PepsiCo Reviews | Glassdoor

5,211 reviews

Full-time Part-time

5,211 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • shifts if back to back becomes a bit hard on Work/Life balance (in 618 reviews)

• Long hours that are added last minute (in 523 reviews)

"Rsr"

Former Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Somewhat flexible work schedule .management that knows little about their job ,let alone yours . They will be gone before they have you terminated ..

Cons

PAY is below average for dsd delivery, long hours , incompetent management , lousy equipment

Advice to Management

Advice to future job seekers.... stay away from here , NO room for advancement let alone a pay raise ... But if you insist apply at a UNION site because your co workers will be the only one that will have your back

2. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities to learn new things and work in many different functions. Groups with good leadership do a good job of creating development opportunities for employees. Benefits and perks are pertty good (health, dental, 401k match, on site gym and health clinic).

Cons

Finding your next role can be difficult if you don't know the right people, so networking within the company is a must. Work/life balance can suffer depending on which group you are in.

"Overall good company to work for"

Current Employee - Full Time Merchandiser in Castro Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Full Time Merchandiser in Castro Valley, CA

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, good benefits, two days off in a row, three weeks vacation a year. Overall good company to work for

Cons

Very repetitive, you're constantly moving around. The only break you get is when you're driving to your next store. I work 10-12 hour days. If you're not an active person and have a problem with sweating while working then this job isn't for you

5. "Very nice place to work"

Current Employee - Package Machine Operator in Wooster, OH
    Current Employee - Package Machine Operator in Wooster, OH

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The money is excellent. Most of the people are friendly. The job is not difficult to learn and you get properly trained on any piece of equipment. Safety is a number one priority.

Cons

The biggest con is they will work you seven days a week and will make you work some 12 hour shifts too. Don't get me wrong the overtime is nice but sometimes you just need your days off.

Advice to Management

Hire more people so people don't have to work 6-7 days a week.

6. "CDL Class B Route Driver/Salesman"

Current Employee - Driver Salesman Dowser Water in Newburgh, NY
    Current Employee - Driver Salesman Dowser Water in Newburgh, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You're given the ability to manage your own day, the job is good exercise, and a little integrity goes a long way with management. As long as you do your best, you'll only leave on your terms. The benefits are fantastic if you've got dependents, and the vacation days a year grow with each you stay. It's a great place to get a couple years of straight truck experience. (BUT they've only got automatic trucks in their fleet)

Cons

Other than routing yourself, the job can be a little mindless. Really physically demanding labor, you can expect to unload ~3-5 tons of water a day. Sometimes, those guys are going up stairs. It pains me to say so, but if you've got no dependents, the hourly wage makes this place a stepping stone (unless you can consistently bring in new accounts, they do offer bonuses for that, as opposed to quotas).

Advice to Management

When I applied for a route with Dowser, I thought I could solve all their problems if I were only afforded the opportunity and an open ear. Now, I see that most of the direct management does everything within their power to enable and motivate their workers. Sometimes, you just don't have all the tools you need.

7. "Decent place if you need a job"

Current Employee - Warehouse Forklift Operator in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Forklift Operator in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The money is good. Hours can work for your schedule. A lot of employees which means they retain quite a bit.

Cons

Constant rule changes, and different expectations of everyone. They need to pay based on performance. Too many people can fly under the radar.

"Route sales representative"

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

No set start time, autonomy.

Cons

Pay has been stymied. In days gone by the rsr could sell what they wanted. We were and are a COMMISSIONED sales team. Frito-Lay in its infinite wisdom has chosen to promote only certain flavors in certain sizes and their schematics are eliminating the personal input as to what SELLS in your stores. Every area has a specific demographic that can be catered to. Now everything is set to national standard schematic which does not work.

Advice to Management

Wake up before you go belly up! We recently had a three day job fair and not a single applicant .
    I have been with this company for fifteen years, I had 11 good years with Frito-Lay, but, the last four have been horrific. Let the salesperson SELL.

"Merchandiser"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Atlanta, GA

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay with great benefits but negatives outweigh the positives

Cons

Frito-Lay side of PepsiCo too many hours 55+ very paced job. Frito has little to none opportunities to move up within the company. When they do its not the best candidate. Was given a chance to move up i declined needing more experience before moving up. Seen several people get passed up by someone with a degree but no experience.

Advice to Management

Advice to management you overwork not only your RSR's but also many of your District Sales Leads. Doesnt help when DSL's that are not qualified to run a Zone are the ones that get the job. Weak leads puts way too much on the ones below them. (I've seen about 9 ZM's only 1 was a good fit they were promoted for region and they were the best candidate when she left I left

"Not a great company for those who need regulated schedule"

Current Employee - Rout Sales Associate in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Rout Sales Associate in Madison, WI

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great job for people who have a lot of time and don't mind working random hours and random days.

Cons

Not a great position for working families, or those who have other commitments

Advice to Management

Properly schedule employees to do less traveling. Offer hotels for those who do have to travel. Make sure that you communicate more frequently with your employees, especially when referencing their work next work schedule (for the swing shifters)

"Don't do it... It's a trick"

Former Employee - RSA in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - RSA in Austin, TX

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food at meetings
    Management leaves you alone till they want you to cover a shift on your day off.

Cons

Schedule for an RSA is a joke. Different every week.
    Different start and end times for each route.
    You will have no life. 50+ hours per week on salary.
    Chinese overtime .
    Your take-home will be $600-650 per week.
    Don't believe you will get a route anytime soon...
    Most trucks don't have A/C and are complete junk.

Advice to Management

Boost pay and work on schedule.
    Otherwise, there will be no one left to deliver your chips...

Showing 5,211 of 5,689 reviews