Peppermill Resorts Reviews | Glassdoor

Peppermill Resorts Reviews

Updated Aug 7, 2019

Found 60 reviews

Peppermill Resorts CEO Bill Paganitti (no image)
Bill Paganitti
Pros
  • "Also, paid breaks with free food was a huge plus for me(in 4 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 4 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Reno, NV

I have been working at Peppermill Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Intensive Training, Family like enviornment

Cons

Cant really think of any

Peppermill Resorts2019-02-13
  2. "Peppermill Casino"

Current Employee - Mailroom Supervisor

I have been working at Peppermill Resorts full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Consecutive work flow, Overtime available

Cons

Low pay, Benefits, No holiday pay

Peppermill Resorts2019-08-07
  3. "Awful place to work"

Former Employee - Cocktail Server in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Peppermill Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food, cool ambiance

Cons

Over worked, underpaid, extremely old and outdated system, management basically lives there and expects you to dedicate your whole life to the job, sketchy end of the strip. Very high turnover rate

Advice to Management

Somehow chang the system and bring it up to the 21st century. It is no longer 1978, it’s 2019. If you treeated your employees better, maybe people would be happy to stay. I don’t know a whole lot of people that want to work 6 days a week at high stress job with very little pay.

Peppermill Resorts2019-05-23
  4. "Needs Improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at Peppermill Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Guests, tips, free lunch, health benefits

Cons

Drunk employees, low hourly pay, outdated attendance policy

Advice to Management

Working at the Peppermill can be fun but like any job and major company, it has its challenges. The money is good, the pace is fast, and the majority of the guests are wonderful and will tip well if you treat them right and check up on them. Like anywhere, there are cliques, so be mindful of what you say and to whom - the place is nicknamed the Rumor Mill for a reason. If you can rise above a petty mindset among a... large portion of the staff and focus on your own job, you will be fine. At the end of the day, you’re there for the GUESTS and to make money. What’s largely problematic at the Peppermill are the employees who stay after their shift and drink and gamble all night, every night. From a business perspective, I can understand this; the Peppermill is getting their money back so it’s a wash. However, this is not a good look for the casino. It’s also no fun for the people who work on the floor and have to deal with their drunk peers on a nightly basis. Many times, an employee will drink too much and become abusive to their fellow co-workers who are serving them and nothing can be done about it because they’re considered a “paying customer.” Either that or the employee will not want to pay, play, or use a drink token for their drinks, which puts the floor people in a compromising position. Often times, off-the-clock managers even partake in or witness this, which shouldn’t be allowed. Additionally, there needs to be more rules about what alcohol can be comped for guests and employees. I don’t think everyone is on the same page about this and it’s frustrating for the floor employees. For example, say a homeless person only has 10 cents in a machine and asks for Grey Goose - you still have to serve them what they want. I will also add that the attendance policy here is ridiculous. As an employee, you’re allotted 8 “points” in a year, meaning you can call out only 8 times and then you will be terminated. This sounds good in theory because 8 absences in one year is a lot and I understand the casino wants to keep the lackadaisical millennial work force in line. However, the Peppermill does not accept doctor’s notes, so even if you have a legitimate health reason or a personal emergency, you will be pointed, and on holidays, you get double points. So basically the only way you won’t be pointed is if you’re in the emergency room. A little ridiculous. Another frustrating thing about working here is the forced tip compliance, which, in my opinion, is theft. In order to be hired, you have to sign a waiver stating that you’re on board with the Peppermill’s tip compliance. This means that the IRS determines how much tipped workers make per week in tips, usually estimating way above what you actually make. Your hourly paycheck is thus taxed based on this and as a result is quite meager. Human Resources won’t let you opt out of this and claim your own tips, which I don’t think is legal. Other casinos, such as the Atlantis, allow you the option of claiming your tips. If you do participate in their tip compliance, they lowball their estimations and you end up bringing home more of your hourly paycheck, unlike the Peppermill. All in all, the Peppermill is a good place to work. Floor management is wonderful, benefits are good, and like I said before, money can be great. Just a couple minor tweaks are needed and the Peppermill will be a fine-tuned machine.

Peppermill Resorts2019-02-26
  5. "Valet Attendant"

I worked at Peppermill Resorts part-time

Pros

Good money, worked with my school schedule, friendly co-workers

Cons

work holidays or long or off hours.

Peppermill Resorts2018-10-29
  6. "Server"

Former Employee - Server in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Peppermill Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free food,normal hour shifts,can use your phone anywere

Cons

Bad management, they don't care about employees

Advice to Management

None

Peppermill Resorts2018-10-23

"Food server"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at Peppermill Resorts part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I’m a hard working woman . I can learn stuff quick . I have 1 and had of experience at ware house . I can pick,pack, materials handlers .

Cons

Nothing really .. everything is u get from learning and if u pay attention everything will be easy and quick

Peppermill Resorts2018-08-29

"Reservations Rep"

I worked at Peppermill Resorts for more than 3 years

Pros

Paid break and paid lunch.

Cons

Management is just horrible. The place is toxic and good quality of work is often unappreciated. When the boss wasn’t in, the supervisor liked to have loud and personal conversations all day long. Some supervisors acted like high schoolers by creating unnecessary drama. They should’ve been more focused on rewarding good behavior instead of always point out the negative.

Peppermill Resorts2018-08-16
  9. "Working at the Peppermill."

I have been working at Peppermill Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good and friendly place to work at. They will work with your school schedule.

Cons

No real career opportunities. Poor pay rates.

Peppermill Resorts2018-06-28
  10. "Not bad, but not great either."

Former Employee - SPA Manager

I worked at Peppermill Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Beautiful spa facility, tranquil environment, great co-workers.

Cons

Company does not pay line-level employees enough so there is high turnover. Constantly had to hire and train new spa employees.

Peppermill Resorts2018-06-10