PeopleFluent Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Charles S. Jones

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There is absolutely no sense of work/life balance what so ever (in 4 reviews)

• No cons, however, PeopleFluent is a fast-paced, busy company so you must be willing to work hard in order to succeed (in 5 reviews)

"Start up atmosphere, combining several smaller companies over time"

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time

Pros

- room for growth: in my experience, suggesting new ways to do things is received well, there are also several opportunities to move around internally.
    - benefits: benefits seem averagely priced, time off policy is good and allows for a work/life balance if you take advantage of it.
    -pay: pay seems to be more competitive here than I have seen at other companies

Cons

-the start up atmosphere can sometimes lead to a significant amount of grey area
    -the org does not seem to value employee training as 9/10 co-workers that I've spoken with get the 'sink or swim' approach.. you need to be a strong self-starter to excel at PeopleFluent.
    -discouraging environment due to inability to find helpful internal resources, knowledgeable about product functionality.. you really have to dig and pull answers from multiple places to get a full picture
    -DOCUMENTATION or lack there of..

Advice to Management

#1 improvement suggestion: determine a way to REWARD employees by collaborating and teaching one another, on a regular, on-going basis. This should not only be the first few weeks of employment. With the significant lack of internal how-to documentation, collaborating and one-on-one trainings are the only way to facilitate knowledge transfer. As it stands today, the task to train other employees is not seen as a priority from management, however, employee success and satisfaction starts with a solid foundation of training and support.

2. "Tough decisons leading to growth"

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time

Pros

The company has made unpopular decisions however these tough choices are leading the company to growth. The leadership's commitment to the future of the organization, its growth potential, and the focus approach are taking PeopleFluent forward. This dedication to a successful organization is a positive for both the employees and the customers.

Cons

In the quest to get to move forward fast attention to detail can fall short.

Advice to Management

Hire more "doers"

"Quality 2017"

Current Employee - Sales Operations in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Operations in Waltham, MA

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at PeopleFluent for just under two years. The first half of that time featured less than stellar results, and therefore frequent turnover. A change in strategy has helped foster a consistent level of success, that looks promising to continue the rest of this fiscal year.

From the perspective of a member of the Sales Operations team, the growth of PeopleFluent over the past year has been a great experience. We are a small, tight group that has played a key role in developing the strategy behind the company’s positive year. We not only helped create that plan, but we continue to play a key role in maintaining the day-to-day efforts behind its success.

Cons

Office culture is weird...tough to explain, but it could definitely be better. Not sure employees of company believe in current success. Throwing numbers and graphs at the average employee once a quarter is only going to do so much.

Advice to Management

Build upon recent good quarters. Hitting our numbers is great, but in order to take it to the next level, I believe we need to build a culture of success, which certainly does not exist right now. Garnering some sort of belief behind the company should go a long ways toward establishing long-term consistent success.

"A mixed bag"

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Culturally the organization can be a bit of a mixed bag. Depending on what group you are in - it can be very different experience. There are some offices that have great commeraderie, morale, and teamwork. There are other offices where employees are entirely focused on getting their job done and going home. Some departments that have little to no employee turnover, and others seem to have higher than normal turnover. I recommend anyone interested in coming onboard ask questions and make sure you are moving into a team dynamic that you are comfortable with. The company is on a trajectory for a great year and has done so with fewer employees.

Organization operates with high integrity, both with employees as well as customers. There has been a shift over the last 12 months to be more customer focused across all departments. There is opportunity for career growth for individuals who are driven to do so. You have to be willing to be a champion for yourself. I would say there continues to be a lot of change in the organization and most of it for the better.

Cons

HR is not the friendly face of the organization, sometimes slow to respond, and appears to be focused on risk mitigation rather than employee relations. Operational items like performance reviews and comp plans are notoriously behind schedule. Although timeliness is an issue, the company does focus on making sure they are fair to employees in spite of it.
    Depending on what team you are in, you can have very different experiences.

Advice to Management

Be more willing to give employees a voice in priorities.
    Less risk adverse.

5. "Great experience, helpful supervisors"

I worked at PeopleFluent as an intern

Pros

The people make everyone feel welcome, across departments. They especially go out of their way to make sure that interns get a chance to explore every facet of the company and not just the department in which they received the internship. Everyone is really friendly and people are willing to help each other out.

Cons

Some departments have more downtime than others due to the nature of their work. The office is set up in a very traditional layout with quiet cubicles that prevents socializing among employees.

"Best in class Technology Environment"

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time

Pros

Lots of great people. Opportunity to learn areas of human capital management that helped advance your knowledge.

Cons

High turn over due to micromanagement from high level management. No diversity in senior management.

Advice to Management

Diversity increases the bottom line. Try hiring and giving diversity a chance at the high paying job .

7. "Great Internship"

I worked at PeopleFluent as an intern

Pros

Great place to learn and gain skills

Cons

Sometimes did not have enough to do

Advice to Management

Make sure you have enough work to give interns

8. "Gained much experience at Peoplefluent"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at PeopleFluent as an intern

Pros

Enhanced my knowledge of software development

Cons

No available positions to move up

"Enjoy working at this organization!"

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time

Pros

- Great work/life balance
    - A CEO with an immense amount of dedication to the success of his organization
    - Leadership team is committed to the organizations success and have worked together for some time, great trusted relationships & deep knowledge of the organization and it's products
    - Industry SMEs
    - Great people to work with, great sales team, great support team

Cons

- RVP turn over, however, I always had other leadership to lean on to answer questions
    - Be ready to work! This is a smaller sales organization than some of our competitors so you need good work ethic and to be ready to play a couple roles, this company's successful sales folks know how to roll up their sleeves and get some work done.

PeopleFluent Response

Feb 15, 2017 – Director Human Resources

We’re happy to hear that you are pleased with your career choice to be a part of the PeopleFluent team and appreciate you taking the time to write your review. The organization is continuing to... More

"Fast pace"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong products especially the Recruiting and Compensation solutions,
    Working on the Marketing team, I was impressed by the hard work and dedication of the entire group. It is a strong and committed team. Everyone was willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever was needed to get things done.

Cons

The company moves at a fast pace so you need to thrive in a fast pace to be successful at PeopleFluent.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in innovation to maintain the strong product set.

PeopleFluent Response

Feb 15, 2017 – Director Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback! We were excited to announce this week that our Recruiting product, which is the largest revenue contributor of all of our products, set a new quarterly annual recurring... More