KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

PeopleSearch

Is this your company?

PeopleSearch

Add a Review

PeopleSearch Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Aug 17, 2020

Found 17 of over 133 reviews

3.6
PeopleSearch Managing Director Lorencz Tay Yuh Shiuan
Lorencz Tay Yuh Shiuan
Pros
  • "Nice working environment, good mentors(in 6 reviews)

• "Database is one of the best I’ve used so far, very user friendly(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "lack of work life balance - long working hours(in 17 reviews)

• "Long working hours as its really time is money for a sales job(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Former Employee

salary

Aug 17, 2020 - Consultante
      Business Outlook

Pros

opportunity to learn, nice colleagues

Cons

lots of stress, no work life balance, long working hours

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A place that trample your dignity

Jul 19, 2020 - Specialist Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

CRM System is very good. It is very holistic. UI UX was awesome as well.

Cons

If there is a choice to rate 0 star, I will rate it 0 star. This company don't deserve even just 1 star. The culture here is so toxic, no respect, not appreciative, personal attacks, not professional and the list goes on. 1) We have colleagues who gets their leaves cancelled, not approved just because they did not hit their sales target. 2) We have colleagues who are foreigners that have family members who passed on. They were told, why take so many days leaves? Is not that he/she is going to be alive. You can't change things. 3) We have colleagues who are in the middle of a compassionate leave but was haunt for their sales numbers and asked to join a meeting in the midst of their compassionate leave. A total lack of compassion. It makes me wonder do they even have family members that they love or they actually have no loved ones. Totally cold-blooded. 4) We have colleagues who were told off by the MD that he/she was a joke for wearing a DW watch just because he himself is wearing an AP watch. 5) We have colleagues who were shouted across by the MD in front of everyone during a meeting that he/she will not be successful in the name of "just being candid". 6) We have colleagues who were bullied by their leaders, told by their leaders that, "you also not in commission, no point taking such a big cut for the points" even though he/she handled most of the sales process. 7) We have colleagues, being asked to come back to work on a Saturday and Sunday because they do not have enough sales. They have this AGIS skills to psycho candidates to join their clients and also an AGIS skill to make you feel so bad as though you owe them a living and that you have to put in the extra hours to be in their good books. 8) We have colleagues who was told to shorten his/her marriage leave in. It is as though he/she is going to get married 2 or more times in his stay with the company. 9) We have colleagues who were bullied by other colleagues just because their sales are good. It is as though when you have good sales, you have the right to bully others. 10) We have leaders, who yell at people for no good reasons. 11) We have leaders, who do not respect other people's time. They send a calendar invite with time and date for a meeting or for a lesson. This leader is always late and do not give reasons or prior notice. Just MIA, wasting everyone's time, messing up other's schedule. 12) We have leaders, who call for last minute meetings, usually during lunch hours or knock off timing. We often have to quickly go down and pack our food, gobble the food up within 10 to 15mins time. 13) We have leaders, who call you at like 10pm when you are at home preparing to sleep. 14) We have HR, who actually condone such disrespectful leaders. "Aiya, he/she is like that one la, let him/she shout la, don’t put it to heart.” 15) We have leaders, tracking you like you are on SHN. Have like 5 to 6 zoom meetings in a day wasting your time and then later come question you on why did not talk to candidates or hiring managers. They did not realize that half of the time was spend on ultra-micro managing, doing meaningless reports which are duplicates. 16) We have colleagues, being threaten by their leaders to make them leave the company. 17) We have leaders, who play the religion card. If you do not believe the same God as them, then it is just too bad. Yes, they are Cns . 18) The company as a whole have a culture that treats all consultants like a money-making machine, if the machine is faulty, they just change a new one. 19) The company as a whole, won't say good things about someone who resigns. In fact, they will say very lousy and negative things about their ex-consultants. 20) They company as a whole, believes that, if you leave them, you are a loser, a person that cannot be successful in life. To sum up, if you want to join this company, be prepared to; Have no work life balance, being treated like dirt with no respect, if you have love ones and they must pass away, it will be best to ask them to pick a date where you bring in enough sales, do not wear a lousy watch, get bullied by your leaders and colleagues, being bad-mouthed, being shouted in front of your colleagues during a meeting, have the same religion as them, being look down upon by your MD, have your leaders killing you to protect themselves, have your cases being KS-ed by your own colleagues, have HR that sides the management aka not being impartial, feel like a burden if your sales is not good, get a pay cut if you do not meet your sales target. They say, this place is only for the strong, not for the weak. I say, this place is for people who will resort to all sorts of lousy, low class, inhuman methods in order to achieve their so-called success.

7 people found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Pros

Have intensive trainings for you. Daily and weekly individual reviews, weekly team meetings, weekly company meetings, ad hoc individual reviews, weekly trainings, monthly meetings

Cons

- sarcastic and toxic work environment - if you disagree with them, get ready to be shouted at, even though their way does not really work and insist you to follow - very political and becareful who you feedback you opinions to, it will circulate around the office very fast - when you are being forced to leave the company, they go around telling people we joined competitors which is not even true - no integrity and values. Manager can lie to upper management when its clearly their own fault and will blame people working under them. lots of hypocrisy - manager will always call you after work hours, spamming your personal phone at late nights getting you to work - terminate you when you are on Medical Leave - getting you to work when you are on Medical Leave and asked why is your response so slow when you are feeling extremely unwell to even get out of your bed - get ready for your Annual Leaves to get blocked and be threatened if you want take leave even though you have joined the company for more than 3 months to be entitled. whereas they can happily go for their Christmas, New year and Chinese new year leaves - Managers do not have right values - dishonest, no integrity and lies to upper management to save their ego. If you sound out to the Upper Management, the manager will threaten to terminate you on the spot - they expect you to work very long hours even though you have hit your KPI - long hours equals committed. that's why you can tell that they are short-tempered. - after being forced to work overtime, the worse thing that could have happened is your manager getting credits for your hard work and manager tells you in your face that your are just doing an intern job for him to take all the credits - get ready to be shouted at - managers always very stress and vent their anger at their people - work-life balance - zero? - forced to come back on both weekends to work and work till late night most weekdays

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to learn for fresh grads

May 11, 2019 - Sales Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Open door policy 2. Awesome training provided 3. Minimal politics 4. A lot of sharing & learning session/resources 5. Great help from senior management

Cons

1. Daily KPI tracking system 2. Only 14 days of AL , can only take leave when funnel is looking good 3. lack of work life balance - long working hours 4. Not much attractive benefits for employee

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Senior Recruiter

Jan 14, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family Oriented Well training program Friendly colleague

Cons

Push hard Lack of work life balance

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Dont be tricked by the departments! Do not join the FMCG industry!

Oct 9, 2018 - Consultant in Kuala Lumpur
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training, provides alot of support but not from the Consumer Goods Department. Perspective as you are going in will be very wrong compared to how it actually is in the company.

Cons

Incentives payout are one of the slowest in headhunting industries. Management will twist as and when it suits them(Consumer Industries) No work life balance( They want you to stay longer to show how loyal and "passionate" you are about working. Always want you to appreciate that you have gotten the job, regardless of what your standing is in the company. Does not allow you to go out to conduct interviews and meet clients as "it is a waste of time". Creates a toxic environment where you are supposed to appreciate the micromanaging style of the manager. Promises respect as a culture while you are being shouted at infront of the other consultants.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 1.0

Consultant

Sep 10, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues are generally okay, minimal politics. Listed company and part of the largest Recruitment in Singapore Fair promotion structure

Cons

Extremely poor working conditions - expect people to work long hours yet have really lousy working conditions, extremely stuffy when the air con is switched off after 6pm. Not enough fans to go around. Unwilling to pay additional electric bills for extension of air con facilities. Management equates hard work to how late you work. Lousy mentality of coming to work on saturday - promotes inefficiency and ineffectiveness Management promotes subtly through messages and "inspiring" talks about not having work life balance and having to compromise/sacrifice personal/family time to do well. Improved working conditions - employees are human beings and not slaves. Should not be working under such lousy conditions. Motivate and encourage work life balance - get people to put in the hours on weekdays and not on weekends. Human beings are not robots, they need to rest.

11 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0

Recruiter

Aug 28, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

None at all, that is how bad things are here

Cons

No work-life balance, little guidance given, consultants are just out to make money (their time is "gold" and newbies aren't worth their time)

11 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0

Join at your own risk!

Jul 20, 2016 - Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

PeopleSearch is generally an okay place, but it definitely has more cons than pros working in this organization. Part of a group that makes up the largest market share for recruitment in Singapore. Gives opportunities to people of all ages, race and nationalities. There are many young leaders in the group.

Cons

Very rigid management style. Management runs the organization like an army. Very top down working style. Gives you tons of nonsense when you are late for just 1 minute? But have they ever looked beyond the extra hours you put in everyday to ensure work is well covered, or the extra hours you put in such as when candidates are only available to speak after office hours? Hence, after speaking to them, we still stay back in office to get their profiles done up so that we can send over to our clients asap. Or even conduct interviews after office hours as the candidates are not available during the day? The answer is NO. The management does not take all these into consideration, in fact putting in extra hours is part of the requirements being in PeopleSearch. We do not get paid for working late, but we do so anyway because we are accountable in our work. However, why is the company so rigid to people who come in late for that 5 mins? Especially when we are working late from Monday to Friday, we even come back on Saturday. Mind you, we do not get paid for working extra hours! We do not complain about working late, yet the management complain about us coming in late BECAUSE WE WORKED TILL LATE the night before? There are so many people from RE/SearchAsia who go in after 8.30am yet both business units are doing extremely well. What is the strange reasoning behind people who come in late and it links to these people not being serious in their work, they are not here to do well, etc. Warped logic I must say. The people. When we were interviewed, we were told that there are no politics over here. Everyone treats other like family. Does not seem the case though during the time when I was here. I have seen so many people talking bad about even their own team mates, how is that family oriented? People here are not transparent with one another. They do not dare to confront even when there are issues to be worked out. On the contrary, the management always preaches that transparency and open communication is encouraged over here, yet when you really do put forth your point to your co workers or even your boss, you get shot with negative comments like you are not being a team player, you are being difficult, you are not listening to instructions, you are not doing what is right, etc. Sure, then don't tell us that open communication and transparency is done here because the fact is people are never willing to take constructive criticism well. In my current place, I can openly tell my boss that the idea is silly and it will not work, my boss will be more than happy for me to walk my boss through the facts to substantiate my reasoning behind it. Does not work at PeopleSearch, you will only end up being in the boss's bad books. People who are not doing well YET. There are tons of people in PeopleSearch who are extremely diligent and passionate in their work. However, at some point, people might not be doing so well, might be faced with challenges at work yet their activities remain sky high because they are still doing the necessary to ensure they get the ideal results eventually. However, during this process, the management does not care how you were performing the previous quarters, or whether you are putting in long hours at work, if you are slogging your guts out every single day and you are ensuring that all the fundamentals are done right, activities are still high. Instead, the management will not care about your efforts at all but will only want to either manage you out, manage you up or manage your salary down. PeopleSearch has lost so many good hires who were not given the chance to make things work yet they are now doing exceptionally well at competitors. Salary. Not the best paymaster in the industry. Even when there are really good candidates who are looking for a mid career switch, PeopleSearch is not willing to pay for good people to come in. So they end up taking in mediocre people and complain that these people are a burden to the team. Conclusion: Do not join PeopleSearch unless you have no other option. Join PeopleSearch if you are looking for a career in recruitment and want a quick crash course. PeopleSearch does not promote work life balance, do not join if you are not willing to put in the extra hours. There are absolutely no perks at all joining PeopleSearch. Even something common like Dinner & Dance, the company does not have it. The company expects you to give more than its willing to give. So make a wise choice.

20 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Former Employee

Join at your own risk

Jul 17, 2016 -

Pros

Cons

Very rigid management style. Management runs the organization like an army. Very top down working style. Gives you tons of nonsense when you are late for just 1 minute? But have they ever looked beyond the extra hours you put in everyday to ensure work is well covered, or the extra hours you put in such as when candidates are only available to speak after office hours? Hence, after speaking to them, we still stay back in office to get their profiles done up so that we can send over to our clients asap. Or even conduct interviews after office hours as the candidates are not available during the day? The answer is NO. The management does not take all these into consideration, in fact putting in extra hours is part of the requirements being in PeopleSearch. We do not get paid for working late, but we do so anyway because we are accountable in our work. However, why is the company so rigid to people who come in late for that 5 mins? Especially when we are working late from Monday to Friday, we even come back on Saturday. Excuse me, we do not get paid for working extra hours! We do not complain about working late, yet the management complain about us coming in late BECAUSE WE WORKED TILL LATE the night before? There are so many people from RE/SearchAsia who go in after 8.30am yet both business units are doing extremely well. What is the strange reasoning behind people who come in late and it links to these people not being serious in their work, they are not here to do well, etc. Foolish logic I must say. The people. When we were interviewed, we were told that there are no politics over here. Everyone treats other like family. Does not seem the case though during the time when I was here. I have seen so many people talks ill about their own team mates, how is that family oriented? People here are not transparent with one another. They do not dare to confront even when there are issues to be worked out. On the contrary, the management always preaches that transparency and open communication is encouraged over here, yet when you really do put forth your point to your co workers or even your boss, you get shot with negative comments like you are not being a team player, you are being difficult, you are not listening to instructions, you are not doing what is right, etc. Sure, then don't tell us that open communication and transparency is done here because the fact is people are never willing to take constructive criticism well. In my current place, I can openly tell my boss that the idea is silly and it will not work, my boss will be more than happy for me to walk my boss through the facts to substantiate my reasoning behind it. Does not work at PeopleSearch, you will only end up being in the boss's bad books. People who are not doing well YET. There are tons of people in PeopleSearch who are extremely diligent and passionate in their work. However, at some point, people might not be doing so well, might be faced with challenges at work yet their activities remain sky high because they are still doing the necessary to ensure they get the ideal results eventually. However, during this process, the management does not care how you were performing the previous quarters, or whether you are putting in long hours at work, if you are slogging your guts out every single day and you are ensuring that all the fundamentals are done right, activities are still high. Instead, the management will not care about your efforts at all but will only want to either manage you out, manage you up or manage your salary down. PeopleSearch has lost so many good hires who were not given the chance to make things work yet they are now doing exceptionally well at competitors. Salary. Not the best paymaster in the industry. Even when there are really good candidates who are looking for a mid career switch, PeopleSearch is not willing to pay for good people to come in. So they end up taking in mediocre people and complain that these people are a burden to the team. Do not join PeopleSearch unless you have no other option. Join PeopleSearch if you are looking for a career in recruitment and want a quick crash course. PeopleSearch does not promote work life balance, do not join if you are not willing to put in the extra hours. There are absolutely no perks at all joining PeopleSearch. Even something common like Dinner & Dance, the company does not have it. The company expects you to give more than its willing to give. So make a wise choice.

4 people found this review helpful