Peoples Products Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Appointment Manager"

Current Employee - Appointment Manager in Newington, CT
    Current Employee - Appointment Manager in Newington, CT

I have been working at Peoples Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leads are very warm so cold calling is non-existent. The upper management is positive in their leadership. Management wants to see an employee succeed.

Cons

Hours are very infrequent. Could be working until 9pm one night and start work the next day at 8am. With six day a week schedules that can be draining. Unless one plans on moving to outside sales or a position gets created from scratch there isn't that much room for growth.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities within the company. Keep up the positive attitude.

2. "Employee"

Pros

Good hourly and full-time but everything else is a toss up. Training wasn't very through but most of it was relevant and helpful. Nice atmosphere in the beginning.

Cons

Management blind to workers problems, other departments unaware of day to day issues. Questionable practices, unethical behaviors.
    Not customer focused, hostile work environment, offered supposed pay increases but numbers to get those increases are unobtainable. Huge turn over rate.

Advice to Management

Work within company to improve practices and policies, focus on the customer first and not your own pocket, make sure practices are clearly outlined, offer a raise structure that is obtainable. Fix turn over rate by offering set noon changing schedules and help allow employees to take part in updating procedures.

3. "Best Place I've Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newington, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newington, CT

I have been working at Peoples Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Uncapped Earning Potential, Great Management and Co Workers. Honestly the best place I Have ever worked. We sell a great product and make people happy!

Cons

Performance Driven, If you can't hustle you won't do well

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

4. "Rewarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newington, CT

Pros

Incredible positive environment to work in. Everyone is helpful and go out of their way to assist in your career. Best job decision I ever made . As a result of my hard work and determination, I've been promoted having only been there a short while.

Cons

There are no cons that I can see.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity.

5. "Leads and training were terrible; product was great, but way over-priced"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Newington, CT
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Newington, CT

I worked at Peoples Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Reliable working atmosphere. They were upfront and realistic about the amount of leads I received. Attentive management that are always there to consult with you when needed.

Cons

Training and management style was inconsistent. You are trained to do a job one way, and then pressured to the job differently in the field. Expected to overstay your welcome in peoples homes and push an exorbitantly priced product.

Advice to Management

Be more lenient with employees off time.

6. "Best company I've ever worked for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newington, CT

Pros

Upper Management is incredibly supportive and will take the time to nurture you if needed.
    Compensation package is way above other companies at similar positions.
    If you are dependable, loyal and work hard then you will be rewarded. I love Peoples Products!

Cons

Sometimes they move people a little too fast for upward positions when they could have undergone more seasoning in their positions.

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing. More companies can take a lesson on how you run your business.

7. "So So place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newington, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newington, CT

Pros

If you can work hard, you can do well. Growth oriented, Owner as investor, take your ideas into consideration

Cons

A minimum of 6 days/week work, 2 head managers- don't have good management styles, 1 manager makes the call in person work long hours despite her health issues, Not a familial atmosphere

Advice to Management

Fix turnover rate which tends to be high, set more realistic goals