PeopleMatter Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Nate DaPore

Pros
  • Unlimited vacation - pro and con (in 11 reviews)

• Very fast paced environment where Sr (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Very little position training/prep for new hires; can be frustrating for (in 2 reviews)

• Housing is pretty expensive in Charleston, although not as bad as a lot of other major cities I suppose (in 2 reviews)

"BDR"

I worked at PeopleMatter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The product, people, and culture were the best reasons to be a part of this once start-up.

Cons

With the acquisition there is a level of uncertainty of the future.

Advice to Management

Should re-evaluate what KPI's they use to promote internally and focus on.

2. "Ogranization structure is unorganized but great atmosphere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I worked at PeopleMatter full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere
    Coworkers are helpful and team players
    Work Flexibility
    Unlimited vacation - pro and con

Cons

Advancements based on personal relationships not work/knowledge base

Advice to Management

Need team development training

3. "A Very Different Experience"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Charleston, SC

I have been working at PeopleMatter (More than a year)

Pros

- Fantastic CoWorkers
    - Unlimited Vacation for FT Employees
    - Great Benefits Packages for FT Employees
    - Company Wide Activities
    - Rooftop Beer Kegs

Cons

- Very little position training/prep for new hires; can be frustrating for new hires, but self driven individuals can flourish

"To Good to be True"

I worked at PeopleMatter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PeopleMatter has some highly successful and talented employees, Being down on King Street in charleston can lead to the fun of working at this fast paced company. They have listed perks like unlimited vacation, free healthcare and a relaxed dress code which are all enjoyable.

Cons

The leadership is a mess, the CEO has been replaced, and sadly during the process all of the good hard working caring executives left the company and they ones that have lead a negative culture stayed on.. and even received a promotion. At PeopleMatter they are concerned about sales and sales only, The sales team is pressured to close deals that are bad for the customer and PeopleMatter and the Customer Success team is more focused on revenue and upsales than they are about keeping customers and reducing churn, lots of large customers have left in the last 18 months and they show no sign of returning.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people, stop trying to sell a product to companies that it is not designed for, and finally empower your team to keep good customers!

5. "Must Earn It"

I worked at PeopleMatter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

While the pom-pom waving culture at PeopleMatter is overblown - there is a great culture for those who know how to work in teams and can communicate effectively. As in any small company - change is constant and its harder on those who expect everything to be easy or handed to them the way they want it. There's a ton of opportunity to make variable comp money, have an impact and develop your skills, and work on a platform that delivers what its expected to. Most employees are great to work with and the location in Charleston is world-class.

Cons

Its not an easy sale - there are big obstacles to overcome, but it makes your really develop skills that will accelerate your career. Management is not very transparent - and at times was very bloated. Not in the trenches enough with their front-line. Starting pay is not aggressive for the industry - they rely on the depressed wages in the Charleston market since there is so much competition for these types of companies/jobs.

Advice to Management

Outline a long-term plan and stick to it. Its hard to get employee buy-in when there is so much uncertainty about short-term change. Give better paths for advancement, and give new employees more responsibility up-front. Don't be afraid of promoting quickly when you identify top performers.

6. "In the works"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Charleston, SC

Pros

New CEO, yet to be seen good or bad

Cons

Culture does not exist as promised

7. "Great company, fast paced but not for everyone"

Former Employee - Product Designer in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Product Designer in Charleston, SC

I worked at PeopleMatter full-time

Pros

Great startup-like culture that is truly dedicated to not just creating an amazing online platform, but also to its mission of changing the way employers and employees interact in the service industries. Bring your A-game if you want to succeed in this demanding, fast-paced environment.

Cons

You have to be a fast learner, dedicated and self-motivated to succeed here. If you thrive in a an environment where you are constantly learning, and like to be challenged to give your best every day, it's an incredible place to work, but otherwise you won't last long. If you like to punch the clock and coast through your day, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Let people know the high expectations as well as the opportunities and upside before they get through the door.

"Spiraling out of control"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Charleston, SC

I have been working at PeopleMatter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited Vacation (if your not in sales)
    Nice People
    Location

Cons

Company has lost all sense of identity to whom they are. More layoffs and resignations have once again plagued the company. CEO has become reckless in raising capital and may be in serious trouble trying to dig out of a financial hole. Would not be surprised if the company is being positioned to be a sell-able entity and CEO and CFO walk away with their share and that's the end of it all.

Advice to Management

None, any advice to management is completely blocked by CEO meddling.

9. "I love working here and so do my dogs!"

Current Employee - BDR in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - BDR in Charleston, SC

I have been working at PeopleMatter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment- the benefits of having a fun and challenging environment make going to work pretty sweet. I love bringing in my dogs and everyone from the top down

Cons

If you don't want to work hard and be challenged that would be a con for someone.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the spirit and culture as we continue to grow. Keep doing what you are doing now! This company is very transparent with its' employees and all upper management are there for the right reasons.

10. "I have learned and have had the autonomy to achieve more than I could have ever imagined at this stage in my career."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at PeopleMatter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very fast-moving company that allows you to quickly grow as they do. I've worked here over a year but have felt like I have been here for 5 because of all of the milestones we have achieved in that short time. My colleagues are awesome and it is truly a great place to work. Location isn't too bad either.

Cons

I sometimes feel like some of the work i'm doing is all for not because Senior Management will come down and make processes mandatory that should have been thought through more. As we grow, we are becoming more rigid and it is limiting some of our creativity in a time when it could be one of our biggest assets to differentiate.

Advice to Management

Slow down and take a view of the big picture. It is better to put in scale-able processes now so that we are not continuing to scramble as we grow.