Cover image for Pepper Construction

Found 84 of over 92 reviews

Pepper Construction CEO Stan Pepper
Stan Pepper

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work with throughout the organization.(in 12 reviews)
  • "Pepper treats employees great!(in 6 reviews)
  • "Very nice people with reasonable pay.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Pepper offers great benefits and is very family(in 4 reviews)
  • "Great atmosphere, People are great, Culture is good.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Experience

Sep 14, 2022 - Construction Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Gave me lots of responsibility

Cons

Nothing bad to say about them

Pepper Construction Response

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are always happy to hear when interns have a good experience. We hope you will keep Pepper in mind and please reach out to Human Resources if there is more we can do to assist your career development.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Pepper Cares

Sep 13, 2022 - Project Engineer II in Milwaukee, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life balance. Properly staffing jobs with management to prevent anyone from feeling like they're drowning. There is plenty of expertise in all areas of construction within the company for you to grow and learn in whatever direction you choose.

Cons

There are a lot of computer programs to learn. If you are not savvy with software, it can be a challenge.

Pepper Construction Response

Thank you so much for your response and we are so happy you have been enjoying Pepper! We’re deeply committed to our values and strive for our employees to have positive and fulfilling experiences working here. We always appreciate employee feedback. Please feel free to reach out to your manager or HR with any further suggestions!

3. Join the Pepper Construction team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0

Poor Experience

Jun 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of nice perks/benefits (e.g. bonuses, lunches, snacks, employee events)

Cons

THERE IS NO DIVERSITY and a lot of preferential treatment among staff. Just because there a few women on the executive team (who are all white) doesn't make the organization diverse. They have photos and statements referring to diversity within the organization, but just look at the staff and you will know all you need to know. The little bit of diversity they refer to comes from labor positions, not staff in the office. You can count on your hands the number of employees that aren't white. If you are a person of color I would strongly encourage you to look elsewhere. The company is not very progressive in this area and is not prepared to create an inclusive and equitable work environment. They have yet to do ACTUAL work, they are looking and waiting for someone else to come in and "fix" their diversity problems. Tokenism is also an issue within the organization, which further highlights the lack of diversity. Trust me, they are not ready for real change, the organization has been in business for almost 100 years and is now focusing on hiring POC and "focusing" on diversity because it is a "trend" in our culture not because they see and understand the true value of diversity, equity and inclusion.

3 people found this review helpful

Pepper Construction Response

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. Please reach out to your supervisor, HR, or any Pepper leader to get involved and help us improve. We appreciate your passion on this important topic and acknowledge your concerns. Diversity, equity and inclusion is a key focus for Pepper. Our founder engrained a legacy of respect and dignity in our culture, and we continue to build on this legacy. Our efforts are framed by five pillars that address each aspect of our organization and industry. We still have work to do. Until all people are offered the opportunity to achieve their full potential, we will not stop. We invite you to participate in this journey with us as we take action to advance our efforts. By joining us, the entire company can benefit from your ideas and input.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good company

Aug 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits paid and on time,

Cons

Work sporatic , for some, but not all

Pepper Construction Response

Thank you for the feedback! We’re glad you’re finding success at Pepper. We’re deeply committed to our values and strive for all of our employees to have positive and fulfilling experiences working here. If you have suggestions on how to improve the relationship with filed personnel, please reach out to your manager or the HR team. Show Less

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great family-owned company to work for!

Jul 19, 2022 - Marketing Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pepper cares for their employees and their company loyalty. It’s a large company that strives to be team-oriented, and I really enjoy being here.

Cons

I do not have any cons at the moment.

Pepper Construction Response

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are always happy to hear when employees are having a good experience and we encourage you to reach out to management or human resources if you have new ideas or career goals.

7. 5.0

Great Place to Grow

Jun 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It has been an honor to grow my career at an organization that makes values-based decisions and truly cares about their employees. I've never been told that I can't try something new, and I appreciate the spirit of entrepreneurialism that ignites innovation.

Cons

I can't think of anything.

Pepper Construction Response

Thank you for the great feedback! We appreciate hearing that you've been given opportunities to grow in the company. Please reach out to Human Resources if we can ever assist in your career growth.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Job Review

Sep 12, 2022 - Information Technology in Barrington, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are good people who work here.

Cons

We need more people to maintain productivity.

Pepper Construction Response

Thank you for your feedback. At Pepper, we strive for all employees to have a work/life balance. The current marketplace is competitive and we are always trying to find new talent with relevant skill levels to fill needed roles in the company. Please feel free to reach out to your manager or Human Resources to address your individual concerns.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Solid Foundation

Jul 19, 2022 - Superintendent in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid Team to work with and fall back on

Cons

Some groups tend to be more of a revolving door than others

Pepper Construction Response

Thank you for your commitment to Pepper and we're happy to hear that you feel supported as we always strive to create a team atmosphere. We always strive to foster career growth and opportunities that have meaning for our employees.

10. 5.0

Great company

Jul 20, 2022 - Project Accountant in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership and company culture are very positive.

Cons

Sometimes there is a feeling of overwork.

Pepper Construction Response

Thank you for the feedback. We’re deeply committed to our values and strive for our employees to have positive and fulfilling experiences working here. We strive to create a positive culture that reflects the Pepper values. We encourage you to reach out to your manager or the HR team to find solutions to alleviate the stress and long hours you are experiencing.

11. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good company

Aug 23, 2022 - Project Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is there

Cons

If you have not interned there, it is very difficult to move departments if desired.

Pepper Construction Response

Thank you for providing this feedback. As a company, we try to foster growth however we can. If you have a specific career path in mind, we encourage you to reach out to your manager or Human Resources to develop a plan for movement.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 84 Reviews
</>Embed

Pepper Construction Reviews FAQs

Pepper Construction has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 92 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at Pepper Construction to a friend and 82% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Pepper Construction employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Pepper Construction. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

76% of Pepper Construction employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Pepper Construction 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Pepper Construction to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, diversity and inclusion.

Popular Careers with Pepper Construction Job Seekers