Cover image for PepsiCo

PepsiCo

Engaged Employer

PepsiCo

Add a Review

PepsiCo Employee Reviews about "manager"

4.0
78% Recommend to a Friend
PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Ramon Laguarta
87% Approve of CEO
4.0
PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Ramon Laguarta
Ramon Laguarta
3,899 Ratings

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your exclusive Company Bowl on Community. Join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "Pay is good and that's all about that it's good about this job.not(in 1414 reviews)
  • "We have good benefits and the people we work hand in hand are usually hard workers.(in 1237 reviews)
  • "The people there are great and they are always looking to push the boundaries in the food and beverage industry.(in 861 reviews)
  • "Culture is great and transparent(in 419 reviews)
  • "Starting salary is good for a recent college graduate (though not for the actual work you have to do)(in 278 reviews)
Cons
  • "There is no work life balance even though they like to talk about it a lot.(in 752 reviews)
  • "Long hours and if your staff calls out you are expected to cover the route.(in 705 reviews)
  • "Poor management all they care about are sales Underpaid compared to other companies No reward for good work(in 550 reviews)
  • "There's no real control on who is a good and a bad manager(in 250 reviews)
  • "Long hours due to many vacancies(in 238 reviews)

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of PepsiCo and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email

Jacksonville, FL
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and pay are great compared to direct competitors. Your team of managers are always willing to help one another.

Cons

Unrealistic hours at work at Frito Lay. Zero work life balance and anything under a 12 hour day is frowned upon. They expect managers to run routes, be on call24/7 and get reprimanded for not completing your own assignments even though you're running routes due to lack of staffing. New upper management team act as if they are better than everyone else there. District managers connect with their sales reps and that's what keeps most of them from not quitting! Upper management keeps pushing to 'write them up'... they are already upset about the new pay structure which is based on working a minimum of 50 hours to make less money. Granted some people shouldn't be there but even the morale of some great sales reps are down. New ZBM has zero empathy and sympathy and doesn't care about anyone but himself. If he spent as much time on hiring staff as he did on smoking outside, maybe the place wouldn't be falling apart. Maybe managers wouldn't be quitting either!

1. 3.0
        May 5, 2014
        Marketing Intern
        Current Intern, less than 1 year
        Tallahassee, FL
        Recommend
        CEO Approval
        Business Outlook

Pros

The Key Account Manager I worked for was a great guy and very easy to get along with

Cons

I came during a slower season so I didn't get to work as many events as I could have. I wish I could have taken on more responsibility but there is virtually no room for upward mobility in the Tallahassee distributing.

2. Join the PepsiCo team

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

193.2K

Executive Administrative Assistant

Hello, Please be kind. I’m so out of the loop and beat down, and may have posted this in a wrong group. I have been at my job 11 years, applied for a new job out of my organization. Posting closed last Mon. Tues at 4:40 they emailed to request an interview and wanted my top days/times for upcoming M-W. I responded with pref Wed afternoon as 1, Tues early or late as 2 or 3. I have not heard a response. I have to figure out an excuse to go on Tues to leave work. Is this normal to keep hanging on?

5 Comments

City of Boston

hi , I’m new here 👋 I have an interview coming up and I’m struggling on how to answer the “tell me about yourself statement question.” I personally don’t like to talk about myself and have the tendency to start talking about me but then I end up talking about what’s on my resume 🤦‍♀️ any advice ?

2 Comments

Alexa Rivera

Hi, I applied for a job at a small business warehouse and I had a phone call with them about 1.5 weeks ago. It went well and a few days after, I got an email asking me when can I do an in person interview. I replied the following business day and gave them three dates. However, it’s been 4 days and they have not responded back to my email response. I even sent them a follow up and nothing. What does this mean and what should I do?

1 Comment

Glassdoor has 19,420 PepsiCo reviews submitted anonymously by PepsiCo employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if PepsiCo is right for you.