PeopleFluent Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 7, 2017

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Charles S. Jones

Pros
  • Good culture with good work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Great people to work with, great sales team, great support team (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • There is absolutely no sense of work/life balance what so ever (in 4 reviews)

• No cons, however, PeopleFluent is a fast-paced, busy company so you must be willing to work hard in order to succeed (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fast pace"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong products especially the Recruiting and Compensation solutions,
    Working on the Marketing team, I was impressed by the hard work and dedication of the entire group. It is a strong and committed team. Everyone was willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever was needed to get things done.

Cons

The company moves at a fast pace so you need to thrive in a fast pace to be successful at PeopleFluent.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in innovation to maintain the strong product set.

Feb 15, 2017 – Director Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback! We were excited to announce this week that our Recruiting product, which is the largest revenue contributor of all of our products, set a new quarterly annual recurring ... More

2. "Gained much experience at Peoplefluent"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at PeopleFluent as an intern

Pros

Enhanced my knowledge of software development

Cons

No available positions to move up

"Enjoy working at this organization!"

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time

Pros

- Great work/life balance
    - A CEO with an immense amount of dedication to the success of his organization
    - Leadership team is committed to the organizations success and have worked together for some time, great trusted relationships & deep knowledge of the organization and it's products
    - Industry SMEs
    - Great people to work with, great sales team, great support team

Cons

- RVP turn over, however, I always had other leadership to lean on to answer questions
    - Be ready to work! This is a smaller sales organization than some of our competitors so you need good work ethic and to be ready to play a couple roles, this company's successful sales folks know how to roll up their sleeves and get some work done.

Feb 15, 2017 – Director Human Resources

We’re happy to hear that you are pleased with your career choice to be a part of the PeopleFluent team and appreciate you taking the time to write your review. The organization is continuing to ... More

"Solid Place to work"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Waltham, MA

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to work, great employees. We work hard and play hard. Good work life balance.
    Pretty much 9-5. If you need to leave early, make sure you ask or tell someone.
    I do have fun here and like the people I have become friends with.

Cons

The pay could be more competitive. We just changed our benefits, but I did like BCBS better.
    Better match on 401k

Advice to Management

Better communication around the company.

Feb 7, 2017 – Director Total Rewards

Thank you for your feedback. It is an important initiative for PeopleFluent to provide a variety of benefit options for its employees, not only to be competitive in the marketplace, but to assist ... More

"Enterprise Sales Manager"

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great learning environment. Lots of good people. Good benefits. Industry leader.

Cons

Organizational silos not enough integration of products.

Advice to Management

Communicate Communicate Communicate

"Solid Organization - Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Culture of teamwork and mentoring. There is ability to have direct impact on customer success at an individual level. The people I work with are some of the best i've worked with in my career. Most of the time there is solid work/life balance. Flexible environment.

Cons

Lots of initiatives in process - most teams are focused on only their portion of the product suite.
    Difficult to navigate the politics.

Advice to Management

Focus on less.

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

Pros

Flexibility. Great team in WCAD.

Cons

Delayed in processing bonuses and merit programs.

"Good people, good products, decent benefits, room for improvement"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good culture with good work-life balance. Benefits are mostly good. Raleigh office location is in the heart of downtown. The products have a lot of potential. Opportunity to work in multiple areas and technologies. People and product teams eager to provide solutions to solve customer problems.

Cons

While the products do have a lot of potential, many of them are outdated from a technology standpoint and more emphasis needs to be put on better integration between the various functions. There is no real architecture for a company of this size. Don't get me wrong, there are some application architects, but they only focus on their individual products and don't really work together with the other application architects. And there is an architect group that's not associated with an application, but they're really more of an R&D and special projects team than an architecture group. I have never seen anything come out of the architecture group concerning overall technology or product direction in the years I have been with the company. Lot of room for improvement here. The disparity between products also applies to shared services like build and deployment -- again, completely different processes with no sharing between products. While the majority of the benefits are good, and the company did add 401k back as a benefit (thank you, much appreciated), it is still below the industry standard offering. The company does pay decently, but not as good as many in the area and should pay better just from a retention perspective. The company hasn't had great results in recent months, but I do feel that can and will turn around.

Advice to Management

I know it's tough to do when results aren't great, but you must invest in the people first (retain the talent you have and attract great talent with better pay and improve 401k) as well as the overall direction and strategy for the products. Focus the architecture group on actually doing architecture and aligning the products with the overall company strategy -- this is HUGELY lacking at the moment. Also, the constant shuffling of upper-level leadership is distracting. Either find leaders and stick with them, and give them the power to make decisions, or just flatten the organization out a bit (why just have yes men/women, you could take that money and pay everyone else better).
    I still think this is a great place to work, but definitely some room for improvement.

"Good place to work"

Pros

Most people are really nice, and highly skilled

Cons

Varies quite a bit depending on where you work.

"Very positive opportunity"

Pros

Great first job out of college especially with learning the sales industry. A lot of great people to work with.

Cons

Opportunity to move up in the organization can be a little challenging. Also can improve with development of company culture.