PepsiCo Reviews | Glassdoor

2,075 Ratings

5,372 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • shifts if back to back becomes a bit hard on Work/Life balance (in 634 reviews)

• Long hours that are added last minute (in 526 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sales Intern-Pepsi Beverages Company"

Current Employee - Intern in Kankakee, IL
    Current Employee - Intern in Kankakee, IL

I have been working at PepsiCo (Less than a year)

Pros

At the beginning of the internship Pepsi does a nice job of making sure your onboarding process is smooth and you are introduced to the company before going out into the market to work with customers. Throughout my internship I was given the opportunity to work with customers and get real-world experience that is not offered in any classroom setting. My managers and every other employee at the plant were very welcoming and always around to answer any questions that I had. I would highly recommend this internship for anyone looking to work for a competitive and innovative company!

Cons

There was not any cons to this internship, the overall experience was excellent.

Advice to Management

My managers were great and very welcoming. They should keep doing exactly what they are already doing.

PepsiCo Response

Aug 5, 2016 – Talent Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience as an intern at PepsiCo!

"A great place to learn!"

Former Employee - Forecasting Manager in Somers, NY
    Former Employee - Forecasting Manager in Somers, NY

Pros

Pepsi Bottling Group was a challenging, competitive and highly rewarding place to work. Many of the strongest minds operated the business, demanded action, intellect and accountability while enjoying the fun of working for a soda company.

Cons

A bit hierarchy driven with an inability to move people quickly through the ranks. Many long timers who were tremendous leaders still could not find a way to offer the long term benefits to folks who wanted success a bit faster than 20 years.

Advice to Management

Recognize younger talent and ensure that they have opportunities. It is too bad that many folks gained significant training and experience but felt they needed to leave to advance their careers faster.

"PepsiCo, good place to work"

Current Employee - SAP Analyst/Training Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - SAP Analyst/Training Coordinator in Chicago, IL

Pros

Pepsico is a great company and is pretty stable. There are many opportunities for employees to grow. The company has some pretty good benefits such as flexible work arrangements and provides employees to select a "one simple thing" in their objectives to support their work life balance. You va the opportunity to work from home when necessary. PepsiCo divisions also offer Summer hours which are just awesome.

Cons

Really bad HR system, especially for those who apply online. I don't like the Sharepower program where the company give you stocks every year depending on your job level. You will have to wait a very long time before you can actually cash it in because you only get the profit out of selling the stocks minus all the taxes and fees.

Advice to Management

Improve HR. There needs to be a streamline process. PepsiCo needs to improve the responses to candidates in terms of timing. It could take months before you hear from someone or are finally hired.

"PepsiCo is a place where your career can take off..."

Current Employee - Vice President in Purchase, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in Purchase, NY

Pros

Career advancement, career oppportunities. Chance to work with really bright, talented leaders. Fast paced. Open to people with different backgrounds (diversity is real). Legacy talent (many folks who spent time at PEP are now at top jobs elsewhere --- the company spits out leaders left and right. Really innovative marketing as well as strong sales culture.

Cons

Location...at times desire to be IN NYC vs in Suburbia. Technology, unfortunately the investment in technology is lacking..but it goes with that industry (CPG). I think the investment will come in time. Base salaries are a bit low and bonus is held only at middle to senior levels but stock for all is amazing benefit/concept.

Advice to Management

None really...just keep doing good work..and continue to motivate the organizations.

5. "PepsiCo is a great place to work. If you go there, you will meet great people and learn a TON!!"

Former Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Purchase, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Purchase, NY

Pros

It is a great international corporation that is very well respected and with an amazing CEO, Indra Nooyi. PepsiCo's Marketing / Brand Management is some of the best in the U.S. and internationally. I was at Pepsi for 3 years and learned a lot about how to build great marketing campaigns. Also, Pepsi's HQ campus is beautiful and they have half day Fridays (leaving at 12:45pm) over the summer and during the Winter holiday season. If I hadn't wanted to move back to a different state to be near my family, I would've stayed at PepsiCo for many more years!

Cons

It's too cold in the winter for the warm-weather types like me!... Sometimes work can be a bit too much (there is a lot of it). But, that's a fact of working in the corporate world. Also, I got one bad manager (out of three). Unfortunately, the manager's lack of good supervisory and leadership skills slowed my career advancement and tainted my view of the company in a negative way. Once I seaked HR's help though, I was quickly reassigned to an (overdue) rotation in brand management reporting to one of the best managers I have ever had and well on track for promotion.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! I am proud to have worked at PepsiCo and will always be grateful for all the wonderful experiences and learning.

6. "PepsiCo is a rewarding and challenging company."

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

Inclusive culture, brands to be proud of, world class leadership, opportunity for professional growth and development. I have a strong sense of pride for the company and its rich history. This is a very challenging organization and would not be a fit for someone who isnt completely dedicated to their job. It has a sink or swim culture which works well for me.

Cons

It can feel large and disjointed at times, a company of this size and complexity tends to be hard to infiltrate. It is easy to feel like you are on an island. There is a lot of red tape between the parent company and the bottling network.

Advice to Management

Continue to work to bring everyone together especially field personnel. It's easy to feel isolated. PepsiCo is hard to wrap your arms around. There is opportunity to bring the company together in a more powerful way. I dont think we leverage our synergies between divisions.

7. "Great place to grow..."

Current Employee - Insights Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Insights Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Great company that gives great responsibility to their employees. You can be anything you want here if you just show potential and initative. The skys the limit. The people here are great and there's a real feeling of family here. Also tons of training and development.

Cons

Consistent pressure to acheive goals and surpass. The facilities are kinda getting older here and the cubes are pretty old now. The computer programs are also pretty old so we don't always have the best applications.

Advice to Management

Keep consistently moving towards Inspire Well Being. It makes me proud to work for you

8. "Frito-Lay is the employer of choice in Dallas, TX."

Current Employee - Human Resources in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Dallas, TX

Pros

The People! That is the thing I hear constantly. It separates us from other companies. The people are so cool and great at what they do.

Cons

People are so passionate about their work that sometimes it takes away time from the personal side.

Advice to Management

Remember there is a reason that all of our competitors engage headhunters pointed at Frito-Lay. We are good at what we do. NEVER give an employee a reason to respond to a headhunters voicemail. We get the calls daily, but there is no need to return them if you are having fun doing your job.

9. "A challenging but rewarding company to work for"

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Purchase, NY
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Purchase, NY

Pros

PepsiCo is a very family-friendly company that has always supported flextime.

Cons

The technical staff is predominantly outsourced which makes it hard to plan and execute a project because business knowledge is lost at the end of each project, and you don't know the capabilities of a new team. Usually each new project starts with a new team of technical people. This is a very challenging company to work for.

Advice to Management

Cherish your senior technical people and hire more of them to keep the business and application knowledge in house.

"Outstanding company with great people but too focused on diversity"

Former Employee - Vice President Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President Sales in New York, NY

Pros

Compensation and professional growth are very good. People are challenged early in their career and given chances to succeed or fail. If you are bright, capable, team oriented and willing to work long hours, you can succeed. If you are a diverse candidate, you will have a better chance than most to make it there as preference is given to those people.

Cons

Long hours and high pressure to deliver results. PepsiCo is very results oriented and if you aren't capable of leading change and taking risks, this company isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Seek the best person, not just someone who is diverse.

Showing 5,372 of 5,858 reviews