PeopleSearch Employee Reviews about "peoplesearch"

Updated Sep 23, 2021

Found 14 of over 140 reviews

3.5
PeopleSearch Managing Director Lorencz Tay Yuh Shiuan
Lorencz Tay Yuh Shiuan

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "peoplesearch"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Temporary Employee, less than 1 year

HR Research Intern

Sep 23, 2021 - Summer Intern in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

My experience working with Peoplesearch (PSS) for close to three months has been an eye-opening and wonderful learning experience. Having been taken under the wing of the HR team, I have learnt a lot from the senior consultants’ experiences regarding recruiting for the various HR roles. Not only that, but the positive attitude that the team has demonstrated, bouncing back quickly even after multiple rejections or setbacks has been an inspiration to me. Such a working environment has allowed me to grow as an individual in terms of understanding the constantly driven work attitude, motivating me to strive to fulfil the various tasks that were assigned to me. The working environment was pleasant thanks to the welcoming colleagues that have guided me along the way. They have been understanding and have consistently helped in answering my questions and providing feedback on my work. The daily meetings help build the team’s rapport, getting all of us on the same page on the various cases and motivating me to help where I could. During my time as a Temp staff, I have gained a lot of practice in researching, cold calling for cases, improving my communication skills when selling the different roles to potential candidates. While this pushed me out of my comfort zone, it was a welcome challenge that has allowed me to get a taste of the reality of the workings of the working world. I have been able to learn from both the positive and negative aspects of the recruiting process. Researching and mapping potential candidates for the different HR functions across different industries was an educational experience that allowed me to be more proficient in my excel skills as well as gain knowledge of the specificities behind the HR function. Working closely with the senior consultants, receiving feedback on candidates sourced and phonescreened improved my softskills to improve my communication skills that would be essential in the corporate world. There was a high consistency in ensuring that clients would have suitable candidates to choose from while ensuring candidates’ interests in the different roles. The goal-oriented work ethic, but also encouraging style of work has allowed me to gain experience for my future endeavours. If someone were to gain experience in researching and recruiting, I highly recommend PPS as the company to go to.

Cons

Due to the Covid situation, it was unfortunate that I was not able to convene with colleagues in person.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worst company to join, yet portraying all the "good" image on social media.. Disgusting!

Apr 13, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

no pros... please join other companies and don't be sweet talked by the Director and Managers

Cons

- They hire and fire fast, because they just need people to do the dirty work and managers get to reap the rewards and get your commission to hit their targets - don't expect to get any proper mourning during your compassionate leaves.. they have NO compassion at all and force you to work while mourning - managers there are the leftovers from the recruitment industries - go other places cannot make it, then come back to Peoplesearch.. like recycle bin or trash bin, take back the trash especially Senior Management and act like they have empathy, but they can terminate you on the same day and side the managers even though you have done nothing wrong and when these managers have been doing unethical sales - sexual harassment at workplace by the most Senior Managers/Directors is pretty common, yet company allow

8 people found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Above all else, it's about the People making a difference.

Feb 2, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

- One of the best training grounds in recruitment, or even sales, for anybody who is willing to learn and grind. - Excellent CRM system as compared to others I've used before. And... that's about it.

Cons

- Constantly in a toxic environment, and treated with no respect if you are not doing well, or rather not making money for them. Managers / Team Leads bark, snap, scream, shout at you, both privately and publicly in meetings. - Value long working hours, skipping meals as a virtue. - Text messages, emails literally in the middle of the night, demanding for work done. - Poor Time management even for Directors, who only regards his own time as valuable, and others' time as garbage. Late for literally every single meeting, even client meetings. - Meetings over lunch, meetings over dinner, meetings over Friday nights, meeting over Saturday mornings, and they do it shamelessly, as if its completely normal, and the most depressing part about all these, is that people (including me) come to terms with it. - Every morning, first thing in the day, before you even start working, there will be an email sent to every single person in the office, a list of every consultant's "results" the previous day. Comparing how many cold calls, how much information obtained, how many interviews arranged. Letting you start your day feeling motivated.. or depressed. - But fret not, there is a daily cult exercise / workout that you will be forced to participate, from calming your nerves by swinging your arms and hips, or by pressing certain acupuncture points to feel relaxed and happy, and ready for the awesome day ahead of skipping lunch and missing family dinners. - After all that's said and done, to be honest, if you do well and close deals. You'll be alright, in fact, you can even be as obnoxious and lecherous, and you will be protected, just like how certain managers. - Commission structure is not the worst, however, the worst is when your already miserable cut gets even lesser when vultures can swoop in and take a cut in the name of help. Oh and directors will also take a cut out of your payouts if you aren't following certain rules or Standard Operating Procedures. Did I mention that these said rules are not even official company's roles, but customized rules and SOPs for certain groups under this director's management. -You will also be paying for their share of employer CPF contribution from your commission cut, so that's that. - If you resign during your probation period, they will also charge you 7 working days as your training fees, regardless whether you closed any deals (I did, and it was more than enough to cover these measly 7 days of pay) Left an extremely bitter taste in my mouth. If you're looking to join PeopleSearch, Have a good read at all of the existing glassdoor reviews (Non 4-5 stars only, if you know what I mean). Factors not included in my list of cons just means it did not happen to me personally, but most definitely happened to consultants around me. Be prepared to see dignity trampled, experienced salesmen being mocked, shouted at. Consultants being humiliated in front of everybody by the CEO for something he did not verify. Consultants being judged for what watch piece they don. In summary, PeopleSearch is the worst company I've ever set foot in, but I do not regret this decision as there has never been an instance where I feel unhappy at a workplace since I left, because I've experienced the very worst.

9 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Values-centric Search Firm

Apr 6, 2020 - Specialist Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management is concerned about instilling correct values first and results second. We have always been told that results will come naturally once the proper character is inculcated. I felt that the various measures put in place helped to encourage self-reflection and maximise learning. If you are interested on continuous development and personal growth in your career, Peoplesearch creates an enabling environment for such individuals. Benefits are also pretty encouraging. Medical is covered by the company and leave is also allowed. Some may be unhappy with the leave policy as it is dependent on the achievement of one's sales targets. It is undeniable that this is a sales job and thus the targets would be the KPI on which performance is measured. In light of the foregoing, sales targets are set by each consultant at the start of every year. The leadership does encourage certain targets proportionate to their expectations of you, however, at the same time, leaders would not hesitate to provide sobering information by breaking down the sales target from the dollars one will earn to the number of jobs one needs to handle in a week to the number of hours one needs to work. This exercise helps to reconcile the ambition one has with the reality of the effort that needs to be put in. Therefore, although leadership may be determined in ensuring each consultant reaches their goals, these goals were set by the consultants themselves. Leadership are also very open to both reflection and conversation. Should there be a disagreement on the manner in which a certain operation was carried out, leadership is receptive to feedback and are very willing to consider alternatives. It is without a doubt that despite their wealth of experience, even the leaders with the most number of years under their belt possessed a profound humility. Beyond criticism, leaders, being experts on career advice, are always concerned about your career and are open to sharing and providing advice when solicited. Beyond the achievement of sales targets, the company is very receptive to any projects that consultants may wish to initiate for the betterment of the company. This may include Corporate Social Responsibility, employee welfare, candidate engagement and even social media outreach. Most of these initiatives came from the bottom up and reflect the Company's willingness for each consultant willing to contribute their unique talents to do so in the way that helps the Company. Lastly, there is a strong emphasis on individual responsibility. Although from the above, it appears that the Company provides excellent group support, there is no doubt in anyone's mind that success is ultimately determined by the individual's willingness and determination. The good thing about the company is that they are extremely transparent on this front despite the amount of support they provide and that reality is one that many consultants face.

Cons

The nature of the work may be dry to some. Despite the excellent environment, I found that continuous calling and reaching out to people was too operational for me. It prioritized and rewarded consistent repetitive work which was not my greatest strength. My realisation of that point made me decide to pursue other careers. There is a fine line between feedback and shaming and the latter would be unacceptable. Although I have personally not experienced it, I have seen others being subject to shaming, albeit inadvertently. However, despite it being vastly easier compared to constructive criticism, shaming should be discouraged in all its forms from both leaders as well as peers, both with intention and without.

5 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Please think before you join.

Mar 27, 2020 - Recruiter in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

A learning and development platform with many trainings which cover end to end recruitment process from sourcing to client business development.

Cons

To be honest, there were many who couldn’t stand the way the leaders micromanage them. Who can stand being shouted across the office ? How can anyone stand that kind of treatment? We were not slaves to be driven laboriously in this place and to be given hints that we couldn’t go back on time even at 6pm (though our work-time should end at 530pm). They also micromanaged the employees until the point they ridiculed us during meetings if we didnt deliver sales targets and threatened us to leave or even gave us a paycut. You would also witness how the senior leader ridicule the team lead in front of his or her subordinates. Not only that, some leaders would call you at 9pm and ask you to reply their messages. They would also offer you huge paycut from your previous employment telling you that they would give you a raise in salary if you delivered. Once you chose to leave the company, regardless of your years of employment, they would definitely speak trash about you in the office or when they meet with the clients. I had heard so many bad rumours of those who have left. Untrue or true, I don’t think you should treat people of such manner. I know because I have experienced this. Worse still, they would expect you to come back to Saturdays to work. There were (and I know there are still) functions on Saturdays. A lot of meetings were scheduled last minutes and they didn’t send calendar invite and they blamed the invitees. They would also speak of many so-called motivational talks/ videos which were unnecessary because that whole time could be use to engage candidates and clients. Let’s not forget the morning exercise. Cheers to those who survived or trying to survive Peoplesearch. You have indeed survived. Please just leave!

8 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Horrible local company

May 21, 2019 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office building Cool restaurants around

Cons

Very VERY Demanding. I came in as a researcher and had to do a lot of cold calling. If i didn't hit my KPI the team lead will ask me to stay behind until i finished it. NO Training at all just threw me in the deep end. Very horrible atmosphere, can never feel relaxed you can feel the tension in the room. So much drama in the office, everyone is two faced. Not a friendly atmosphere! Salary is a joke! I got promoted to a consultant after 3 months, hated it. Quit 3months later. Valuable lesson learnt = NEVER STAY IN A JOB YOU'RE NOT HAPPY IN! If i gave recruitment another chance in another firm, i probably would of enjoyed it. Peoplesearch scarred me for life!

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Key account manager

Nov 30, 2018 - Key Account Manager in Shanghai, Shanghai
    Business Outlook

Pros

Provide good sales training and competitive salary. Impacting business and elevating life.

Cons

Today, with over 1,000 consultants across 10 Asian cities, peoplesearch is the largest Asia-based recruitment agency in Asia Pacific (excluding Japan). So the culture was a little bit aggressive. If you do not push yourself ,and dont like be a sales ,maybe this is not good choice for you.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 4.0

Honest review

Mar 21, 2017 - Consultant in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with the Organization for 2 years now, and to be frank, some of the poor reviews below do PeopleSearch no justice. This company has very strong organisational values and culture - it takes pride in being meritocratic, promoting punctuality, respect, teamwork, conscientiousness, and wellness in every aspect of life. We partake in a 15 minute stretching exercise every morning, targeted at improving physical wellness and developing mindfulness, which is great because the rest of the work day is usually incredibly hectic. In my experience, this sense of togetherness is not common, where everyone does the wellness exercise together, work hard together, and reap the benefits of hard work together through trips and celebrations. The meritocratic nature of the Organization (where promotion criterias and incentive scheme are very transparent) encourages people to work harder and minimises negative politics. Working here I've been most inspired by people my age (Millennials, they call us) who work twice as hard as other people I know in this age group to achieve promotions, increments, and awards. While this is probably the case with other Sales jobs, the biggest difference between PeopleSearch and other companies is the teamwork and partnership it fosters. Here we work in close partnership, and try to make sure no one is left behind. On top of that, the high standards (Low tolerance of tardiness, high expectations in standard of work and communication, as well as the opportunities to be exposed to leadership roles through Company events) really ensures great personal and professional development. I would recommend working here if you already believe in the same values, or want to be shaped to uncap your potential.

Cons

It takes some time to adjust to the culture, and as you can tell by the 1 star reviews that claim that we are all liars and tricksters, not everyone adjusts well to demanding KPIs.

11 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Extensive opportunities for learning and career development

Feb 26, 2017 - Recruitment Consultant in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

• Friendly environment where you get to learn on the job and with scheduled and customized trainings organized to encourage all of us to continuously stay relevant, and also learn from various leaders and peers. The community in PeopleSearch is approachable and willing to guide you along the way if you’re facing any challenges. • Depending on your interests & strengths, the company develops them by giving opportunities to showcase your talents and cultivate your interests (i.e. fitness challenges, organizing fun events, photography, etc.) • Welcoming and bright office in prime location and good view!

Cons

Hours can be long, and it definitely motivates you to prioritize and have better time management.

11 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to learn new skills and start your career!

Feb 13, 2017 - Recruitment Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

PeopleSearch invests time and effort in the employees. Team leaders dedicate themselves to provide in-house trainings for everyone, and review to ensure that there’s progression to track your performance. Gaining soft skills and market information are highly transferrable and can definitely aid you a great deal along your way in your career. Team-oriented and strong support system – the company adopts an open-concept and thus, it’s very easy to approach senior consultants and the Team Leaders when you need any help. Fun games and rewards when you hit your KPI – endless creative ideas to keep the employees motivated.

Cons

Steep learning curve. Sign up only if you are up for the challenge.

12 people found this review helpful