with more on my to-do list than when I came in. The crazy hours were always sold as "temporary" but there was no end and very little appreciation.

FYI, I worked in accounting/finance.

"Very uncertain environment and it is causing turnover."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

I worked at PeopleAdmin (More than a year)

Pros

Very nice people to work with, free drinks and sometimes they have work events that are fun. Unlimited PTO and free stuff.

Cons

Very high turnover. A sense of uncertainty that makes you question job security. It is a popularity contest for promotions and politics are definitely a thing. No consistency with employees leading to customer dissatisfaction and bigger workloads for employees. Wouldn't want to start a job here until the new CEO proves he can rescue this company.

Advice to Management

Transparency, and maybe not a good idea to laugh in a meeting after laying off 10% of the staff HR.

Dec 28, 2016 – Talent Team Lead

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience at PeopleAdmin. We appreciate your hard work and time at PeopleAdmin. PeopleAdmin always strives to be a great place to work and we ... More

"Rescind Your Application ... Immediately"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at PeopleAdmin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PTO policy is excellent, but be prepared to bring your laptop with you and check in periodically even if you aren't at the ELT level.

PeopleAdmin has employed some of the brightest individuals I've ever met and I've learned so much from them. It's a shame the company let most of them walk out the door without much of a fight.

I'd love to continue on with the list of Pros but sadly, there are none.

Cons

As is the case with Yelp reviews, you're urged to take criticism with a grain of salt. Fair enough. But this goes beyond that. The negative reviews are not necessarily from disgruntled employees but from those who feel overworked and under appreciated. The "work hard, play hard" mantra is good in theory but it's at the expense of your home life. You can "play hard" at 60 hours a week, but management thinks - well, why not 70? You're not rewarded or praised for busting your butt at PeopleAdmin. You're questioned as to why you couldn't give more.

The office is currently going through a remodel and employees are crammed into a temporary space until October. Initial promises of a rotating schedule and WFH policy were almost immediately squashed due to management's lack of trust in the work being done outside of the office. Oh, you don't trust your loyal employees? That's... disheartening. I'd love to see the numbers on employee turnover since moving into the temporary space.

I've watched customers be absolutely over the moon about PA several years ago to be downright disappointed with the current level of support and product capabilities. It's hard to be a champion for the company you work for when your customers would rather go back to processing paper applications instead of renewing their contract.

Please don't buy into the positive reviews. Anyone can write something positive with the incentive of keeping their job.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately you're still operating under the thought that everyone is replaceable. I've heard "all we need is a body in a seat" and honestly? It's incredibly disappointing to know you'll let talented, valuable employees walk out the door in favor of hiring someone else at a lower price point who isn't as invested in the company.

Get a handle on employee morale, producing a product your customers take pride in, and stop bleeding money at the blink of an eye. Maybe PA can still be salvaged.

"Post Acquisition"

Former Employee - MDR in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - MDR in Overland Park, KS

I worked at PeopleAdmin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Joined Netchemia for the great culture and opportunity. Made great sales due to amazing mentor.

Cons

Company culture went downhill fast after PeopleAdmin and private equity firm bought us.

"Great so far"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

Pros

I doing what I want in a very flexible environment

Cons

Need better communication between campuses
    Need a solid roadmap for the product.

"What an incredible place to work, laugh, and grow professionally."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Shawnee, KS
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Shawnee, KS

I have been working at PeopleAdmin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having been an entrepreneur in all of my previous endeavors, I was worried that I'd have trouble adapting to the "corporate environment," especially because PeopleAdmin is a Vista Equity Partners company. WORRIES BE DAMNED, this place is extraordinary. Management is incredibly in tune with the needs of employees, and is quick to change directions when the market calls for it. I've been given amble opportunity to stretch myself professionally, and have even been offered a promotion completely based on performance.

Cons

Hardly a con, but as is the case in any sales organization, you've got to produce at a high level. All of the tools and resources are available, and the quotas are heavily adjusted for new sales people. The expectations are attainable.

Compensation is a little below market compared to other SaaS companies, but the opportunity for advancement is especially large because of the Vista Equity Partner companies.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work on listening to your people and to your customers. Change can be scary, and many shy away from it, but all the change I've seen so far has been positive and the right direction. I'm proud to work at PeopleAdmin!