PeopleFluent Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Charles S. Jones

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There is absolutely no sense of work/life balance what so ever (in 4 reviews)

• No cons, however, PeopleFluent is a fast-paced, busy company so you must be willing to work hard in order to succeed (in 5 reviews)

"Stop writing fake reviews"

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time

Pros

-Good software products
    -Get to work with some nice people

Cons

-Lack of growth opportunities
    -Lack of training
    -CEO (literally throws tantrums)
    -Gloomy office environment

Advice to Management

Stop writing fake reviews and earn them through investing in your employees -you could start by replacing your narcissistic CEO. It would be nice if HR could elaborate on how company rating went up almost a full star in about a month.

Oct 25, 2017 – Director Human Resources

We’re excited that our employees are speaking out about the company and that our rating has improved, but we don’t control feedback. It’s not surprising that people are speaking up. This is where... More

"Poor leadership, strategy, direction. No growth opportunities (assuming you don't get laid off)."

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance (9-5 office schedule; no one's burning the midnight oil and expecting everyone else to do the same). Reasonable pay, average benefits (except horrible maternity leave benefits), good amount of PTO/sick time, fitness center on sight, nice people, several free lunches per month.

Cons

Poor leadership, no strategy, direction or goals to work towards (to develop your own role or long-term career). Unexpected lay-off's multiple times per year for junior and senior level positions, and people jumping ship of their own volition regularly. Not enough resources to work effectively. Slow inefficient processes. Very little gratification for working hard and doing well. HR is horrible: not seen as a supportive resource to employees or community building force within the company.

Advice to Management

Figure out what you want this company (and its products) to be when it grows up. Help your employees set goals for the quarter/the year, and help them grow their career over the long-term -- with HR support/benefits/incentives and managers who make that part of their role a priority. Practice what you preach to the market regarding HR best practices and strategy. Hire more resources, or be honest with employees about what's expected/needed, set appropriate expectations and reward hard work.

Jul 21, 2017 – Director Human Resources

It’s true that PeopleFluent has undergone a transformation and we recognize that change can be difficult for some. Those who are resistant to change and/or unwilling to step up and be held... More

"Don't bother!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at PeopleFluent (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home capability. Few nice people.

Cons

Not sure who can find this company so awesome or having a great culture! No work-life balance. No authority to make decisions. A Bullying type atmosphere. Not enough resources. No career growth, found myself still doing the same thing day in and day out despite communicating ideas for improvement to the 4 managers I had through the 3 years I've worked there. Employee retention is an issue. This company is strong in giving bogus titles. Your knowledge, experience, vision won't count. You are only there to execute.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees. Without them this company doesn't exit.

"Data Analytics Consultant"

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not racially and gender biased since this their industry.

Cons

The work environment is very cliquish and provincial.

Advice to Management

Be a little more open minded and encourage more open communication with your employees.

"Account Manager"

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time

Pros

Direct managers are somewhat hands off and not micro-managers.

Cons

No one has any authority to make a decision...or is too scared to make a decision. Things that need approval take far too long. Customers are often unhappy and that makes it a very difficult place to work.

Advice to Management

Empower your managers and employees. Let the people who understand the clients and software give you feedback rather than the other way around. You can't just want to be a successful company. You have to actually do things that are in the interest of the client and not the bottom line. In the end it helps the company more than squeezing out a few dollars in a contract.

"A ship without a rudder"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great technical team and product development group. Options to work remotely, and good health care plan.

Cons

Paralysis by analysis. Executive team is so scared of making a bad decision that they put off making any decision at all. As with many growing organizations communication is lost between silos, departments, and product lines. Charles Jones is by far the worst executive on a personal level that I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with at any organization. He belittles staff regularly and has a complete disregard for his employees as individuals or even human beings.

Advice to Management

Get a CEO who understands software development and cares about employees. The HR software market desperately needs the expertise found at PeopleFluent, you just need to get some forward thinking leaders who can support and develop employees.

Jul 11, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to address a few comments in this post with facts. At the end of last year, the executive team unanimously committed to evaluate our talent using the Power... More

"Sales"

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I liked the people I worked with at the office in Irving. Additionally my supervisors were all great to work with and knew the industry very well.

Cons

Where do I begin...it felt as though the Executive Team was so incredibly out of touch with it's employees. It also doesn't help that they turn CEOs every 8 months or so.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of treating your employees well. It felt like often times decisions were made out of emotion without any logic or reasoning behind them. This advice goes out more to the Executive Team than anyone else.

Jun 2, 2016

Thank you for your post. It’s not always easy to share the facts and logic behind every decision being made in a rapidly changing organization. It’s unfortunate that you believe these decisions are... More

"Reinvest and Focus on Employee Morale"

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time

Pros

I have learned a lot during my tenure due to some amazing talent that I had the pleasure to work with. Benefits are fairly good, though not on par with most technology companies. The new HR team is trying to change the corporate culture. Work/Life balance can be great, depending on your manager.

Cons

Much of that amazing talent has left the company and employee retention is an issue. Advancement is limited. Lay offs are a regular occurrence, which continues to drive low morale.

Advice to Management

Invest in better hardware, technology services, R&D for all products, and most specifically your employees. Treat them with respect and not as numbers. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of you. Make PeopleFluent great again!

Jun 2, 2016

You are correct that PeopleFluent is in the unique position to attract and retain amazing talent. The organization is experiencing rapid change and transformation; we can appreciate that this pace of... More

"Big company doesn't care much about employees"

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Irving, TX

Pros

Good pay and decent benefits.

Cons

Management doesn't seem to care much about employees.

Advice to Management

Learn that employees are one of your biggest assets, and they are not simply drones that can be replaced with other drones when they leave.

"Client Executive"

Current Employee - Client Executive
    Current Employee - Client Executive

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home. Great group of colleagues in the CE organization who will drop everything to help. Director is great to work for and always has our back.

Cons

Where to start. No direction. Endless firedrills. Products don't fully integrate (or work at all in some cases). Large expansion of Sales and Account Management organizations is crumbling due to lack of selling from Account Executives; now leadership is chopping headcount. Nonsensical KPI of 26 client visits per quarter where some CEs don't have 26 clients and those that do have no business reason to conduct that many visits. Most of us just fly to a client site, take them to lunch and mark it down as 2-3 meetings; just to check a box.

This company is collapsing and moral could not be lower.

Advice to Management

Direct Account Executives to focus on new sales and stop screwing up existing customer relationships. Further incent the CEs who actually bring in money for the company.