PeopleAdmin Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 2, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Jack Blaha

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people and products, cool office with occasional free food (in 7 reviews)

• Work life balance and a good mix of culture and individualism (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • He wants to create that perfect work-life balance (in 5 reviews)

• So please take the reviews with a grain of salt (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Headed in the right direction......"

I have been working at PeopleAdmin full-time

Pros

There have been a lot of changes over the past couple years, as many expanding companies experience, but new leadership recognizes it's an opportunity to rebound and grow. It's nice to see that issues are not swept under the rug but addressed.
    Solid technology solutions for customers.
    Lots of resources for continued learning and promoting from within. Work life balance and a good mix of culture and individualism.

Cons

Not as much team and cross functional collaboration as I'd like to see.
    Sometimes it's dark in the office (not sure if this is an engineering preference or not). Values/Reward system is a bit convoluted.

Advice to Management

Ask employees to give input on building a better culture. It doesn't happen overnight and certainly not always from the top down. Promote more cross functional colloboration!!!!

Oct 25, 2017 – HR Coordinator

We are happy to hear that the changes PA is making are having a positive impact on our employees. We are focused on making sure employee issues are not only being heard, but also being addressed... More

2. "Great Company, Great Mission"

Former Employee - Market Development Manager in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Market Development Manager in Kansas City, KS

I worked at PeopleAdmin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Number one Pro: The People! The culture at PeopleAdmin is fantastic. Company is filled with smart, energetic, passionate and fun people. A very close second is the company's focus. The goal is to help our future generations by enabling school districts and universities to hire and retain the best talent. You just don't get much more noble than that and everyone that works there really seems to believe deeply in this and it shows on a daily basis.

Cons

While communication between departments drastically improved during my time with the company, it can still continue to get better, but I would say that is true wherever you are.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on culture and improved communication. The ELT could stand to give a little bit more public praise when an individual, or more importantly a team, over performs.

Nov 8, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time at PeopleAdmin! We especially appreciate your feedback on the amazing people who work at PA and your passion behind our... More

3. "Sales - Culture is constantly changing"

I worked at PeopleAdmin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some co-workers really care about customers
    Some investments in remote employees help and are appreciated

Cons

While the company consistently misses sales targets the management plays politics and favorites with territory and quota

If you aren't a director or manager you can feel incredibly out of the loop

Advice to Management

360 reviews would be eye opening

Transparency into how we stack up to competition

Oct 31, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for providing feedback about your time with PeopleAdmin, we greatly appreciate your insight. Within our sales organization, we strive to have a fair standard across the department. In order... More

4. "Things are busy, Not Bad"

Current Employee - Technical Customer Success Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Customer Success Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at PeopleAdmin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great work environment
    - Fantastic culture
    - Ping pong on lunch breaks
    - Opportunity for growth

Cons

- High workload
    - Busy upper management

Advice to Management

Keep pushing in the direction that you're pushing. Thing's will be really rough for a while with all the acquisitions but if you keep working to build a strong team, it will all slow down and will be smooth sailing for everyone.

If you are lucky enough to get a job offer, you should definitely accept it, this company has nowhere to go but up.

Oct 25, 2017 – HR Coordinator

We are always happy to hear that our employees are enjoying their experience here at PeopleAdmin! Providing the best possible work environment is extremely important to us. We are always open to... More

"Think twice"

Former Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at PeopleAdmin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay, nice office space, intelligent co-workers

Cons

Little training, poor communication with management and across departments, lack of customer focus in decision making, unrealistic workload

Oct 25, 2017 – HR Coordinator

We appreciate you providing feedback about your time with PeopleAdmin. Employee training, effective workplace communication, and a continual focus on our customers are all very important to the... More

6. "Headed in a good direction"

I have been working at PeopleAdmin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, Profit Sharing, Unlimited PTO.

Cons

Organization is shedding its skin, so there will be some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the bigger picture.

Oct 25, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for providing feedback! We are always happy to hear that our company is moving in a good direction. With change comes some growing pains, but it is encouraging to hear that we are moving... More

"Cares more about corpaorate philosophy / best practices than customers and employees"

I worked at PeopleAdmin full-time

Pros

Nice office spaces, leading products, quality training programs, fair compensation, culture diversity, good environment for young employees

Cons

They are a shell of what they once were before all of the acquisition. There are only a couple of leaders left from ANY of the companies who were acquired as the company was growing. They don't know the market. Many of the execs are frauds.

Low regard for market-relevant experience of tenured employees, more talk than action with regard to focus on customer experience, most members of executive leadership team known to be hard to like, questionable internal ethics

Advice to Management

Tell the truth to customers and employees, cultivate team members with market-relevant experience, use customers to gain insight into product needs,

"Sales Department"

I worked at PeopleAdmin full-time

Pros

+ PeopleAdmin has a nice office setup besides open seating
    + The people you work with were fantastic. MDR's, ISR's, AE's, CSM, Engineers
    + Training is fairly good
    + Get snacks

Cons

- Look at the pros and that will let you know a lot of cons are to follow
    - Micro-managed
    - A lot of quotas are not attainable
    - Not a lot of room for growth
    - Hard market to sell in
    - Not a lot of innovation with products
    - High turnover
    - Onboarding process needs a lot of improvement
    - Constantly worried about performance when territory is very limited
    - If calls or quotas weren't met by the end of the month regardless of meetings set or goals reached, you would get commissions deducted from your paycheck depending on % of calls missed.

Advice to Management

When I first started working the environment was great! Then it started to take a turn and I could tell there were a lot of bad times coming. Started to get micro managed and morale took a big dip around the office. A lot of people are looking for new opportunities at other companies. Focus is retaining customers but it's hard for the company to retain employees.

"Things are NOT Getting Better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at PeopleAdmin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many departments will get to work-from-home 3-4 days per week.

Cons

I noticed a lot of recent 5-star "sunshine and rainbows" reviews on here and thought it was odd until my manager mentioned that senior management had "strongly encouraged" managers to leave (fake) positive reviews to combat sub-par ratings. This didn't sit well with me. The management and culture has been steadily declining for a year now. Every month or two when things hit a new low, management tries to rally morale by claiming they are doing x, y, and z, and that will make everything better. Most managers, directors, and VPs have all been replaced in the last year so it's the same empty promise from a new face.

Advice to Management

Instead of leaving fake positive reviews, leave employees wanting to post positive reviews. You've got A LOT of work to do.

"Better companies in KC to work for..."

Former Employee - Regional Account Executive in Shawnee, KS
    Former Employee - Regional Account Executive in Shawnee, KS

I worked at PeopleAdmin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good market share in K12, relatively good product offering .

Cons

Leadership is in turmoil. Ever since Vista acquired that company, they have been unable to get inter-departmental communication right. They add processes for the sake of processes, not because they're going to help sell more or better serve the customer. Department heads have no idea what others are doing, and don't care to ask because the goals they are given are so astronomical.

They treat the sales team like garbage, and are constantly looking for ways to reduce compensation and increase quotas.

Oh, and the nature of the market is heavily saturated. The school districts that aren't already utilizing a solution are too small to care (or afford) a solution.

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics. Communicate, and make your people know that they are truly valued, not just a number that can be replaced. And it's time to re-evaluate your sales compensation model. It's a very competitive landscape for top tech talent in KC, and you're way behind the curve.