PepsiCo Reviews | Glassdoor

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi
Indra K. Nooyi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work Life Balance is hard to find sometimes (in 658 reviews)

• Depending on your project you may be working at night some days or just long hours (in 551 reviews)

1. "hmmm"

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time

Pros

Good benefits and some really good people to work with!

Cons

They do Not listening to employees input.

Advice to Management

try leading instead of micro managing

2. "Business Solutions Delivery Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Solutions Delivery Analyst in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Business Solutions Delivery Analyst in White Plains, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great Medical Benefits
    - Friendly Employees
    - Work From Home Capabilities

Cons

- Long hours without additional compensation
    - Significantly more work than is expected of role without compensation
    - IT isn't a clear focus of PepsiCo when it comes to emerging technologies and people shouldn't work for them if they want to work on cutting-edge projects.
    - IT Full-Time Employees are slowly being converted to business analysts, under the assumption of no technical skillset. This drives away a lot of young, and talented employees.

Advice to Management

Management should listen to their employees and guide them in a direction or department that better makes them happy.

3. "Sales Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at PepsiCo as an intern

Pros

I was able to get a ton of experience actually selling to customers.

Cons

My manager and my mentor, who were both supposed to periodically monitor my work on my project, were never really on the same page. At times, I was confused as to what the expectations were. It might have been just my particular location, however, because I was the first intern at this location. In addition, I noticed that many of the employees did not seem to have much of a work/life balance, and the sales positions are very physically demanding. If you do not like to spend a lot of your day stocking coolers and moving around heavy objects, then this is probably not the job for you.

4. "Accounts Receivable"

Former Contractor - Accountant
    Former Contractor - Accountant

I worked at PepsiCo as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They were very good to their employees

Cons

The travel distance was to much

"It is getting worse by the month, used to really love my job."

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good people to work with, terrific life experiences as well as real world training. Learned a lot about what not to do to employees and how not to manage frontline EE's.

Cons

- Work life balance is preached and yet if you try it, you get absolutely piled on.
    - As others have mentioned, Pepsi is hiring managers based on quotas and not actual experience. There are Sales Managers and Directors who have no business leading teams.
    - This company only cares about what the P&L says and how much Indra is returning to shareholders, all other important decisions get short shrift
    - Zero collaboration with goal writing - everything is handed down from finance with completely unrealistic expectations, or actual knowledge of how to achieve said plans. Shoot then point attitudes abound.
    - The cutting back of resources has hit all time low, it is absolutely impossible to manage customer expectations with so few field assets.
    - I could go on like this for pages.....

"n/a"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Cleveland, OH

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

independent work
    simple
    fast paced at times

Cons

rushed to get work done
    no room for growth

"District Sales Leader"

Current Employee - District Sales Leader
    Current Employee - District Sales Leader

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exciting, fast paced, and competitive

Cons

Ridiculous hours, terrible communication channels, nothing gets done when you need it, pay is decent if the hours were fairly normal, very little appreciation for winning contests or good performance.

Advice to Management

Find a way to keep up with other companies on employee appreciation, comfort, and inclusion. A culture of "work until your hands bleed" does not work anymore, this needs to start to change. We are entering a time of getting things done in a more efficient way, ridiculous/unnecessary hours should not be expected anymore.

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company with so many executive. Good PR , good training and employee dining discount available good place to grow courier and learn

Cons

Takes a while to get something done. More planing needed in research and development, guests dining experience, wine program and recipes.

Advice to Management

Stronger HR. More research and planing needed

9. "Great expereince, but too bureaucratic for those alredy with concrete interests."

Former Intern - Manufacturing Operations
    Former Intern - Manufacturing Operations

I worked at PepsiCo as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- The people that I worked with made each day fun and engaging.

- PepsiCo on my resume is definitely a big plus moving forward.

- Pay is very competitive.

Cons

- They love to say that at PepsiCo "you own your own career" but that couldn't be further from the truth. If you're a manufacuring ops intern, your SINGLE option as far as full-time employment is to be a manufacturing ops associate and rotate around in each department. You have no other options, and little to no say as far as location. After the 12-18 months of this position, they want you to take on some shift supervisory role. Again, you have little to no say, and this may require another move if there's nothing open in your current facility. After supervisory experience, then you get to be an actual engineer. It could take 3-5 years and 2 relocations before a graduate with an engineering degree gets to be an engineer. And guess what, if you choose to leave PepsiCo at any point during that process, you'll be looking for entry-level engineering roles elsewhere even though you're 2-3 years out of school.

- HR provided absolutely no guidance when it came to the potential full-time transition.

Advice to Management

- Understand that by requiring everyone to be relocatable, you're missing out on quality talent that desires to stay in the same area. Learn to work with both kinds of people.

- Be up-front with interns so that they can decide if they're interested in a full-time role.

- Create other avenues for interns to become full-time employees. I understand that the associate programs are designed to help campus hires learn about what they want in a role, but not everyone needs that. For graduates that are already sure of themselves in regards to their interests, the "cookie cutter" nature of this role is not enticing in the least.

"Things are going downhill"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Price, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Price, UT

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

consistent work and incentive pay

Cons

co-workers are whiners and back stabbers declining morale

Advice to Management

teach the new management how to deal with people and put an end to the complaining

Showing 831 of 6,141 reviews