KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

PeopleSearch

Is this your company?

PeopleSearch

Add a Review

PeopleSearch Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated Sep 23, 2021

Found 7 of over 134 reviews

3.3
PeopleSearch Managing Director Lorencz Tay Yuh Shiuan
Lorencz Tay Yuh Shiuan
Pros
  • "Nice working environment, good mentors(in 7 reviews)

• "My experience working with Peoplesearch (PSS) for close to three months has been an eye-opening and wonderful learning experience(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "lack of work life balance - long working hours(in 17 reviews)

• "Long working hours as its really time is money for a sales job(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Temporary Employee, less than 1 year

HR Research Intern

Sep 23, 2021 - Summer Intern in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

My experience working with Peoplesearch (PSS) for close to three months has been an eye-opening and wonderful learning experience. Having been taken under the wing of the HR team, I have learnt a lot from the senior consultants’ experiences regarding recruiting for the various HR roles. Not only that, but the positive attitude that the team has demonstrated, bouncing back quickly even after multiple rejections or setbacks has been an inspiration to me. Such a working environment has allowed me to grow as an individual in terms of understanding the constantly driven work attitude, motivating me to strive to fulfil the various tasks that were assigned to me. The working environment was pleasant thanks to the welcoming colleagues that have guided me along the way. They have been understanding and have consistently helped in answering my questions and providing feedback on my work. The daily meetings help build the team’s rapport, getting all of us on the same page on the various cases and motivating me to help where I could. During my time as a Temp staff, I have gained a lot of practice in researching, cold calling for cases, improving my communication skills when selling the different roles to potential candidates. While this pushed me out of my comfort zone, it was a welcome challenge that has allowed me to get a taste of the reality of the workings of the working world. I have been able to learn from both the positive and negative aspects of the recruiting process. Researching and mapping potential candidates for the different HR functions across different industries was an educational experience that allowed me to be more proficient in my excel skills as well as gain knowledge of the specificities behind the HR function. Working closely with the senior consultants, receiving feedback on candidates sourced and phonescreened improved my softskills to improve my communication skills that would be essential in the corporate world. There was a high consistency in ensuring that clients would have suitable candidates to choose from while ensuring candidates’ interests in the different roles. The goal-oriented work ethic, but also encouraging style of work has allowed me to gain experience for my future endeavours. If someone were to gain experience in researching and recruiting, I highly recommend PPS as the company to go to.

Cons

Due to the Covid situation, it was unfortunate that I was not able to convene with colleagues in person.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee

Toxic, morally corrupt, Propaganda-cultured, cult-like Company- DO NOT JOIN!

Oct 13, 2020 - Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company sets the bar so low for an atrocious working environment, it actually benefits consultants who strive for more and believe that they deserve more. I would give this company a negative rating if I could as their existence does not benefit anyone. - The toxicity from management sets a good example of what to avoid if or for when a consultant eventually get to a managerial position - The inefficiency in communication and management sets a very good example of what to avoid being a human being generally, including how NOT to be morally corrupted and how you DONT want to ever live your life because it is all pathetic. There is NO silver lining to this company, it might seem they have a good training programme, but you can get that basic level of training anywhere else.

Cons

1. Toxic environment (Cut-throat)- One manager will harass you over text messages day and night, there were also loads of yelling and scolding over video conferences early in the morning and late at work. No respect was shown to employees or their afterwork time or private lives, as if employees aren't human beings. These managers will send out very lengthy aggressive emails on weekends just to talk down to you over something extremely small and to prove a point. In general, the text messages and emails you get from managers are extremely rude and coarse, showing how unprofessional this workplace is. This one manager also will never take responsibilities for his wrong doings, and when challenged by colleagues on company calls, this manager will try every way to deflect and avoid all responsibilities. There are some serious cowardly elements in this person. 2. Old-school thinking- You will be seen as "challenging management" if you have a slightly different opinion to what was proposed by management. There is no critical thinking allowed, or even free speech. Voicing an opinion calmly was always met by very aggressive and condescending ways of oppressing. Being in this company feels like living under a totalitarian government everyday. 3. Poor time management- Manager will turn up extremely late to work with no visibility of their whereabouts, which eventually leads to them working late into the evening and expecting their employees to be reachable and still working till late. One manager always has an excuse (private yet inexcusable reasons) for coming into work late. Some managers are notorious in the market for being late to client/ candidate meetings, one never actually showed up once. It is as if this manager's team is precious and everyone else's time means nothing. 4. Unrealistic expectation/ poor communication- One manager particularly has extremely poor written and verbal communication skill. If one consultant gets confused with what's being said, that is the consultant's issue. If all consultants in a team collectively get confused by directions provided by this manager, the manager is the issue. Expectations set by this manager changes all the time, what's being set as an expectation today, could be completely different when revamping next morning, directions are extremely hard to follow, yet apparently consultants are at fault. 5. Sexist/ ill-intentioned comments: Sexist questions were asked during the interview process, particularly sexist towards female interviewees. One manager openly said that males are better leaders than females. 6. Unclear/ scamming profit sharing scheme- There is a hidden profit sharing scheme that is only shared to consultants during orientation. None of it will be mentioned during the interview process, and what that means is that basically consultants won't make much commission from their deals, if any at all. The company also has at least several consultants working on one job, creating internal conflicts with limited rewards if the deal was closed. You can bring in a deal by yourself but will be forced to share that with numerous people, which again, sabotages your chances of getting paid good commission. 7. Bad client relationship- When asked about whether the company has a good client base, they would be extremely vague during the interview process to hide the fact that they are not competitive. This means there will be limited jobs coming from their non-existent key accounts, limited jobs for consultants to work on. This also means this firm gets the most challenging/ non-profitable roles in the market as the better/ higher paying roles are taken by other more professional recruitment firms in Singapore. 8. Unprofessional topics discussed- One manager would talk about the brands of watches people wear and what that means in terms of the amount of money they earn in conference calls. The brand "Rolex" was mentioned like it means anything. Another would talk about how making money means attracting better boyfriends/ girlfriends, using this example to "motivate" their employees. Their "motivation" tactic are extremely old-school, ineffective and quite frankly just pathetic. 9. Afterwork/ weekend working required- Some consultants work till midnight to compensate the ridiculous demands from the company, the company also routinely sets meetings/ trainings/ workshops on Saturdays, and make it compulsory for their employees to attend. This company blatantly goes against the law with regards to working hours and social distancing measures. According to the government, your employer should ensure that you are working from home for at least half your working time. This company made some employees work in the office full time without rotation, highly exposing them to the risk of covid. 10. Propaganda- cultured/ Cult-like- Words like"mindset", "we're in a crisis", "united" are thrown around like they mean something. All in all, these terms are thrown around to try and create a "united" culture, when in reality these words mean nothing and nobody is sincere. 11. Morally corrupt company- HR is in it with the company's managers. You would think HR acts as the neutral party when encountering disputes, but the HR in this company enables these managers to act the way they do. The yelling, the abusive and harassing emails, the unfair treatments etc. 12. Management is also non-trusting from the very start. They will not teach you what you actually need to succeed (I do wonder if they know what they are considering their poor performances), they are always suspicious of you, they do not want you to specialize in anything as that will be difficult to replace when they get rid of you. 13. Micro-management- One manager does not know where to draw the line, he will even try to micro-manage your private life which is unacceptable and completely illegal. When being challenged, this person will deflect and denies his failed attempt when everything is already documented. Completely delusional and lack class/ respect/ general humanity. 14. Gossipy/ Political- One manager has no issue telling his employees secrets/ personal details of other consultants in the team. You will not know this unless you have a good relationship with your teammates, as your teammates will eventually warn you that things have been said behind your back by this manager. This manager shares CONFIDENTIAL information with people yet feel like it is acceptable. This manager also likes to divide teammates in the same team and play them against each other, but that would not work on individuals who has a bit of intellect. Funny how one of the managers said during orientation that this company does not have any politics. The need to say this upfront was suspicious enough, the reality proved how untrue this statement is. Overall unprofessional and completely out-dated company with an extremely bad reputation in the Singapore market. All other recruitment firms know about how bad this company is. This company and managers all live in their own delusional world, and they never leave. A lot of them have never worked in another company, yet still think they are "gods" when coming to management and working style. Anyone with a bit of experience in the real world will be able to point out all the bizarre and out-dated rules and ways of working these people have.

6 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Former Intern

Good

May 10, 2017 - Anonymous Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice working environment, good mentors

Cons

Not many benefits other than the salary itself, most employees work overtime

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

I worked there as a executive search consultant

Jan 20, 2017 - Executive Search Consultant in Kuala Lumpur
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working as a consultant definitely need a good working environment, as a consultant, having a solid team that can assist you on different circumstances is a plus, and PeopleFirst malaysia have it all.

Cons

Working as a consultant is almost the same with working as a sales. Each talent has a specific target to achieve, so we can safely assume that each target is also competiing with each other, hence the competition in the company is quite high.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Nature of business

Aug 21, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a dynamic working environment, you face different kind of challenges mostly everyday, but luckily there are great people who you could ask for advice.

Cons

You might lost yourself and feel frustrated for this kind of environment, as we are dealing with people, their decision and mindset could change over a night.

17 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Regional Consultang

Jul 18, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great working environment, great colleagues, great culture. Annual company trips which encourages employees to strive their hardest to achieve that milestone (locations like Paris, Milan, Bali, Chengdu, European Cruise, Japan).

Cons

It's a sales role. other than that, it's an awesome company

14 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Recruitment

Feb 4, 2014 - Recruitment in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast Money if you do well Management style---Very Chinese.it's a Pros and Cons Can be a fun and proactive working environment. Great country leader. I like her

Cons

Lack of client support. Not a international firm yet hence will have lots of barrier when you try to pitch MNC, though you have excellent candidates who is for sure closure Management style---Very Chinese.it's a Pros and Cons--not flexible enough Start work at 8.30am, you need to tap fingerprint. You have to take half day annul leave though you are late only for second Lot's of Senior have left, and most of the team leaders are selfish Lot's of workshop, company performance review took place on Saturday / Afterwork / Holiday Super high turnover rate--not that the management not supporting, but you just cannot survive in this business environment

9 people found this review helpful