PeopleFluent Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Charles S. Jones

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There is absolutely no sense of work/life balance what so ever (in 4 reviews)

• No cons, however, PeopleFluent is a fast-paced, busy company so you must be willing to work hard in order to succeed (in 5 reviews)

"Company Where You Can Prosper"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you want to work at a company where you can make a difference and enjoy internal mobility then PeopleFluent is the place for you. I was employed there for 5 years and was able to work in 3 different roles. I was given the opportunity to learn, influence and infuse change.

The PeopleFluent team are the best people I have ever worked for and with. People are aligned to drive success within and outside of their areas of responsibility. The success that has been had over the last 5 quarters is proof positive that those working for the business have the right vision and passion to drive the desired outcomes.

Lastly, PeopleFluent has established a very successful new grad and internship program. The infusion of new talent is driving a new culture and making teams think and work differently.

Cons

The turnaround and success of the sales and account management teams happened faster than expected, so some groups had to play catch up from a staffing perspective. With a great Talent Acquisition leader, new talent has been brought in and this is being rectified.

Advice to Management

Live the 5 F’s! Be focused, fast, friendly and flexible and continue having fun!

Nov 21, 2017 – Director Human Resources

Thank you for your positive feedback!

"Designing Products that Meet Client Business Needs"

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve worked in the talent management / talent acquisition market for a majority of my career and one of the biggest challenges for a product management professional in this space is to sort through the vast set of “what if” requirements requested to invest R&D in the right designs. Getting this equation right means the difference between software that gains wide adoption and meets client business needs versus well-intended but lightly adopted experiments that cost money (and more important, take time away from other important initiatives). What’s great about PeopleFluent today is that we really have a culture where we collaborate effectively internally (and externally) to make the best decisions. Because of this process and the interesting projects that we work on (and interesting clients we work with), I’ve been able to build a strong team of problem-solving product managers whose industry knowledge and intellectual curiosity is satiated by the work we do every day.

Cons

I have great people on my team all of our offices (Waltham, Raleigh, Montreal, Austin, Dallas, Santa Barbara, London) and there’s only so much time in a release to visit and collaborate with each of them.

Advice to Management

Continue to follow your updated strategy of R&D investment and governance that ensures we work on the client-centric stuff that counts most.

Oct 25, 2017 – Director Human Resources

Thank you for your positive feedback! It’s amazing to hear of your success at working with such a diverse team who are spread across so many geographic areas. Our internal relationships and ability... More

"Clients First"

Current Employee - Director, Account Management in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Director, Account Management in Waltham, MA

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined PeopleFluent in 2016. I was drawn to the organization because of the big clients my team manages in the West. What appeals to me in my role and with respect to the team I manage is that PeopleFluent is a “client-first” organization. The product and engineering teams support client opportunities; the services and support organization support the same; finance, leadership, marketing all do the same. In a competitive market its great having a team behind you to address client questions and to extend client partnerships. This is a benefit to me professionally in general and is represented in the above-industry renewal rates we’ve achieved and the rewards that come with them.

Cons

Competitors push the envelope on accuracy to try and displace incumbent vendors like us; those practices by competitors risk moving focus away from the types of constructive dialogues our clients benefit from most.

Advice to Management

Promote the company by telling the stories of our customers’ success.

Oct 25, 2017 – Director Human Resources

We’re winning! We know that our success depends on our focus to put our client needs at the front of everything we do. Our product capabilities and responsiveness to quickly develop action plans... More

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company's market momentum continues to accelerate as the leadership team has refined and expanded it's strategic product and industry vertical focus translating to growth. Lots of energy and increasing opportunities within the organization with leadership demanding keen focus on customers and employees.

Cons

Very fast paced environment where change is constant so not for those who like to watch and not act...

Advice to Management

Continue the keen focus and employee communication and be sure all actions align to the strategy and avoid any distracting side shows. Great products in a great niche market where execution improves every day.

"Innovative Software Engineering Tied to Real Client Issues"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As a software engineer, I personally want a career where I can work on innovative projects involving the most recent technologies, but even more importantly I want to know how my work translates into the success of the business. Of course it is good to understand how my colleagues understand, consume and use what I design, but how does this translate into success for my clients? Too many companies “hide” software developers from clients and prospects, which is not the case at PeopleFluent. I can’t attend every client meeting, but do so frequently and in an interactive manner that is intended to help the clients, but is also incredibly engaging from the standpoint of knowing how PeopleFluent solutions translate into client business results and productivity. Part of what supports this is our strong and collaborative team in Raleigh who regularly host our clients in our offices, give the background on the client, and send the invite to the meeting. For software engineers in the Raleigh area looking to work on innovative projects that they can see translate into action, PeopleFluent is a great place to be.

Cons

The best part of the job (client contact and validation of business outcomes) is arguably also the most challenging: with so many large clients, competing initiatives can become an issue and teams have to plan carefully.

Advice to Management

Continue to let all employees have access to clients to drive solutions that work better than our competition because those solutions are proven in real-world business settings.

"Great products...great team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PeopleFluent has really taken off - we are winning!! Great team mates and great products. Really focused on customer satisfaction and doing what's right for our customers & employees. Products are awesome!

Cons

We don't have the name/brand recognition like some of our competitors.

Advice to Management

Don't let up - this is a great company and a great place to work. Our future is bright

"PeopleFluent’s transformation is really taking off"

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time

Pros

Customers: Just spent a few days with a team from one of the world’s largest banks working on their HCM strategy.  They have virtually all of PeopleFluent’s products and are processing massive amounts of data through the platform.

Products: They are one of the many customers now using the Mirror experience and seeing a significant improvement in productivity and engagement.  Jim Lundy of Aragon in a meeting this week suggested that the Mirror “was ahead of it’s time” and that the video technology is a serious differentiator; the market is just catching up.

Growth: After three quarters of hyper-growth in bookings and recent 95 % client retention there is a renewed sense of excitement in the business as new products and enhancements are rolling out.  Great time to be here after being with the firm for 8 years.

Cons

Not as well known in the market as some of it's competitors

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Power Scoring process to upgrade performance and new strategy have led to significant successes. The company is now hiring and retaining great people (for the most part). The Productivity Platform software (also called the Mirror) has been a huge success. Strong performance in the financial services and healthcare sectors have caused North American talent bookings during the past three quarters to increase 63% versus the previous year, and the current quarter's bookings are on track to significantly beat last year's.

Cons

There are still a fair number of lazy people in the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and replace those who are lazy and don't contribute much to the organization.

"Amazing Customers, Doing Amazing Things for their People"

Current Employee - Account Management in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Account Management in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PeopleFluent is an inventive and evolving company. I have the opportunity to work with our customers to promote the best of what they do and it’s a pleasure to work in a setting where I have conversations every day with people who use our capability to do amazing things for their people. In that effort, I’m backed by PeopleFluent teams globally who really care about my success – and by extension, our customers’ success.

Cons

Market hype and misperceptions raised by competitors are an unnecessary and unfair distraction.

"Fun and Focused at PeopleFluent"

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time

Pros

PeopleFluent is a great place to work. I have been here for 4.5 years and I have found a company that respects and values your opinion. As a company, PeopleFluent supports a culture based on the 5 Fs. The 5 Fs that you will find working here are Fun, Friendly, Flexible, Fast and Focus. With all employees working together, we have delivered great strategies and products that will help our clients succeed. For example, with our VMS rapid implementation models we are able to offer client options for implementation from 2 weeks to 8 weeks. I work with a group of employees that are focused on client satisfaction. Working with such a strong group of employees, it allows you to push yourself to become better and stronger at what you do… It is great working for a company that is a leader in Total Talent

Cons

Leadership need to be more focus on employee relations, employee retention and continuing to support a culture that allows it employees to grow and succeed

Advice to Management

I would recommend that HR help drive a culture of being more open and friendly to employees in the office. Also, I would recommend that the executive leadership focus and share the success of all PeopleFluent products.